Player Discussion: Zach Bogosian

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I thought he would circle back here after the successful playoffs he had. A full year of that would have gotten him a decent payday. Better than what he got today and probably with some term.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
It was very surprising,was 90% sure he stays. He played a lot here,had great teammates, Tampa good place to live and price 1mil. Uf..but I think we took Schenn over Bogo cuz Bogo never used his body like Schenn. And Schen hits harder and is harder to play against in net front. This is only reason I can see her

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Hedman Rutta
McDonagh Cernak
Sergachev Schenn/Coburn/Foote

It’s not that much of a downgrade. One could argue it’s on par with this past season

Reactions: DaBolts

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Hedman Rutta
McDonagh Cernak
Sergachev Schenn/Coburn/Foote

It’s not that much of a downgrade. One could argue it’s on par with this past season
Pretty much, I mean shatty was good for the odd goal here and there but defensively he was terrible. Bogo would be nice but damn we were so deep on d last year.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Bogo is from close to the Canadian border in New York. Perhaps the proximity to home was a factor.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
I mean....who really actually wants to be a leaf:laugh::laugh:

Besides almost every NHLer who grew up in the GTA/Ontario and were Leafs fans?? Which incidentally happens to be a large fraction of current star players in the league.. none i guess :huh:

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Besides almost every NHLer who grew up in the GTA/Ontario and were Leafs fans?? Which incidentally happens to be a large fraction of current star players in the league.. none i guess :huh:

Yeah, how could we forget, what with all the hometown deals and playoff success they've squeezed from that love.

Go enjoy spending 28% of cap on your namesakes.

Reactions: JFleegs

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Came to ask that question myself. Saw both Bogosian and Schenn as viable bargain targets for Toronto but was surprised to see Schenn was re-signed right away, while Bogosian was allowed to walk. Always thought Bogosian was a little better in Tampa? Did the extra $200K make that big of a difference?
This is just a guess, but I’d say they’d rather have Rutta with Hedman on the top pair over Bogosian. And if they do re-sign Rutta, Bolts have

Hedman
Coburn
McDonagh
Schenn
Rutta
Cernak
Sergachev
(It’s also possible Bolts might want to see what they have in Cal Foote)

which could mean Bogosian might be on a rotation or just not be a regular in the lineup. Schenn is ok doing that at this point in his career. Bogo might not be

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
This is just a guess, but I’d say they’d rather have Rutta with Hedman on the top pair over Bogosian. And if they do re-sign Rutta, Bolts have

Hedman
Coburn
McDonagh
Schenn
Rutta
Cernak
Sergachev
(It’s also possible Bolts might want to see what they have in Cal Foote)

which could mean Bogosian might be on a rotation or just not be a regular in the lineup. Schenn is ok doing that at this point in his career. Bogo might not be

No Rutta please :noway:

I thought Bogo showed many flashes of being a real difference maker. I guess Rutta was too but in the other direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad