Player Discussion Zac Jones

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
yea advanced stats are too hard for my tiny brain. troube make big hit lindgren dont.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
He really settled in and played well after his first couple of games. It's a shame he has to sit, but man, what a good problem to have.

bogans

Mar 24, 2007
Philly
The advanced stats say that he is.
One factor that the advanced stats can and will never measure is how much a player changes our opponents tactics. No player in the NHL falls into this category more than Jacob Trouba. The guy forces every single forward on the other team to hesitate and think twice at skating through the neutral zone. Once the opponents get into the Rangers zone, the danger becomes even higher, the puck is forced to be moved quicker. And if you think cheep defenseman can line up and hit forwards on the other team the way that Trouba does, you literally do not understand skating, lateral movement, and hockey IQ.

Our opponents may be more likely to score when Trouba and Key are on the ice, but that's because of who they line up against in which zone.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Definitely an NHL player. Hope he gets a shot to go full time next season. I think him and Trouba 3rd pair could be great and tell Trouba he’s never allowed to pinch.

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
he is exponentially improved these past few days from where he was in TC. holy hell it's like a different player.
A lot of weight training and practice and probably inner anger for not playing.

He was always talented. Great puck mover. I was hoping he had this opportunity at the start of the season. Hopefully he is kept this summer and given the opportunity at the start of next season. Could be a very good player for us.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I like Gus but Jones can easily replace Gus then we move Lindgren and shell out for a LD with Fox.

Lindgren, 2025 1st, whatever else we need to add (Kakko, prospect) for a #1 LD this offseason.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He made a play last night that was so savvy and deserved more love: Jones was in on the forecheck, STL got the puck behind him, and he backchecked, lifted a stick to steak the puck back, and keep the shift alive.

He’s not big, but he’s got a really strong lower base and is heavy on his skates. He helped negate a lot of Carolina’s forecheck tonight

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Tanner Glass is inevitable.
inevitable-inevitably.gif

• Haha
Reactions: savebyrichter94

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Hopefully he can keep it going…. With him being a fwd prior I wonder how it would be him playing LD/RD…
They won’t move him now/right away…. Let him to continue on the left and keep progressing. But what an asset that would be to have a guy on 3rd pair who can play either side and move up if need be once in a while.
Gus did pretty well on his offside too….
I hesitate because it’s small sample sizes but he looks better than he has in the past. That’s a good thing.
I’m wondering if he could be in the long term plans for 3LD next season with Schneider or if they plan on moving Trouba and signing a UFA…
Roy would be an absolute stud partner for jones… to bad he’ll cost so much $$$

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad