Recalled/Assigned: Zucker and Larsson recalled

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
To be honest...didn't pay attention to those other lines. :laugh: How about putting him in Cullen's spot? ;)

Let's mix this mother up.

Note: I'm a little "out of it" tonight, and am ready to rattle this roster. So my apologies for any craziness and illogical thoughts this evening. :)

Nothing is crazy at this point in time with this season and all the ups and downs this tops turvy roster keeps going through while we try and figure it all out.

Sorry, that was my bad... didn't mean to scratch Seto. After I put in the 2nd line it was like the 3rd and 4th were typed in auto pilot.

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Larsson - Granlund - Zucker
Setoguchi - Cullen - Clutterbuck
Rupp - Brodziak - Mitchell

How's that? ;)
I was just thinking I'd like to keep the chemistry of Larsson-Zucker together after my initial thought of Zucker on the 3rd line. As long as Brodziak doesn't find himself anywhere near the top 2 lines again, and I actually think Brodz is playing better too, but he's just not a top 6 guy! :rant:

I like your lines Talon, but for the sake of mixing it up how about the look of

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Zucker-Larsson-Setoguchi
Granlund-Brodziak-Cullen
Rupp/Mitchell-Konopka-Clutterbuck

J22*

Nothing is crazy at this point in time with this season and all the ups and downs this tops turvy roster keeps going through while we try and figure it all out.

I was just thinking I'd like to keep the chemistry of Larsson-Zucker together after my initial thought of Zucker on the 3rd line. As long as Brodziak doesn't find himself anywhere near the top 2 lines again, and I actually think Brodz is playing better too, but he's just not a top 6 guy! :rant:

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Zucker-Larsson-Setoguchi
Granlund-Brodziak-Cullen

I would switch Seto and Cullen. Gives the rookies some help in their own end and gives Granlund somebody worth passing to.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Zucker-Larsson-Setoguchi
Granlund-Brodziak-Cullen

Doesn't make sense to demote Granlund to the 3rd line, when he's been playing better.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'd like to see Larsson in center. He's not as offensive as Granlund but is a solid-two way player and is someone that I could see help Granlund's offensive game if Granlund is on wing.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Somehow I'd like to see either Zuck-Zach or Houston Baby J's (Johan-Jesus-Jason).

In real life, Yeo will likely spread the kids over the lineup.

Yeo, stop dilution! Concentrate!

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I think one of them will be on the 2nd line and the other on 3rd line, with Zucker more likely to be on the 2nd line. I could go for the all-kid line too, but it's probably not gonna happen.

And Suter! Guy can't do anything right!

You're forgetting Koivu. It's all his fault after all, we all know that. Let's fire him too!

When we've fired all the suggested ones, we'll only have a half a roster, but who cares! Let's bring in some guys from the street, it's not like they'll do any worse!

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I'd go with

Pärisee-Koivu-Heater
Zucker-Granlund-Seto
Clutter-Brodz/Larsson
Mitchell-Konopka-Cullen

Aapo

Jan 16, 2011
"Kid line" would be sooo entertaining, but probably not realistic...
Larsson should play center, either second or third line. Zucker could play wing anywhere from first to third.

I'd go with:

Parise - Koivo - Granlund
Seto/Zucker - Larsson - Heatley
Seto/Zucker - Cullen - Brodz
Rupp - Konopka - Clutter/Mitchell

Last edited:

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Zucker needs to be on a line with some people who can play defense, because Zucker can't apparently. Leading scorer on the Aeros but also one of the worst plus/minus as well!

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Zucker needs to be on a line with some people who can play defense, because Zucker can't apparently. Leading scorer on the Aeros but also one of the worst plus/minus as well!

Because +/- is an accurate measure about one's ability in the defensive zone.

He was one of team USA's, Denver's, and now Aero's top PK players for a reason.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Parise - Koivu - Setoguchi
Granlund - Larsson - Heatley
Zucker - Cullen - Clutterbuck
Mitchell - Brodziak - Rupp

Kind of matched lines based on speed and I'd like to see what Seto does on the top line.

Not bad at all. Heatley prefers playing on his off-wing anyway and Seto would be kind of like faster Miettinen who can hit the net.

Of course, it would give the top line a right-handed shot as well. Only issue is how would Heatley react? He played like garbage when he was demoted to the 2nd line for few games. I'm afraid that he will do that grumpy act again...

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Parise - Koivu - Setoguchi
Granlund - Larsson - Heatley
Zucker - Cullen - Clutterbuck
Mitchell - Brodziak - Rupp

Kind of matched lines based on speed and I'd like to see what Seto does on the top line.

I like it!

They're actually balanced well, which means we won't see it...

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
We'll see what the lines are for tonight in a couple hours, but Russo was guessing that Larsson might be on the fourth line, and Granlund on the third.

I'm not trying to start anything by just guessing, but it would be a little weird to bring up Larsson only to have him play on the fourth line, and Granlund has been playing better. Wouldn't be right to demote him a line as no one outside of our top line has outplayed him, except maybe Seto.

We shall see I guess.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Leave Granlund and Seto alone. They have both picked up their game at the same time and are developing some chemistry. Give those two Zucker to play with and cut them loose and let's see what happens.

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
Looks like Larsson is only up for a game or two according to Russo...

Yeah, I don't see where he said that. He did say the line combos where probably going to be for one game only. You could read into it that it MIGHT mean Larsson would only be here for one game, but he definitely doesn't actually say that

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Looks like Larsson is only up for a game or two according to Russo...

I didn't see him explicitly saying that, but it is certainly a possibility. Barring a trade, I doubt all the rookies are going to stay long-term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad