Confirmed with Link: Zucker to Pittsburgh for a 1st, Galchenyuk and Addison

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Is Carly going to be on the Power Trip tomorrow?
I could see her at the very least calling in for a segment or two. She strikes me as someone who doesn't fall apart from something like this. If I remember right, she was asked about Jason being involved in all the trade talk last year and how she talked to current and former NHL wives to get a better idea of what goes on.

Reactions: fentonsbrainchild

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I mean the worst best scenario is Galchenyuk turns out to be a pretty good 2nd line center and builds chemistry with Kaprizov (and yes I know Galchenyuk is US, but he's also Russian).

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Just got out of yoga to this...

gotta say — i love the man JZ has become over the years and watching him grow up from his days at DU. I’m happy he has a legitimate shot to win a cup and play with some of the best in the world.

with that said, Im a fan of this return.

Reactions: TaLoN

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Sucks to see Zucker go, but he’ll do awesome in Pittsburgh. Happy for him professionally and although the distance thing will suck, the MSP to PIT flight isn’t all that terrible. At least he didn’t end up in Canada.

Addison gets better the more I read about him. The 1st is always a plus.

Galchenyuk... I say give him a 4-5 game tryout at center and flip him at the deadline if you don’t see a future for him here. No sense keeping yet another winger on the roster if that’s all he ends up being.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sucks to see Zucker go, but he’ll do awesome in Pittsburgh. Happy for him professionally and although the distance thing will suck, the MSP to PIT flight isn’t all that terrible. At least he didn’t end up in Canada.

Addison gets better the more I read about him. The 1st is always a plus.

Galchenyuk... I say give him a 4-5 game tryout at center and flip him at the deadline if you don’t see a future for him here. No sense keeping yet another winger on the roster if that’s all he ends up being.

I didn't even consider flipping Galchenyuk, honestly. Not sure what we could get for him, but if you figure out by the deadline that he doesn't fit here, something is better than nothing.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think if you look at Pittsburgh's prospects, that's not bad. It feels really good to have an extra 1st too, like REALLY good.
Having that high 1st and a lower 1st is a really good way to take what you want or use it to move up and take 2 of what you want.

Calen is a solid prospect and I think Galchenyuk got a rougher ride in Pittsburgh than he should have, Guerin is a guy I still think is the best of the AGM's that left the Pens and this is a solid move by Bill Guerin for the Wild. I think adding a PMD like Calen though, makes his next move likely very exciting and scary for you guys, whether it's a D being moved or not.

Best of luck to the Ex-Pens on the Wild.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
You look at this deal and think Guerin pushed for Galchenyuk to be included?

I don't think it was a push, but I think Guerin looked at this roster, looked at Galchenyuk and asked for him to be included. Yes cap space and all (balancing them out), but hell JR could have pushed for Minnesota to take on a guy like Jack Johnson to balance out the cap space, if Minnesota wanted a 1st and Addison. I think Guerin knew 1) Minnesota needed an expiring contract (gives them more maneuverability) 2) scouted Galchenyuk and knows he can play hockey, just not great 3) saw that there wasn't a lot of depth at center for Minnesota, so what the hell? Worse is that Gally doesn't work, it's a 20+ game workout. The best is that Gally actually recovers under Bruce and works with the team here. We have another 80+ game try out next season with Kaprizov on wing and maybe you know, we have a good lineup? It was probably constructed 1st + Galchenyuk + something and that something was what prospect?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't think it was a push, but I think Guerin looked at this roster, looked at Galchenyuk and asked for him to be included. Yes cap space and all (balancing them out), but hell JR could have pushed for Minnesota to take on a guy like Jack Johnson to balance out the cap space, if Minnesota wanted a 1st and Addison. I think Guerin knew 1) Minnesota needed an expiring contract (gives them more maneuverability) 2) scouted Galchenyuk and knows he can play hockey, just not great 3) saw that there wasn't a lot of depth at center for Minnesota, so what the hell? Worse is that Gally doesn't work, it's a 20+ game workout. The best is that Gally actually recovers under Bruce and works with the team here. We have another 80+ game try out next season with Kaprizov on wing and maybe you know, we have a good lineup? It was probably constructed 1st + Galchenyuk + something and that something was what prospect?

Or it was constructed as 1st+Calen Addison+a cap dump that could potentially provide some additional benefit to us, but at worst, won't hinder us moving forward, with that latter part being the more important part.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Or it was constructed as 1st+Calen Addison+a cap dump that could potentially provide some additional benefit to us, but at worst, won't hinder us moving forward, with that latter part being the more important part.

Possibly, but having Gally come back is probably important. Frees up the wings in the top 6 (Donato is probably next to go) and keeps Donato/Kunin from playing center while Guerin makes more room. He has consistently said that he is trying to keep the wings open.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Possibly, but having Gally come back is probably important. Frees up the wings in the top 6 (Donato is probably next to go) and keeps Donato/Kunin from playing center while Guerin makes more room. He has consistently said that he is trying to keep the wings open.

Galchenyuk is also the only pending UFA the Penguins have aside from Schultz, who obviously doesn't fit here.

I don't think it's as deep as you're reading into it. Penguins needed to clear some cap, it was either Galchenyuk or Schultz.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Galchenyuk is also the only pending UFA the Penguins have aside from Schultz, who obviously doesn't fit here.

I don't think it's as deep as you're reading into it. Penguins needed to clear some cap, it was either Galchenyuk or Schultz.

They have been trying to dump Jack Johnson for a bit, and Johnson was linked to Minnesota for a bit. A 1st and Addison (who maybe their best prospect) for Zucker is pretty steep.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They have been trying to dump Jack Johnson for a bit, and Johnson was linked to Minnesota for a bit. A 1st and Addison (who maybe their best prospect) for Zucker is pretty steep.

Jack Johnson was never coming to Minnesota. That's a Pittsburgh pipe dream.

Wildfan82

Oct 19, 2019
Great news! It's to bad his wife can't move as stated above. I hate the morning show on Kfan. They are awful!!

Reactions: Wild11MN

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Her husband is making millions of dollars a year playing professional hockey so she doesn't have to work a day the rest of her life. For some reason I can't will myself to feel all that badly for her.
Think of something that is very important to you in your life and imagine only being able to see it using facetime or a text message. Could you still do your job? Probably. Would it make it a lot harder to go about your daily routine? I bet it would.

Reactions: Chokey McChokerston

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Great news! It's to bad his wife can't move as stated above. I hate the morning show on Kfan. They are awful!!
It's unfortunate that Carly isn't able to move to Pittsburgh for many reasons. "Wildfan82's" consumption of a morning radio show improving is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad