News Article: Zach Bogosian - Signs with Tampa

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I wouldn't count on Vogl, this late in the season I suspect we don't get the full benefit of the million off for ahl demotion.

Paging @dotcommunism
Sure, pretty much everything is pro-rated. Sending him down, if they do send him down, lowers his cap hit from $5.143M to $4.068M, which means his daily cap hit goes from $27.6K to $21.9K (all of these numbers are rounded, by the way) for every day that he's actually assigned to the minors.

Of course any cap hits a team adds are pro-rated too, so it still would give them an extra $1M or so to work with.

All that said, there's no guarantee they assign him to the minors. Not that he'll get claimed on waivers, any team that wanted him would presumably only take him if the Sabres retained salary and/or took salary back.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I, personall, would like to thank Mr. Bogosian for the numerous days of unbridled optimism this board had whenever he was returning from an injury (which was often).
"Glad he is back." We'd say, "Finally, some grit and toughness on this team."
Of course, that optimism only lasted until halfway through the first period of his return game. Then we'd remember the type of player he actually was. But man, those fleeting moments of pure hope and high expectations were quite a thrill. So thanks for that, Broke-gosian. Good luck riding the bus.

Seriously though, the man tried. It didn't work here. I hope he does find some success somewhere outside of western NY.

The Zach Bogosian Memorial Injury Thread will live on in his honor.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Once he clears waivers, the Sabres could send Bogosian to Rochester or arrange to loan him to another AHL team, as they did the last two seasons with forward Matt Moulson, and save $1.075 million of his cap. They could also do nothing and keep him on the roster.
Bogosian is not on unconditional waivers that would allow the team to work out a mutual termination with him to get the entire cap off its books. That would seem unlikely anyway because Bogosian's actual salary is $6 million and he would have to be willing to waive what he's owed for the rest of the season.
Sabres place Zach Bogosian on waivers

Should be some interesting takes if they keep him on the roster. :laugh:

FormerSabresFan

Sep 14, 2015
Long overdue but good to see the Sabres have a pulse.

Hopefully precursor to a move that helps the team that's not just 'addition by subtraction'

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
He had his moments back in the day, we could have used the edge he brought to his game

View media item 7249

Of course this should have been done a long time ago, but his absence does raise an interesting question. Is there anyone left on this team who might, under exactly the perfect set of circumstances, drop his gloves and engage in a fight?

McCabe? He had a great opportunity to do that last night and chose to go for the cross-check route instead.

Jack did drop his gloves once! Not a lot of options out there.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
He had his moments back in the day, we could have used the edge he brought to his game

View media item 7249
I would pay for a poster of that picture photoshopped in with this one:
Pyj9Aeh.0.0.jpg

Reactions: CrazyPsycho

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Gotta admit, I liked the idea of bringing him in as part of the Myers trade.

I really like him that first season and a half.

But the injuries really ruined this guy.

There better be a move incoming which lead to him hitting waivers now, otherwise Botts has no excuse why he waited so long to do this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad