Recalled/Assigned: Zach Fucale Called up to Ice Caps, Charlie Lindgren recalled to Montreal

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Total disagree.
NHL people make these decision and there not going to call up a goalie they have no faith in...this is not the 13th forward or 7th d-man. Injuries happen all the time and Fucale will be the last man standing if something happens to Price.

In Emergency situations NHL people have made decisions to sign USports Goalies, Zamboni Drivers, Goalie School Coaches, Assistant coaches, etc... to one day contracts to be backups for one night.

If they couldn't get Lindgren here tonight, they found the best goalie they could get, and he was in Brampton (which is really close to Toronto Pearson Airport).

The Habs themselves called this an "emergency recall".

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Wow so now it logistics.

Why are so many people against Fucale. He has been a big time winner in tournaments and playoffs...not to mention regular seasons.

YES he has a problem with consistence...BUT not skill. In time Fucale will get his head into all games and stop watching all the beautiful ladies in the crowd that want to be with this winner

Because Lindgren is a better goalie right now and it is not even close? Fucale might become better than Lindgren in a few years, but he is not right now.

There is indeed some hate on this board (HFboard in general, not just HFHabs) for Fucale, but people saying Lindgren is a better choice playing ability wise are not necessarily hating on Fucale.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
IceCaps are fighting for a playoff spot with just 8 games left to play.

http://theahl.com/stats/standings

If Utica wins their game in hand, it's going to get real interesting. Thankfully they lost their last 2 after being red hot and the IceCaps have been picking it up of late. Plus you have Albany as they are cooling off of late. So it should be those 3 fighting for the final 2 spots.

hey

Mar 8, 2006
you realize Fucalle is in Cincinnati preparing for a game tomm. So no hes not closer then a 2 hr flight from Newfoundland. You people act like were in China. Im sure lots of direct flights from Toronto to Montreal.Good Luck getting a direct flight from Cincinnati

I've been on a flight from Montréal direct to Cincinnati and back. All though, it's been over 10 years ago

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Yeah, I'd put this down to logistics. Doubt it's about him being a better option to play.
You may be right, but it's encouraging to see that Fucale hasn't become a throwaway and is still in the Habs' plans.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
you realize Fucalle is in Cincinnati preparing for a game tomm. So no hes not closer then a 2 hr flight from Newfoundland. You people act like were in China. Im sure lots of direct flights from Toronto to Montreal.Good Luck getting a direct flight from Cincinnati

On the SN broadcast tonight, the Beast were on a Bus... 15 minutes into their drive from Brampton to Cincinatti (so still in the GTA), when they were called and told to turn around and drop off Fucale at the airport.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Fucale hasn't developed like we had hoped, but it was a solid pick at the time. He looked great in junior (on a pretty stacked team, mind you). He was considered one of our best prospects for a while too.

Not everyone pans out.

Who says he won't pan out? He is a bloody 21 year old goalie and how had a decent season. I for one still hope he will pan out.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Who says he won't pan out? He is a bloody 21 year old goalie and how had a decent season. I for one still hope he will pan out.

I hope he does too for sure. I didn't realize he was only 21.

He was still considered one of our best prospects and had some mediocre numbers in the past few seasons, so I understand why he's fallen down our depth charts / prospect rankings. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year with Lindgren, Fucale and McNiven.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Fortunately, Price has a number of great years ahead of him. The only goaltender depth that concerns me is what will happen when Price retires. Having an army of capable backups wouldn't be sufficient.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
This was obviously going to happen (Lindgren up Fucale down).

Any word on the extent of Montoya's injury?

I hope Lindgren gets a game or two if Al if out for a while.

Good chance for Fucale to play in the AHL again.

Drunk World Order

Jun 22, 2003
Toronto
I don't get the hate for Fucale who I met twice and a super nice and personable kid? ...He has an amazing resume and great stats, but people hate him cuz he had a bad start in the AHL on a team at the time that was horrible and with a clown as coach. You boys need to give your balls a tug already and get over it. The kid is a winner period.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Fucale hasn't developed like we had hoped, but it was a solid pick at the time. He looked great in junior (on a pretty stacked team, mind you). He was considered one of our best prospects for a while too.

Not everyone pans out.

Fucale had a lot of hype when he was drafted because scouts and the media would say stuff like "yeah he isn't the most consistent goalie, but this guy just FINDS A WAY TO WIN!" ... Honestly it's pretty stupid to give a guy 1st round hype (he was slated to go in the 1st) mainly based on his intangibles and clutch play in juniors. That should be secondary IMO.

Drunk World Order

Jun 22, 2003
Toronto
Awards
Raymond Lagacé Trophy – QMJHL Defensive Rookie of the Year 2011–12
2012 Ivan Hlinka U18 Memorial Tournament – Gold Medal 2012
QMJHL First Team All-Star 2012–13 [29]
QMJHL President's Cup Championship 2013
Memorial Cup Championship 2013
CHL Memorial Cup All-Star Team 2013 [30]
Paul Dumont Trophy – QMJHL Personality of the Year 2013–14 [31]
Jacques Plante Memorial Trophy – QMJHL Best GAA 2013–14 [32]
IIHF World U20 Championships – Gold Medal 2015 [3
2016 Splanger Cup

lillypad33

Sep 20, 2008
Kitchener
I don't get the hate for Fucale who I met twice and a super nice and personable kid? ...He has an amazing resume and great stats, but people hate him cuz he had a bad start in the AHL on a team at the time that was horrible and with a clown as coach. You boys need to give your balls a tug already and get over it. The kid is a winner period.

There are many childish kids posting on here who don't understand that there is much development in a person's career. That's why the hate. They expected an instant Vezina candidate and don't know what the word patience means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad