Line Combos: Zuccarello - Brassard - St.Louis

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

We already tried Hagelin and MSL for 5 games. It was not pretty

Yes it was not pretty because Richards SUCKS.

Hagelin and MSL do have some chemistry. MSL assisted on one of Hagelin"s goals against Jets. They communicate a lot when on the ice together.

But again any line combo is better than Zucc and MSL

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I think this line has looked better every game they played. The poor defensively argument is overblown due to the defense in general looking like **** as of late. If this line could get some chemistry it would be their best offensive threat hands down.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

I think this line has looked better every game they played. The poor defensively argument is overblown due to the defense in general looking like **** as of late. If this line could get some chemistry it would be their best offensive threat hands down.

I disagree completely.

To me this line has looked worst each game.

Here are all the possible and likely consequences of continuing this experiment:
1. At least 1 of MZ or MSL will get injured. Every time I see them plastered against the boards, I cringe. When MSL played in Tampa he always had a guy like Killorn on the other wing to do the dirty work. While MSL and MZ are both tough, at 5'8 they are just not meant to be the ones digging for pucks every shift!

2. Defensively this line will never be great against any lines with size. Period.

3. This line will never develop great chemistry because they don't get enough offensive zone time (too small). You need to get some sustained pressure offensively in order to develop chemistry and start making some passing plays. That's just a fact.

I get what AV was thinking here. Put your most creative guys together and see what happens. It was worth a try. But when MSL has 3 assists in 8 games, its time to stop the madness.

Last edited:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I disagree completely.

To me this line has looked worst each game.

Here are all the possible and likely consequences of continuing this experiment:
1. At least 1 of MZ or MSL will get injured. Every time I see them plastered against the boards, I cringe. When MSL played in Tampa he always had a guy like Killorn on the other wing to do the dirty work. While MSL and MZ are both tough, at 5'8 they are just not meant to be the ones digging for pucks every shift!

2. Defensively this line will never be great against any lines with size. Period.

3. This line will never develop great chemistry because they don't get enough offensive zone time (too small). You need to get some sustained pressure offensively in order to develop chemistry and start making some passing plays. That's just a fact.

I get what AV was thinking here. Put your most creative guys together and see what happens. It was worth a try. But when MSL has 3 assists in 8 games, its time to stop the madness.

Agree to disagree.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I thought this line looked good the other day. It seems whenever Zucc's line changes people call the new one a disaster. When the brass and Pouliot line was made everyone hates it. Give it time and I think this line will do well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad