Movies: Zack Snyder’s Director’s Cut of Justice League drops March 18th 2021

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Huge improvement over Josstice League... not a perfect film, but I'd love to see Snyder continue the story - looks like it could go in an interesting, albeit really weird direction...

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Could have been two and a half hours and just as good. Better than the original. Enjoyed the Cyborg and Flash backstories. The last two scenes were not needed at all. Leto’s Joker is an exercise in him trying too hard. Won’t say I’m upset I watched it. Will never watch it again. 6/10. 4:3 format was stupid as hell.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Could have been two and a half hours and just as good. Better than the original. Enjoyed the Cyborg and Flash backstories. The last two scenes were not needed at all. Leto’s Joker is an exercise in him trying too hard. Won’t say I’m upset I watched it. Will never watch it again. 6/10. 4:3 format was stupid as hell.

Same here. No regrets watching it. The Age Of Heroes part or segment was something I would have definitely kept in hte original. Though it did presenta plothole. When Darkseid strikes the ground, the Anti Life Equation is visible on the surface. Why did he forget it and the planet in general for ages?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Got through about an hour and half then turned it off. Just not for me. And why the f*** would they use a 4:3 format?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
As much as people are complaining about the 4:3 format I can't say as it really bothered me. I don't think I even noticed after the first few minutes.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
As much as people are complaining about the 4:3 format I can't say as it really bothered me. I don't think I even noticed after the first few minutes.

I finished Act 1, and didn’t notice it after the first minute, either. Weird decision but didn’t really affect me

Reactions: The Shadow

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
That Barry Allen monologue near the end was one of the cringiest things I've seen on film this decade. Some really poor editing in this film as well which is why scenes are supposed to be deleted. I liked the action scenes mostly but they feel below the standard, bring on the Robert Pattinson Batman it has to be better than this.

What monologue?

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
What monologue?

This from around 1:10 onwards. Make your own future lmao.

This film feels like it was written by men in their 40s who didn't fully grow up and just thought superhero films are about cool effects and it results in everything outside of the special effects being 15 years outdated.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto

This film feels like it was written by men in their 40s who didn't fully grow up and just thought superhero films are about cool effects and it results in everything outside of the special effects being 15 years outdated.

A monologue is now a couple of sentences? This is also a pivotal scene showing that the Flash can time travel, which up until now wasn't conveyed in the DCEU.

Reactions: PB37 and Jussi

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

What's wrong with it? He's repeating the advice his father gave him earlier in the movie, plus it lays down an important piece of context groundwork for the Flashpoint inspired Flash movie coming up. In Flashpoint, he recklessly changes the past for his own reasons without fully considering potential consequences ( " Make your own future, make your own past " ).

Reactions: jasonleaffan

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The alternate " we live in a society " scene. I actually prefer this version... Leto absolutely nails it.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Huge improvement over Josstice League... not a perfect film, but I'd love to see Snyder continue the story - looks like it could go in an interesting, albeit really weird direction...

Pretty much what I thought as well.

Sep 19, 2008
He had his true vision with Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman. They were both awful too.
I finished watching MoS today. Man of Steel was flat out awful. First Snyder film I saw was BvS which was also awful.

I am thankful Man of Steel was not 4 hours though. All the flashbacks over 4 hours would be terrible. Event happens in present time (random flashback) event goes back to present day

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Preface by saying I don't particularly like most Comic movies, but I saw this mostly as a curio. How often do you see a 4 hour re-cut by a director that had to quit? Never.

It wasn't bad. I liked the first half better than the second. With the exception of the Superman parts which I thought were very well done and it's HARD to get Superman right but I think this movie does.

I did not like the epilogue at all, thought it was a waste of time.

I may have to watch Man of Steel, with how much I liked the Superman portrayal.

I didn't mind the 4:3 so much but all the weird character close ups were off-putting and 4:3 didn't help that one bit. The movie has this srs business tone but then has close ups and music sequences like a Saturday morning cartoon.

I don't mind a bit of camp as levity, or full on camp even. But the weird tension between the Marvelness of most of the fight sequences and the much more serious non-fight sequences really did not work for the feel of the movie and let it down.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I finally watched this. It was better than the Whedon version, which I only saw once, and though it was meh at best. It was just way way too long. Could have done without the 30 minute opening credits and literally almost everything in slow motion.

Of the current DCEU movies it's in the Top 5. Probably in that Bird of Prey/Shazam tier, but not quite on the level of WW1 and Aquaman.

Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad