Injury Report: Zach Parise (Jan 23: Playing Tonight!)

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
"You can hurt some of the bees all of the time and all of the bees some of the time, but when they get hopped up on tiger blood and take the shape of a Wolverine, I don't know. He doesn't have a ballsack, he has a pucksack. And instead of shrinking it, ice only makes it fuller." -- Gandhi paraphrasing Clint Eastwood

countrygentleman

The Kaptain Says ARR
Jan 14, 2010
Minnesota
Parise is a true leader. Team needs him for this stretch and he'll be there sooner than later. I cannot imagine Koivu ever doing something similar.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
If you watch the replay again, you can just barely make out Koivu knocking little kids to the ice as he dives out of the way of the puck that then hits Parise.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Thank God it's not broken. He should take the time he needs to feel comfortable again, but he'll probably be back soon anyway.

If you watch the replay again, you can just barely make out Koivu knocking little kids to the ice as he dives out of the way of the puck that then hits Parise.

I think I saw Koivu skin a puppy while getting a drink on the bench.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
:laugh: Even before reading the last sentence I knew how that was going to end.

You can ignore all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can never ignore a specific person at all due to responses from other people:(

Did Koivu like drop a house on that guys mom? I just don't get the irrational hate.

He could at least ***** about Koivu after he gets the GWG in multiple games, at least be consistent FFS.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I think I saw Koivu skin a puppy while getting a drink on the bench.

His heart is as black as the fourth line is slow. Do you know what he was drinking? The tears of the child who owned the puppy. Only fresh tears will do for Mikko Koivu.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

Betamax*

Betamax:

Haven't found a YT video, but...

Parise injury GIF: http://cjzero.com/gifs/PariseBlockSteenShotFoot.gif

From here:
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/405240442888802305

Are you sure it was tears? Looked like blood to me. I don't know if it was the child's or the dog's.

Thank you for taking the time and looking it up! After asking the question, I investigated the incident via a search and finally found the video and the accompanying story:

Source: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=693305

Video:

[NHL]495032[/NHL]

I'm curious to your opinions on what you think the value of shot blocking is to the overall success to team versus potential for injury. How much utility does shot blocking provide?

In other words, do you think in general -- shot blocking and specifically, a player or Parise's importance to the team's overall success -- should he have tried to block a shot in that particular instance (and risk injury) or would you have preferred that he just let the puck past him and give his goalie a clear look at the shot from the point and likely save it with his well protected equipment he has on?

651*

I think it's definitely nice to have a team that tends to block a lot of shots.

How so many of them can take 90+MPH slappers off their ankles though without injury has always boggled my mind.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
You're a mean one, Mr. Koivu.
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel.
Mr. Koivu.

You're a monster, Mr. Koivu.
Your heart's an empty hole.
Your brain is full of spiders,
You've got garlic in your soul.
Mr. Koivu.

Ad

Upcoming events