OT: ¡TQM!, mis amigos <3 thanks for being the best clubhouse ever.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Stuck in a hotel in Regina, apparently the sports / VLT lounge doesn't have video poker. Guess card games are too hard for Roughrider fans, lol. Anyways. Through some miracle of unknown device, I ran $40 to $300.

I might have given it back but every time i tried to be social, what a disaster.

"Hey man, how's your night going?"
"mmrgmm'
'How about you, miss, anything going on at any machine?"
"mrgGRMM"

Well, f***, sorry I tried to be A HUMAN in your presence, lol.

TL;DR: thanks to all of you, even the curmudgeons, that is, even you Sip :P for being the best social club I could hang out while I pretend to care how a slot machine worked!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
@AlphaLackey , As the resident expert on odds and wagering did you hear about the person who bet 1.4 million on the Chargers when they were up 27 nothing for a potential payout of only around 11K?

Wow, there's bad beats, and then there are BAD beats. lol. Didn't seem like the reward was worth the risk IMO.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
@AlphaLackey , As the resident expert on odds and wagering did you hear about the person who bet 1.4 million on the Chargers when they were up 27 nothing for a potential payout of only around 11K?

Wow, there's bad beats, and then there are BAD beats. lol. Didn't seem like the reward was worth the risk IMO.
I have my doubts that story is true.

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I realize the reasons why it isn't the case, but I am a still little baffled why Toronto isn't an NBA free agent/trade destination.

Scottie Barnes gets to have Billboard advertisements across the entire country, including Steinbach and Winnipeg, as a what - top 30 NBA player? Not even that this season.

If you're a star in Toronto, you get to own an entire country when it comes to endorsements. Usually it takes becoming an all-time great to get that kind of exposure. If you become a star in other NBA markets, you only get billboards in that one city.

Reactions: kanadalainen

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I realize the reasons why it isn't the case, but I am a still little baffled why Toronto isn't an NBA free agent/trade destination.

Scottie Barnes gets to have Billboard advertisements across the entire country, including Steinbach and Winnipeg, as a what - top 30 NBA player? Not even that this season.

If you're a star in Toronto, you get to own an entire country when it comes to endorsements. Usually it takes becoming an all-time great to get that kind of exposure. If you become a star in other NBA markets, you only get billboards in that one city.

It's not the dead zone that some markets are (Sacremento, OKC) but it's no LA/NY, the team is struggling right now so there's no win now factor, the weather in the winter isn't good compared to some of the southern markets. I'm sure the Canadian Subway money isn't huge compared to the US ad money either.

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
It's not the dead zone that some markets are (Sacremento, OKC) but it's no LA/NY, the team is struggling right now so there's no win now factor, the weather in the winter isn't good compared to some of the southern markets. I'm sure the Canadian Subway money isn't huge compared to the US ad money either.

My point is to dominate LA, you have to be an all time great, and battle with the other stars on the other LA team.

To dominate California you have to be even bigger than that.

To dominate Canada, you just have to be an all-star. If I were an all-star in the NBA, I would consider Toronto/Canada a great market to boost my exposure.

But again, I totally understand more goes into these decisions than that.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB

If it was true, the person laying the bet has f—k you money. It would be a joke to that person.

Reactions: Huffer

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
My point is to dominate LA, you have to be an all time great, and battle with the other stars on the other LA team.

To dominate California you have to be even bigger than that.

To dominate Canada, you just have to be an all-star. If I were an all-star in the NBA, I would consider Toronto/Canada a great market to boost my exposure.

But again, I totally understand more goes into these decisions than that.

You don't have to dominate California you just get millions and millions to live on the southern California coast.

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
You don't have to dominate California you just get millions and millions to live on the southern California coast.
Haha - That's true.

I suppose many stars aren't as endorsement-focused as I think they would be.

If it was true, the person laying the bet has f—k you money. It would be a joke to that person.
I suspect gimmick tickets that make news like that are stealth advertising for bookmakers.

Reactions: Aggie204

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Speaking of MJHL - I urge everyone to check out the MJHL/SJHL showcase at the end of this month.

First time the event is in Manitoba, and should provide some really fun and competitive hockey. I know I'll be there to take in the 18U game on Jan. 31.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Does anyone know where you can get custom image, life size foam board cutouts done up in Winnipeg. I am looking to get one made up for the wall at the cottage.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I'm putting new BDS front springs in Ruby (my 2003 Jeep Wrangler) this weekend. They have 3" lift over stock (and the crappy Rough Country shyte thats in there now) and in combination with existing 33" rubber should be enough to get me through the drifts in a couple of abandoned farm roads out near the Lowe Farm/St.Pierre/Rosenort triangle.

In other exciting news, Ruby's straight 6 (4.0 litre) gets a fresh set of spark plugs.

Taxes, death, HP printers and 4.0 litre AMC designed Jeep straight sixes. :)

Last edited:

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Still hangin' on in the survivor pool, need a win tonight. Took the Jets, hopefully they show up :naughty:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Does anyone know where you can get custom image, life size foam board cutouts done up in Winnipeg. I am looking to get one made up for the wall at the cottage.
I have no clue where to get these made, but I'm snoopy enough to ask who/what you plan to immortalize in a cutout, if you care to share.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Any wide format print shop with a flatbed cutter should be able to do it. If you were in Vancouver I could point you in the right direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad