GDT: Zykov vs McDavid

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Putting Darling in every game is smartest thing they can do at this point. It ain't gonna be a pretty end to the season but we need dat draft position.

The problem is that the way he's playing, there's NO WAY you can bring him back next year and say we have credible goaltending

Name a Goalie in the NHL who was this bad that just turned it around in one off season.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
The problem is that the way he's playing, there's NO WAY you can bring him back next year and say we have credible goaltending

Name a Goalie in the NHL who was this bad that just turned it around in one off season.
That's the exact point, when (not if) he keeps playing the way he has through the end of the season there's no way any prospective GM can look at him and say he still has an NHL job to start next season. Either he'll be in Charlotte or he'll be bought out, and either is fine by me.

The down side is Ward probably comes back for another year but to rid ourselves of Darling that's a price I'm very willing to pay.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

Just my opinion, but I have serious doubts Darling is going to be a member of this team much longer, even he didn't start the rest of the season. I know no one is alluding to getting rid of him, but you can't watch this guy and think this is fixable, or that he's going to turn it around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad