Zach "the awesome player" Hyman

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Great f***ing play, yeah I'll stick the goalie just for fun, it's not like in the era of replay decisions this could come back to bite us in anyway..

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
*cross posted from the PGT.

I am SICK and TIREd of this PLUG Hyman being stabled to Matthews at the hip. As if Matthews can't get the puck himself, as if puck retrieval is the only important skill for one of his wingers to have.

Why not try Brown, Soshnikov, Marleau, hell even Komarov instead. They all have more finish than this IQ deficient garbage player.

Ok ok, so he's a 3rd liner, that isn't even trusted enough with the puck to play on the PP, but he has to play with our franchise C all of the time?

I understand wanting to ice 4 potentially threatening lines, but this guy is a bottom 6 forward, and it's really ticking me off. There are better solutions on this roster right now, watching Matthews and Marner was orgasmic. He's literally killing plays for Matthews, I've noticed two tonight in the first period alone.

I know this is a hot-take, just let me get it off my chest.
Matt Martin was actually at his left wing and Matthews scored 2 goals in a period.

Reactions: The Rat King

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Not upset at the loss, 6 game win streak was nice but it's pretty obvious that the Hyman-Matthews thing needs to not be a thing moving forward...
Oh it's going to be a thing - it's going to be a thing for a very, very long time.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
How about we look at the 5v5 pts/60 for the 4 Leaf left wingers prior to tonight's game for a little perspective.

Patty Marleau 2.54
Matt Martin 2.53
JVR 2.34
Zach Hyman 2.25

Let's look at those numbers very closely. Does anything jump out at you other than at even strength most are completely interchangeable, except one just floats at centre ice and bleeds goals against while the other 3 have very specific roles that they play to near perfection??

Oh and for those wanting Leivo or someone else in there for Martin......LOL.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Here we go - more moronic comments from the brain trust in Leaf Nation.
It's moronic to think that Hyman isn't a first line winger?!! Oh man Babcock has you drinking some of the strongest koolaid on the board it seems. Even the highest advocates for Hyman can agree he's with Matthews for chemistry reasons not becuase he's a true top winger.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
It must be an awfully large herd then because these threads don't seem to stop.
And yet here you are in thread. Im honestly shocked by the superiority complex some people have on this board. It's a discussion board and yet some people can't handle other opinions. I would understand if the board was riddled with 16 year olds, but we had a post your age thread a while ago and was shocked by some of the ages.

I here my generation is supposed to be soft with little babies, but HFboards has taught me that the older generation is also riddled with people who can't bare to here an ooinion that opposes theirs. Sad.

Reactions: Garthinater

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I here my generation is supposed to be soft with little babies, but HFboards has taught me that the older generation is also riddled with people who can't bare to here an ooinion that opposes theirs. Sad.
Re.. f***ing.. tweet. (wonder if the tweeter words triggers them)

Rojac is the epitome of this in a poster. Calls every discussion pointless/stupid if it's not something he agrees on. Don't think they've fully understood the internet tbh.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
And yet here you are in thread. Im honestly shocked by the superiority complex some people have on this board. It's a discussion board and yet some people can't handle other opinions. I would understand if the board was riddled with 16 year olds, but we had a post your age thread a while ago and was shocked by some of the ages.

I think after every loss we should make a thread complaining about Hyman. Because Hyman is clearly the problem. (which he's not, btw...I'm very obviously being sarcastic).

Hyman is a worker bee. He puts in 110% each shift. Bab's rewards him by giving him first line minutes to show everyone else that you need to work to be rewarded. And like it or not he has a chemistry with Matthews and Nylander now because of the stablility of Babcock and his lines.

This was true at the beginning of the year. It's still true now at the 20 game mark. It will be true again by mid season, by end of season...and through to the playoffs. Because Hyman won't stop putting in 110 percent effort.

If you were to ask Matthews if he's happy he is playing with Hyman and what Hyman brings to the table, he would say yes to both. And he wouldn't be saying it to be polite.

The Leafs will lose again before the season is over. It won't be because of Hyman. These discussions are tired and misguided. Their are many reasons why we lost last night. And you can fault Matthews flat play much more than you can fault Hyman's.

Discuss that.

Reactions: Rogie

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I think after every loss we should make a thread complaining about Hyman. Because Hyman is clearly the problem. (which he's not, btw...I'm very obviously being sarcastic).

Hyman is a worker bee. He puts in 110% each shift. Bab's rewards him by giving him first line minutes to show everyone else that you need to work to be rewarded. And like it or not he has a chemistry with Matthews and Nylander now because of the stablility of Babcock and his lines.

This was true at the beginning of the year. It's still true now at the 20 game mark. It will be true again by mid season, by end of season...and through to the playoffs. Because Hyman won't stop putting in 110 percent effort.

If you were to ask Matthews if he's happy he is playing with Hyman and what Hyman brings to the table, he would say yes to both. And he wouldn't be saying it to be polite.

The Leafs will lose again before the season is over. It won't be because of Hyman. These discussions are tired and misguided. Their are many reasons why we lost last night. And you can fault Matthews flat play much more than you can fault Hyman's.

Discuss that.
I'll give you Matthews but I disagree with Nylander. It's really apparent on some shifts, but Nylander rarely ever actually thinks about passing the puck to Hyman. It's more of a Nylander problem than a Hyman problem though, but ya lol

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I'll give you Matthews but I disagree with Nylander. It's really apparent on some shifts, but Nylander rarely ever actually thinks about passing the puck to Hyman. It's more of a Nylander problem than a Hyman problem though, but ya lol

Nylander's job is to create offense. We had very little sustained pressure through out this entire game.

Part of that's on Nylander. I watched him stay mostly outside on the perimeter.

(I'm essentially faulting the whole team's compete level...as once again when faced with a mediocre opponent they came out with little jump and were taken to school)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Jesus Christ. Does this need it's own thread? It's being discussed in the PGT, and Hyman also has a thread you could bump already active. The dramatics of some posters on this board is insane.
Diva's rule this board now.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Well, Hyman's not a 3rd or 4th liner (imo) and so, he's fine where he is.

He looked great with Marleau and (was it Brown) in that one game.

He has much more offensive skill than he is given credit for on here! Way way way more.

When an offensive superstar like Matthews or Nylander whiff on a shot, if they bobble a pass, if they lose the puck and turn it over - AND THEY DO - it's no biggie.

If a superstar has nearly a gaping net and he shoots it high - NO BIGGIE!

Hyman does is ONCE and that's all some people see - jmo.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
All I see in this thread is a bunch of appeal to authority leaf fans.

I wonder if these people also belittled other posters when they called out dumb decisions of Carlyle or Wilson?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hyman and Matthews have likely along with Brown been the Leafs 3 most consistent forwards this year, game in and game out.

At present Nylander is the one putting the drag on the top line and thus Babcock replaces him with Marner to help it offensively.

Hyman -- Matthews - Marner would be better it appears as more effective at present.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad