Player Discussion: Zach Bogosian

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
No Rutta please :noway:

I thought Bogo showed many flashes of being a real difference maker. I guess Rutta was too but in the other direction.
Kind of like Mike Lundin back in the days, Rutta looked good in the regular season but kinda overwhelmed / borderline panicking in the playoffs.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Kind of like Mike Lundin back in the days, Rutta looked good in the regular season but kinda overwhelmed / borderline panicking in the playoffs.

I'm not sure I agree with that comparison, even in the regular season. Rutta has never impressed me. Lundin was solid defensively, he was a very smart positional player and held his own physically. Rutta is below average away from the puck and can be overmatched physically at times. His sole value comes from being a right handed shot and generating offense from the point. I'd rather just have a one dimensional shutdown guy in the bottom 6 like Schenn and call up Foote to take the role of generating offense from the point.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I'm not sure I agree with that comparison, even in the regular season. Rutta has never impressed me. Lundin was solid defensively, he was a very smart positional player and held his own physically. Rutta is below average away from the puck and can be overmatched physically at times. His sole value comes from being a right handed shot and generating offense from the point. I'd rather just have a one dimensional shutdown guy in the bottom 6 like Schenn and call up Foote to take the role of generating offense from the point.

THIS. Please.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I was always amazed the Mike Lundin didn't have a more lengthy NHL career, I really enjoyed watching him in a bolts uniform.

I feel like we're going to give Foote a shot and if things need tweaking or improving, we'll look to make a move closer to the deadline. Perhaps taking on cap later in the piece is the way to go this season.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think he wanted ice time and maybe to get out of Hedmans shadow a bit.

He did well for us in his role. Happy trails and it was a good ride.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'm not sure which Rutta you guys were watching but he looked pretty good to me. He's not the type of player who's going to stand out on either ends of the ice. He just does what he needs to to make a play, he doesn't try to do too much either he knows his limitations. He really had just one bad game in the finals and was more than ok in the others and that was after not playing for over a month. Bogosian looked good in the bubble but not sure how he's going to look throughout a full 82 game season, which he's never played a full 82 in his 12 year career, and then a long playoffs.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Rutta is fine enough to get through regular season I guess. I just worry about crunch time. He's the guy liable to cost you a tight checking game against Columbus for instance.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Bogo is from close to the Canadian border in New York. Perhaps the proximity to home was a factor.
The border you can't cross? Cool. They can stand on opposite sides and wave to each other.

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
I know I sound like a broken record but I can add Game 5 against Dallas in for good measure.

Funny, I seem to recall Hedman being out of position for most of the game and being beaten easily, Game 4-5 were hedmans worst games all playoffs.. but sure blame everyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad