Rumor: Zach Hyman to NYR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
If he wanted something fair he would have already been inked.

A lot of the early rumors said he was coming in around 6M for 7 years which is a yikes

ya i kept thinking someone is gonna give him a 7x7 type gross deal

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Aren’t they like already very winger heavy?

Blowing $9-10m on character wingers when the flexibility could be flexed into a star Center, I just don’t get it.

Offersheeting Elias Pettersson makes 100x more sense at the necessary salary and seasons of the asset you’d be buying.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
giphy.gif

Reactions: McDoused

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Something tells me the same thing. If he were willing to sign for a good price then I don't know why we wouldn't do that with Toronto where he spends most of his time with Matthews, Marner, Tavares, and Nylander.

He's leaving for the money, make no mistake.
You're on a roll.

The Hyman family is nothing if not interested in money. The myth about Zach taking a "home-town discount" for the Leafs is nothing but an urban legend. Maybe in another lifetime, in another universe.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Aren’t they like already very winger heavy?

Blowing $9-10m on character wingers when the flexibility could be flexed into a star Center, I just don’t get it.

Offersheeting Elias Pettersson makes 100x more sense at the necessary salary and seasons of the asset you’d be buying.

Plus they already have Kreider. Like, short-term I get it with all their ELCs. But in two years when they're paying three 30+ wingers with similar skillsets 15-16 million is when it gets dicey. Plus all the potential ELC bonus overages.

Reactions: 4Twenty

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I still think Vancouver is the leaning favorite for Zach Hyman. It makes too much sense that he would max his earning potential with a basement-dwelling club.
Vancouver sucked last season and you obviously hate them, maybe we bitch slapped your team but this past season saw them play 39 games in 48 days, 19 to start without any practises, 20 after Covid with at least 7-9 regulars out including our best for 30 games.
Regardless Benning isn't willing to go anywhere near the term so no he won't be a Nuck.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That is NOT what Friedman said about Hyman. Marek asked Friedman if Hyman was looking at the Josh Anderson contract (5.5x7) and Friedman said look at what Goodrow got from the Rangers, I think Hyman will at least get the Anderson contract if not more. He listed the Rangers as an interested team but said after acquiring Goodrow that they're unlikely.

He specifically linked Nashville to Hyman by name. Not sure what this account was listening to to post this, but that's definitely not what Friedman said on the pod.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Starting to wonder if the rumours are coming from his agent to create a bidding war...
You're catching on.

Look at me . . . I'm leaving! I'm really, really leaving!! Everybody wants me for more money!!!

Whatever Zach Hyman does will be good for Zach Hyman -- and that is exactly as it should be for him and every other player.

If he stays with the Leafs, that's only because there are no significantly better offers elsewhere.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That is NOT what Friedman said about Hyman. Marek asked Friedman if Hyman was looking at the Josh Anderson contract (5.5x7) and Friedman said look at what Goodrow got from the Rangers, I think Hyman will at least get the Anderson contract if not more. He listed the Rangers as an interested team but said after acquiring Goodrow that they're unlikely.

He specifically linked Nashville to Hyman by name. Not sure what this account was listening to to post this, but that's definitely not what Friedman said on the pod.
Thanks for clarifying. It didn’t make a lot of sense after signing Goodrow.

Reactions: Ciao

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

This makes more sense than Hyman to NYR.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Are the Rangers about to give like 9.5 million long term to Hyman and Goodrow?

RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad