Rumor: Zach Hyman to NYR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
could be good depending the price....

but something tells me its going to be a gross overpayment... if the rumors are true what he wants

banks

W W 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
could be good depending the price....

but something tells me its going to be a gross overpayment... if the rumors are true what he wants

Something tells me the same thing. If he were willing to sign for a good price then I don't know why we wouldn't do that with Toronto where he spends most of his time with Matthews, Marner, Tavares, and Nylander.

He's leaving for the money, make no mistake.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Don't these guys need room for Laf/Kakko/Fox/Miller's second contracts in the future? If the cap still doesn't go up in a couple of years, oh boy...

I don't think the Rangers have serious interest in him after getting Goodrow. More likely Drury inquired just to see what he is looking for. That said, out of the bunch you listed, only Fox is currently in line for a significant raise. Laf and Miller still have 2 years left on their ELCs, so their situation can, and likely will, change. Kakko would need a big jump in offensive production next year to avoid a bridge deal.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Hey-Man linked to everyone including re-signing with the Leafs , i guess if the insiders cover the entire league they can then claim they broke the news when he eventually signs , lol ,

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I don't think the Rangers have serious interest in him after getting Goodrow. More likely Drury inquired just to see what he is looking for. That said, out of the bunch you listed, only Fox is currently in line for a significant raise. Laf and Miller still have 2 years left on their ELCs, so their situation can, and likely will, change. Kakko would need a big jump in offensive production next year to avoid a bridge deal.

I still think Vancouver is the leaning favorite for Zach Hyman. It makes too much sense that he would max his earning potential with a basement-dwelling club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad