Line Combos: Zuccarello - Brassard - St.Louis

Wolfy*

I really didn't like this line, they couldn't even get out of their own zone, and spent too much time there. And not the best defensive play either, this line makes it harder for our goalie.

But it sounds like AV doesn't want to change anything, hopefully we'll see some chemistry there, he says.

Well lets see how they perform tomorrow, I got a feeling the big Sharks will have our smurf line for lunch.

AHB*

No one liked this line.

It should be broken up. If it's not, then we all better start praying against San Jose.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really didn't like this line, they couldn't even get out of their own zone, and spent too much time there. And not the best defensive play either, this line makes it harder for our goalie.

But it sounds like AV doesn't want to change anything, hopefully we'll see some chemistry there, he says.

Well lets see how they perform tomorrow, I got a feeling the big Sharks will have our smurf line for lunch.

Zucc has gotten a tad cold since back from his injury, Brassard has become ice cold.

I thought it was interesting that Hags and Richards broke through in this game after St Louis was moved off their line. They score a goal right away, and then Richards with a nice play to Hags later in the game. I believe that was Richards first point since the trade.

St Louis did have that sweet pass to Hags that led to a goal, while Winnipeg was pretty much sleeping after their PP.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Zucc has gotten a tad cold since back from his injury, Brassard has become ice cold.

To be fair to Zucc he is playing with a hand he just broke, and Zucc is much better on RW than he is on LW.

On Brassard... what's new about that? ... Guys been a turnover machine again... He's the kind of player you lose with when you count on him.

Maybe MSL can be a role model for Brass... a hard working Frenchman that lays it all out there... but Brass already got his pay day, I just don't see anything that will motivate him other than a hardass of a coach... Brass played his best hockey under Torts and Hitch.

AV might be too nice of a guy to not push any buttons, but the little waifer needs someone to push him.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
To be fair to Zucc he is playing with a hand he just broke, and Zucc is much better on RW than he is on LW.

On Brassard... what's new about that? ... Guys been a turnover machine again... He's the kind of player you lose with when you count on him.

Maybe MSL can be a role model for Brass... a hard working Frenchman that lays it all out there... but Brass already got his pay day, I just don't see anything that will motivate him other than a hardass of a coach... Brass played his best hockey under Torts and Hitch.

AV might be too nice of a guy to not push any buttons, but the little waifer needs someone to push him.

Zucc could be flat the rest of the season, and he would still be coming out of an amazing season.

Brass is going to want a pay day next season. 4 Million plus. Should be interesting what happens with that.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Zucc could be flat the rest of the season, and he would still be coming out of an amazing season.

Brass is going to want a pay day next season. 4 Million plus. Should be interesting what happens with that.

I'd trade Brassard and Dorsett to Ottawa for Zibanejad and a contract like Greening/Smith/Methot.. whoever Ottawa wants to unload as Ottawa is a money in, money out team and not a cap team.

Ottawa likes both Brass and Dorsett. Brass is a hometown guy over there, and they really like Dorsett, while they have soured on their no name bottom liners that are a little overpaid... and Zibby showed up out of shape a couple of camps and really ticked off the management staff. They had him penciled in their top 6 for the last two seasons and he hasn't cracked it.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd trade Brassard and Dorsett to Ottawa for Zibanejad and a contract like Greening/Smith/Methot.. whoever Ottawa wants to unload as Ottawa is a money in, money out team and not a cap team.

Ottawa likes both Brass and Dorsett. Brass is a hometown guy over there, and they really like Dorsett, while they have soured on their no name bottom liners that are a little overpaid... and Zibby showed up out of shape a couple of camps and really ticked off the management staff. They had him penciled in their top 6 for the last two seasons and he hasn't cracked it.

I think Brassard being re-signed will depend a lot on Richards fate here, imo. This summer is going to be nuts but fun to monitor. They have a lot of UFA/RFA to still deal with.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I think Brassard being re-signed will depend a lot on Richards fate here, imo. This summer is going to be nuts but fun to monitor. They have a lot of UFA/RFA to still deal with.

I don't think any team with Brassard as the 2nd line center is going to be a playoff team... we shall see... I am expecting Miller-Fast coming up as a center-right wing combo... but it will be very interesting to see what they do.

My gut tells me Richards stays and Brassard gets moved. There aren't a lot of centers available.. at least not without taking a bad contract... There's Derek Roy perhaps on a show me contract as ufa.. otherwise the Rangers will have to trade for a center

Either way I am expecting a series of successive aneurysms on this board.

Wolfy*

No one liked this line.

It should be broken up. If it's not, then we all better start praying against San Jose.

Yeah, I don't understand what AV is thinking about.

And how on earth did the two smallest players in the league end up on the same line? :laugh:

That being said, maybe we should give them another chance, I guess the idea is to find out where MSL belongs.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If we dont buy out Richards this summer I'll kill myself.

It would be pretty F'd up if they don't buy out Richards since they would be stuck with him for 6 more years since he has a full NTC. Richards is a shell of himself now, had an awful year last year, started off strong this season but has been playing like last season as of late. Imagine in another 3 or 4 years?

Oh and he makes more than double of what Stepan makes, and they have the same amount of points in the same amount of GP. Plus these are not even top line center numbers, unless you are playing for the Florida Panthers.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Flip Nash and St. Louis.

Kreider-Stepan-St. Louis
Zuccarello-Brassard-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-Pouliot
Carcillo-Moore-Boyle

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Flip Nash and St. Louis.

Kreider-Stepan-St. Louis
Zuccarello-Brassard-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-Pouliot
Carcillo-Moore-Boyle

I like Richards with Hagelin. And AV needs to keep Stepan and Kreider to gether, they have some decent chemistry (even though it's more of a one-trick pony: Stepan off the boards to a full-speed Kreider semi-breakaway. But hey, it works.)

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
The sharks will absolutely tare apart this line if we put it out there tomorrow, ALL pun intended, it will not be pretty.

Expecting lots of turnovers from Moore, Stralman and Brassard given the size/speed quotient of the sharks and the way they fore check.

Should be a revenge game against SJ seeing how the Stuart headshot to Nash did for the Rangers early this season. We already know how soft this team is, but if no one does anything against Stuart, I will be really disappointed.

Doesn't have to be a fight, just every check on Stuart better be finished. Brian Boyle is going to step up, he's that sort of teammate, hopefully some of the other guys do too.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Stuart is injured and won't be in the line-up tomorrow Mikos, even though we have nobody to fight him, I also would like to see some extra physicality in tomorrow's game. We tend to do well in afternoon games, so here's hoping, but I'm still feeling a loss, no matter who's in net.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Stuart is injured and won't be in the line-up tomorrow Mikos, even though we have nobody to fight him, I also would like to see some extra physicality in tomorrow's game. We tend to do well in afternoon games, so here's hoping, but I'm still feeling a loss, no matter who's in net.

That's a shame, hoping for some hard high hits on Vlasic. He's their anchor on D. Thinking a loss on my end as well... but last night was St. Paddy's and a Saturday night in NYC, maybe the Sharks players were out last night/afternoon before a Sunday afternoon game...

All things being equal I too am thinking a loss, the Rangers just don't match up against a team like this. 3 lines deep, size/speed/toughness and a hard forechecking game means one turnover after another for the Rangers.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
So why the hell don´t AV bring bak the best line we have seen this season, Zuccarello-Stepan-Kreider?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad