Rumor: Zadorov on the trade block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Pros - Throws big hits, skates well, is big

Cons - Handles puck like a grenade, no awareness of surroundings
He actually handles the puck pretty well and has sound defensive awareness. He hits and moves freakishly well. Especially for his size.

He makes incredible plays that hints at an enormous ceiling. Then makes these bizarre terrible decisions.

All that said, I don't want to move him. Not at all. I'll live with the blunders. We are marshmallow soft without him. We used to be a tough team. Bennett, Tkachuk, Gudbransson and Lucic are gone. He's our only sandpaper left. Also silly as it sounds with a 27 year old I think there is still more potential there.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Jokiharju and Buffalo's 3rd in 2024.
Can't see Conroy turning that down if the Sabres actually offered it

We'll give you Byfield.

Easy no from Conroy. Flames aren't rebuilding; they want to win now

The Kings would have to offer up Moverare or Paquette-Bisson to get Conroy's attention. And then add a 5th to make it happen.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Jokiharju and Buffalo's 3rd in 2024.

I'm don't know that Jokiharju is worse if they're both playing 20+ minutes (or any minutes, really) in Granato's completely unstructured "system". Though Zad does go smash, and that adds its own entertainment value compared with Joker's complete lack of any noteworthy traits.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm don't know that Jokiharju is worse if they're both playing 20+ minutes (or any minutes, really) in Granato's completely unstructured "system". Though Zad does go smash, and that adds its own entertainment value.

This is purely for the chaos of it. It makes no sense and it doesn't address the top four, but it does push Stillman to 7 and Bryson/Clague out IF they were to also find a top 4 guy too.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
If this is true I sure hope Conroy had buy in from owners before starting down this road.

Judging by the Toffoli deal it could be a very rocky road indeed.

(I don't disagree with what he's doing - it just seems new for the organization)

Reactions: Gurglesons

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Zadorov had a great season. Look at his fancies with Weegar in a top 4 role when Tanev went down. He also made AHL players look like capable 3rd pair D all season.

He made Gudbranson a rich man the year before.

He’s right there with Trouba in terms of physicality

He should return a first at the deadline but we’ll probably trade him for a 3rd and a nobody

Last edited:
Reactions: Double Dion

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He’s not a guy you want in your top-4 if you are shooting for playoffs.
I thi
Zadorov had a great season. Look at his fancies with Weegar in a top 4 role when Tanev went down. He also made AHL players look like capable 3rd pair D all season.

He made Gudbranson a rich man the year before.

He’s right there with Trouba in terms of physicality’s

He should return a first at the deadline but we’ll probably trade him for a 3rd and a nobody
The thing with Z is how much he has improved over the last 2 seasons. He didn't look like an NHLer when he arrived in Calgary. I'd call him a physical #4 guy now. I don't want to move him unless his contract demands are large. If they are then trade him at the TDL.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Glad they aren't playing games. Either sign July 1st or you're gone.

Someone's gonna put him as a #3 and it likely won't be fair to him. Perfect #5 imo.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Glad they aren't playing games. Either sign July 1st or you're gone.

Someone's gonna put him as a #3 and it likely won't be fair to him. Perfect #5 imo.
I think he's a 4 now on most teams. He didn't look out of place there for us when he played there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad