Injury Report: Zach Parise (Jan 23: Playing Tonight!)

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Great. They should've just put him on IR when he was first injured, have the foot heal up properly. I know he insisted he can play, but I wonder what the docs had to say about it.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Between this and the number of times we've let concussed guys come back too early, I am starting to question the wisdom of the teams training staff. Would not hurt to be just a tad more careful I think.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Some things you just can't walk off, this was an injury that should have been addressed long ago by letting him rest, but because our team was playing like **** we needed to push Parise, **** Yeo

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Some things you just can't walk off, this was an injury that should have been addressed long ago by letting him rest, but because our team was playing like **** we needed to push Parise, **** Yeo

You are going to blame Yeo for Parise pushing to play and trying to tough it out? Honestly, the head coach is not to blame for everything bad that happens...

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Coach wouldnt overrule the decision from the medical staff.

When a player isn't producing up to par maybe you do
Btw not blaming Parise here, he tried his best, but he might have done more harm in the process

Last edited:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Come on now, we all knew he was not even close to 100%, let alone eve 75% when he came back the first time. Zach is a warrior, but with Hindsight the way it is, I don't think him being out would have changed anything. Now Yeo will just use it as a catalyst to get other guys moving.

Big C

May 13, 2012
Btw not blaming Parise here, he tried his best, but he might have done more harm in the process
Wouldnt blame Yeo either. The blame is solely on the medical staff that cleared him for ice.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I applaud him for trying to come back early, but if he was making it worse, he should have stopped playing earlier to heal up. No sense in playing at 50-75% for the season rather than taking a couple weeks off and coming back at 80-90%.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I applaud him for trying to come back early, but if he was making it worse, he should have stopped playing earlier to heal up. No sense in playing at 50-75% for the season rather than taking a couple weeks off and coming back at 80-90%.

At that time we were on a roll too though, no one really saw us taking a dump to the extreme that we did.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Its easy to be a wiseass after something like thise happens, but this is so annoying i cant even describe it..

Anyway, get well Zach..

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

I thought they had diagnosed it as a contusion and that it would hurt like crazy but he wouldn't damage it further by playing on it?

Must've just really slowed down the healing process.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003

Parise should be blamed for trying to push through it if it wasn't ready. And also, just because he isn't producing doesn't mean he should be sat. If it was an attitude thing then maybe, but no coach in his right mind is sitting one of his major offensive weapons because he is slumping a bit. Yeo is not at fault for this no matter how much you want him to be.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Between this and the number of times we've let concussed guys come back too early, I am starting to question the wisdom of the teams training staff. Would not hurt to be just a tad more careful I think.

I'm starting to think about the medical staff in this way too. Maybe the Wild should do some recruiting from the Mayo clinic.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
So how long could he be out? My trip to St. Paul is for the January 11th game against Colorado. Could he be back by then?

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Per Russo: Zach Parise placed on IR

If this team wasn't ****** already, we're very screwed now.

Bye Bye Yeo

Last edited by a moderator:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Per Russo: Zach Parise placed on IR

If this team wasn't ****** already, we're very screwed now.

Bye Bye Yeo

If he's going to be out more than a few days, it makes perfect sense to place him on IR. Nothing catastrophic about it.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
didnt Russo confirm today that Parise was walking around with regular shoes and no obvious limp? if so, i think this is just a 2-4 game injury & this is just a way to free up a spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad