Recalled/Assigned: Zach Fucale Called up to Ice Caps, Charlie Lindgren recalled to Montreal

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Guess he was closer than Lindgren?

More flights from Toronto to Montreal than St. John's to Montreal in a day.

Probably very easy to get him a flight that gets him there in time for the game. With Lindgren if no flight is available this afternoon, he won't get here in time (they aren't chartering a plane for one backup goalie callup).

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Guess he was closer than Lindgren?

Starting games at the AHL level is a better position than sitting on the bench at the NHL level I guess. Also, the Ice Caps are in the playoff race.
Edit: Ice Caps don't play until the 31 though, so maybe its just logistic. Depends if Montoya absence could be more than a game.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
More flights from Toronto to Montreal than St. John's to Montreal in a day.

Probably very easy to get him a flight that gets him there in time for the game. With Lindgren if no flight is available this afternoon, he won't get here in time (they aren't chartering a plane for one backup goalie callup).

A flight every hour for Montreal and Toronto from just air Canada. Wouldn't take zucale long at all.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Wow so now it logistics.

Why are so many people against Fucale. He has been a big time winner in tournaments and playoffs...not to mention regular seasons.

YES he has a problem with consistence...BUT not skill. In time Fucale will get his head into all games and stop watching all the beautiful ladies in the crowd that want to be with this winner

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Wow so now it logistics.

Why are so many people against Fucale. He has been a big time winner in tournaments and playoffs...not to mention regular seasons.

YES he has a problem with consistence...BUT not skill. In time Fucale will get his head into all games and stop watching all the beautiful ladies in the crowd that want to be with this winner

Still about logistics... :laugh:

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Still about logistics... :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well logistics and logical don't rhyme!!! ;)

When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful,
A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical.
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily,
Joyfully, playfully watching me.
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible, ECHL
Logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable,
Clinical, intellectual, cynical

cynical of some Habs fans :D

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
AHL team needs Lindgren as they are battling for a playoff spot. Fucale gets the chance to earn NHL salary for a game or two and the Habs are rewarding him for his Spengler Cup performance and giving him motivation to keep trying to improve his game.

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
you realize Fucalle is in Cincinnati preparing for a game tomm. So no hes not closer then a 2 hr flight from Newfoundland. You people act like were in China. Im sure lots of direct flights from Toronto to Montreal.Good Luck getting a direct flight from Cincinnati

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well logistics and logical don't rhyme!!! ;)

When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful,
A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical.
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily,
Joyfully, playfully watching me.
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible, ECHL
Logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable,
Clinical, intellectual, cynical

cynical of some Habs fans :D

I mean...this call up is so obviously due to lack time to bring in Lindgren. This is 100% logistics, don't know how that's even debatable tbh.

Great song though.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Wow so now it logistics.

Lindgren has better numbers in the AHL than Fucale has in the ECHL. Lindgren is far more ready to play a game if that became necessary.

This is 100% logistics.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Wow so now it logistics.

Keep dreaming. If he hasn't fixed the consistency problems after 4 years of junior and 2 years of pro, it is more than optimistic that he will fix them soon. NHL teams expect consistency from their goaltenders and he hasn't come close to showing it yet.

He hasn't had a single season where is GAA was above .910 and this year he is .898 in 46 games. That save percentage ranks 47th in the NHL for goaltenders with more than 20 games played.

I have him 4th on the Habs prospects depth chart and probably 5th if they draft or sign another goaltender.

The move was made because St John's needs Lindgren as a starter more than Montreal need him as a backup and because of logistics.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
you realize Fucalle is in Cincinnati preparing for a game tomm. So no hes not closer then a 2 hr flight from Newfoundland. You people act like were in China. Im sure lots of direct flights from Toronto to Montreal.Good Luck getting a direct flight from Cincinnati

Are you sure about that. The game isn't til tomorrow. I don't know that they would have been in Cincinatti at noon today when the callup came.

Seems to me that a team would fly to Cincinatti sometime today. They'd likely have a practice in Brampton today, fly to Cincinatti after practice, sleep there tonight and be ready for tomorrow. I'm not sure they would be spending days and days there. He likely got the call before they had flown out.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I mean...this call up is so obviously due to lack time to bring in Lindgren. This is 100% logistics, don't know how that's even debatable tbh.

Great song though.

Do not agree it is 100% logistics. Maybe MB wanted to not disrupt the AHL team from making the playoffs. Lindgren is a big part of that team! Fucale gets a chance to ern a NHL paycheck and probably doesn't play? Makes sense to me. Habs doing a favor for Fucale and showing him he's not forgotten in the prospect pool even though he's been playing ECHL.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Bottom Line: This is an emergency goalie needed cause Montoya was injured today.

We've seen other teams use Zamboni Drivers, CIS (sorry USports) kids, assistant coaches, beer league guys, etc.... in this situation. There is very little chance he plays any meaningful minutes.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011

Great song though.

Total agree...about the song ;)

Lindgren has better numbers in the AHL than Fucale has in the ECHL. Lindgren is far more ready to play a game if that became necessary.

This is 100% logistics.

Total disagree.
NHL people make these decision and there not going to call up a goalie they have no faith in...this is not the 13th forward or 7th d-man. Injuries happen all the time and Fucale will be the last man standing if something happens to Price.

Keep dreaming. If he hasn't fixed the consistency problems after 4 years of junior and 2 years of pro, it is more than optimistic that he will fix them soon. NHL teams expect consistency from their goaltenders and he hasn't come close to showing it yet.

He hasn't had a single season where is GAA was above .910 and this year he is .898 in 46 games. That save percentage ranks 47th in the NHL for goaltenders with more than 20 games played.

I have him 4th on the Habs prospects depth chart and probably 5th if they draft or sign another goaltender.

The move was made because St John's needs Lindgren as a starter more than Montreal need him as a backup and because of logistics.

Ice Caps don't play until the 31 so Lindgen could easily backed up Price tonight.

I know all the experts on here know goalies take the longest to mature(or at least I thought they knew that :dunno:). The average age for goalie making the NHL is 23 years old....how old is Lindgren???

Fucale is 21.

Time will tell who is right and who is wrong...

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
I don't follow the AHL team. Do they actually have a chance to make the playoffs this year? If Montoya is out for any period of time Lindgren should be called up so he can actually play. Price shouldn't start too many games in this last stretch.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Hopefully he gets a chance to work with Waite and practice with Price. If he can find consistency, he has the tools to be an NHL goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad