Confirmed with Link: Zucker to Pittsburgh for a 1st, Galchenyuk and Addison

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think if you look at Pittsburgh's prospects, that's not bad. It feels really good to have an extra 1st too, like REALLY good.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
It feels so good to feel like you 'won' a trade, but PITT is a good team and Zucker will play with two amazing centers. I am happy he gets to. Sad for Carly.

Both teams kind of win, but sadly, there is a loser here. Carly.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Congrats to Wild fans on this, I think this is a really good deal for them. It's pretty much exactly what most Penguins fans and Wild fans speculated the return would be, although Addison is a little surprising (I thought he was off-limits after the WJC he had personally).

It's been a pleasure working with you through all these Zucker to PIT threads

Apr 4, 2015
Minneapolis
The tanking is starting boys! Great to have multiple firsts, reading about Addison and he’s projected to be top 4 D-man.. which makes me think one of our current Top 4 will be gone soonish.

Either way I’m stoked at the direction this team is going now. Time to start losing more.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Addison is interesting given how much Brodin’s/Dumba’s names have been thrown about.

Granted, outside of the depth on the D in Minnesota and a couple pressing in Iowa, not a ton of prospect depth on the back end.

Nevertheless, not a bad haul. Just sad to see Zucker finally go. Was fun watching him develop. Great guy, hope he wins a Cup.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The tanking is starting boys! Great to have multiple firsts, reading about Addison and he’s projected to be top 4 D-man.. which makes me think one of our current Top 4 will be gone soonish.

Either way I’m stoked at the direction this team is going now. Time to start losing more.
Addison might be the best prospect Pittsburgh has so if you can get him you do it... but we do seem pretty damn heavy at RD, now. Not that that's a bad thing.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Well... it was inevitable. Seems like a good return.

Addison was recently marked as Pitt's top prospect in Wheeler's prospect rankings.
Wheeler's 2020 NHL prospect pool rankings: No. 28 Pittsburgh...

Chucky is a UFA at the end of the year.
This was the blurb on Addison.
1. Calen Addison, RHD, 19 (Lethbridge Hurricanes)
By now, you’re probably familiar with the fact that I’m a big Addison fan. When the Penguins took him 53rd overall in 2018, he sat at No. 21 on my final draft board. I’m a fan of his ability to move laterally at the point to create angles for himself to the net. I’m a fan of his willingness to slide off of that position and down the wall to the backdoor. I’m a fan of his four-way skating ability (though I wouldn’t say he’s explosive) and the way he sees holes open before they actually do. More and more, I’m a fan of his improving defensive awareness and his ability to read and react to the play in front of him, instead of playing on raw instincts. There were times in the world juniors when I wanted him to be a little more aggressive on the power play (particularly early on in the tournament) because it looked like he was deferring to is teammates. But he also played exceedingly well, and used his great shot more and more as the tournament progressed. He was very effective at evens, too. I think he has the chance to be a competent second-pairing right-shot defenseman at even strength (he’s never going to be a big minutes guy, but he’ll get by) who can quarterback a power play.

And here's another article on him.
Offence to offence: Penguins prospect Calen Addison...

Apr 4, 2015
Minneapolis
Addison might be the best prospect Pittsburgh has so if you can get him you do it... but we do seem pretty damn heavy at RD, now. Not that that's a bad thing.
Yeah I may be looking to deep into it. We probably just wanted their best prospect which Addison far and away is. Perhaps we trade Brodin a 2C type prospect and a second?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'll be disappointed if we don't try Galchenyuk at center. I don't have a lot of faith that it works out, but if it doesn't, hey we still got the 1st and Addison and that's as good as you can hope for from Pittsburgh.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Win-win trade that helps us build towards the future.

Happy to see Guerin finally convinced Leipold that the Wild aren’t contenders.

Reactions: Lapa, TaLoN and AKL

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Also technically a conditional 1st where Pitt can choose to defer it to next year if they miss the playoffs.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Pens fan and WHL watcher dropping in!

I think you guys did very well here. I’ve had reservations about Addison that still aren’t completely answered, but his fantastic performance at the WJC went a long way to convincing me that my doubts about his ability to handle himself in his own end against strong and speedy forwards and constricting forecheck are misplaced. He’s probably a couple years off, but there’s very real top-4 and PPQB potential there.

It’s worth it for Zucker, but I hate giving up a first in this draft. ~25 means you’re getting a player who would usually go ~15 IMO.

Hopefully you guys can cheer for Zucker to help us get another cup before our window closes! I’ll be cheering for Addison to play a big part in your rebuild.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Pens fan and WHL watcher dropping in!

I think you guys did very well here. I’ve had reservations about Addison that still aren’t completely answered, but his fantastic performance at the WJC went a long way to convincing me that my doubts about his ability to handle himself in his own end against strong and speedy forwards and constricting forecheck are misplaced. He’s probably a couple years off, but there’s very real top-4 and PPQB potential there.

It’s worth it for Zucker, but I hate giving up a first in this draft. ~25 means you’re getting a player who would usually go ~15 IMO.

Hopefully you guys can cheer for Zucker to help us get another cup before our window closes! I’ll be cheering for Addison to play a big part in your rebuild.

Thanks for the input.

You won’t find anyone that has a bad thing to say about Zucker or who wouldn’t root for him to win a Cup or more. Fantastic guy, excited for him.

Reactions: AKL and Dominance

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Zucker will thrive playing alongside either Crosby or Malkin. 40+ goal seasons wouldn't be a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad