News Article: Zach Bogosian - Signs with Tampa

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
A depth defenseman that has already cleared waivers is actually worth more than if they have to stay on the NHL roster. If a team is looking for a number 8 or 9 dman they can bring him in and stash him in the AHL until needed. If Buffalo retains half he would only be a prorated 2.5 million. Not sure how the salary cap rule go for that. Do both NHL teams get stuck with (prorated) 2 mill in cap and .5 mill (all values rounded for ease of figures) in relief or does his current team get a full 1 mill in releaf?

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
fetchimage

Reactions: seagull and Vito_81

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
A depth defenseman that has already cleared waivers is actually worth more than if they have to stay on the NHL roster. If a team is looking for a number 8 or 9 dman they can bring him in and stash him in the AHL until needed. If Buffalo retains half he would only be a prorated 2.5 million. Not sure how the salary cap rule go for that. Do both NHL teams get stuck with (prorated) 2 mill in cap and .5 mill (all values rounded for ease of figures) in relief or does his current team get a full 1 mill in releaf?
My understanding Is the minimum salary for a player plus 375,000 is the relief amount

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Could be worried VO hit his bonuses and they need space to avoid overage?

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I, personally, would like to thank Mr. Bogosian for the numerous days of unbridled optimism this board had whenever he was returning from an injury (which was often).
"Glad he is back." We'd say, "Finally, some grit and toughness on this team."
Of course, that optimism only lasted until halfway through the first period of his return game. Then we'd remember the type of player he actually was. But man, those fleeting moments of pure hope and high expectations were quite a thrill. So thanks for that, Broke-gosian. Good luck riding the bus.

Seriously though, the man tried. It didn't work here. I hope he does find some success somewhere outside of western NY.

Last edited:

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
I, personall, would like to thank Mr. Bogosian for the numerous days of unbridled optimism this board had whenever he was returning from an injury (which was often).
"Glad he is back." We'd say, "Finally, some grit and toughness on this team."
Of course, that optimism only lasted until halfway through the first period of his return game. Then we'd remember the type of player he actually was. But man, those fleeting moments of pure hope and high expectations were quite a thrill. So thanks for that, Broke-gosian. Good luck riding the bus.

Seriously though, the man tried. It didn't work here. I hope he does find some success somewhere outside of western NY.
Sabres dont play the type of game that fits his skill set. if he went to dallas or CBJ he would fit in nicely. 15 minutes a game just grinding the other team down.

Reactions: RedRaider

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Should have been done 2 months ago after he made his comments.
Why did they even dress him?
Wrong attitude& performance level.
What more do you need?
It was clearly visible to everyone except JB.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Should have been done 2 months ago after he made his comments.
Why did they even dress him?
Wrong attitude& performance level.
What more do you need?
It was clearly visible to everyone except JB.

After Bogo's trade request, Krueger said "I believe we haven't seen the best Zach Bogosian and my job is to find the best Zach Bogosian for our team so we'll continue to do that"

After two months, Krueger realized what we have known for 1-2 years: the best version of Zach Bogosian is the one that isn't on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad