Zach Hyman vs Michael Bunting

Who do you take Hyman or Bunting

• Total voters

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Is the sample size enough? Who do you take right now going forward? Is the difference in cap worth the risk or do you take the proven asset?

Hyman age 29
16 goals
30 points
42 GP
58 point pace
5.5 AAV

Bunting age 26

16 goals
33 points
47 GP
57 point pace
950k AAV

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Remove contracts and this poll is way more closer.
Of course it is. Hyman is a good player. Maybe even the better player. But the Leafs lucked out with Bunting and his contract. I don't think anyone expected these results, including Bunting.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I mean this isn't even close when you consider contracts. Hymans a good player but 6 more years for a grinder at his age isn't gonna end well
Yeah that’s a complete anomaly of a contract and trumps the rest. Give me either love what both players bring.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
It’s easily Bunting. He’s a bigger pest, better offensive tools, and his contract makes this a no brainer.

He’s made us forget all about Hyman.

Reactions: Voight

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
It’s easily Bunting. He’s a bigger pest, better offensive tools, and his contract makes this a no brainer.

He’s made us forget all about Hyman.

Bunting performing well doesn't take anything away from Hyman and what he's accomplished or the style of player he is.

As a Leaf fan, I haven't forgotten about Hyman and would welcome him back in a heartbeat. Unfortunately he just priced himself out of what the Leafs could afford.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Bunting…. Out of curiosity i know bunting is signed for 1 more year…. Will leafs even be able to resign him?

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Of course it is. Hyman is a good player. Maybe even the better player. But the Leafs lucked out with Bunting and his contract. I don't think anyone expected these results, including Bunting.

Lucked out? I'm pretty sure Dubas MEANT for Bunting to do well when he went out and signed him to that cheap 2 year contract, and with the intention of playing him with Matthews & Marner all the time.......or even Tavares & Nylander. Not a lot of "luck" involved.

Reactions: Lauro

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Hyman is the better player but this is Bunting easily.
Age, contact and just less miles on his body. I love Hyman but he has already had a couple knee injuries. That contract won’t age well.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Bunting…. Out of curiosity i know bunting is signed for 1 more year…. Will leafs even be able to resign him?
Kerfoot, Holl, and Ritchie (if he isn't moved) are all coming off the books so probably if they wanted to but decent chance that Robertson, Amirov and Knies could all be pushing for a roster spot by then anyways.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad