Rumor: Zacha agrees to terms w/ Avangard (KHL) (not officially announced yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Pavel Zacha has already demonstrated he can put up over 20 points while leading the pk and being defensively sound. That’s not a nothing player....

Well actually that pretty much is the definition of a nothing player. A team doesn't let a not nothing player bolt to a different league.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Seems kind of ironic that Pavel Zacha has Patrik Stefan as an agent. Trust that guy to guide your career into the waste bin.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
He can put up 20 points while killing penalties and being ok defensively?

Him and every other 4th liner in hockey.
The difference between him and every 4th liner is Zacha has the talent to be in the top 6. Maybe he needs a change of scenery to flourish but he needs to grab the bull by the horns the next opportunity he gets. He is very skilled but his biggest issue is he plays the game too passively. He plays like he doesn’t want to make a mistake or turnover so he doesn’t try to really create much... but we have witnessed glimpses of finesse. The best players in the league make tons of turnovers every game by trying to create offense.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
If he wasn't drafted 6th overall, this wouldn't even get a thread outside of the Jersey board.

Nothing player.

That’s not fair. He’s a solid bottom sixer. The word “nothing” is appropriate in the sense he’s nothing special. But he’s not a nothing player. He can contribute to a NHL team.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That’s not fair. He’s a solid bottom sixer. The word “nothing” is appropriate in the sense he’s nothing special. But he’s not a nothing player. He can contribute to a NHL team.
A player who "can contribute" is a nothing player. Most professional players can contribute.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
According to Twitter, Ray Shero had a profanity laced interview about Zacha signing in the KHL.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
If he wasn't drafted 6th overall, this wouldn't even get a thread outside of the Jersey board.

Nothing player.

Yet here you are going on and on to tell us all what a nothing player he is.

Some guys take longer to develop. Couturier is the extreme example, as he was also a top 10 pick that didn't bust out until his 24/25 year old season, more than doubling his scoring rate from his first 6 seasons over the past two years.

Zacha is still just 22 and ended last season on a high note scoring at a 55 point pace over the final 30 games.

To just write him off and assume he maxed out at 21 is just idiotic.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Some guys take longer to develop. Couturier is the extreme example, as he was also a top 10 pick that didn't bust out until his 24/25 year old season, more than doubling his scoring rate from his first 6 seasons over the past two years.

Zacha is still just 22 and ended last season on a high note scoring at a 55 point pace over the final 30 games.

Who's going on and on? I made a post on a hockey forum. I have over 96,000 of them.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
like literally?

not health, wealth, good life, pray for the children, etc

but you pray to the Almighty GOD, every single day mind you, over the fact that the DEVILS drafted Zacha? lol

priorities man

This man does not understand Philadelphia.

There are probably more pictures of Nick Foles hanging up above peoples dinner tables in Philly than there are of Jesus

Reactions: aufheben

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
This would be terrible without the lotto wins, for sure. But it's not very depressing when you have Nico and Hughes down the middle and Gusev, Bratt, Boqvist and who knows who else on the wings. Every single one of them brings more than Zacha.
Someone will have to replace Zajac soon. PZ fits that mold. Stupid move by him, he had no real leverage, thinks he gets more now, he's nuts! Shero will win some how some way

Reactions: Oneiro

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Someone will have to replace Zajac soon. PZ fits that mold. Stupid move by him, he had no real leverage, thinks he gets more now, he's nuts! Shero will win some how some way

Yeah, man, I dread the day when No. 19 is no longer a Devil. I'm no fan of McLeod but if PZ is gone, then you have to hope for the best. Or maybe Coleman takes the 3C spot and you have Anderson/Wood on the wings. There are options without Zacha, but despite my criticism, we're a better team with him on the roster.

Reactions: ThePrideofStockholm

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Imo the big deal here is that an NHL would do such a thing. Not really the biggest worry for devils, a lot of discussions of moving him anyway. Just sad to see him trying to take the offensive this way.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Couturier's offense came recently but he's always been a very good player.

Reactions: Rebels57

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
So I'm 100% speculating but I wonder if/how Zacha's dad is involved in all this?
He seemed like one of those over-ambitious parents who do more harm than good to their kids. Always talked Zacha up and pretty much allienated the whole Czech hockey by criticizing everyone and anyone (coaches, the whole system, evil-guys-not-appreciating-my future-superstar-boy-enough). Even if some of that was justified it definitely didn't make Zacha any friends.
Is his dad bitching to him about the Devils stiffling his glorious career? Could Zacha just be burned out from the pressure? Or maybe he thinks daddy dearest is right and he really is being under-appreciated.
What do I know; but the guy was a pain in the ass when the kid was a teenager, doesn't seem like a huge stretch he'd be a part of this mess now just a few years later.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
His career has been an extreme disappointment compared to his draft peers but it did seem he was rounding the corner into a really solid piece (albeit probably not a core one) for the Devils by the end of last season.

I was incredibly high on this guy.
I thought NJ was getting a steal on this guy @ 6th overall.
Totally bought into him being the real deal.
Turns out he should have gone 18th-20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad