Youre boring everyone!

vfactor

Dec 8, 2009
Montreal
I am not alone then. This is the first time I prefer NFL action. Still watch a lot of NHL games but Habs games are painfully bored. Even when we wins the only good feeling is the 2 pts we got.

NHL still has some fun teams to watch but, as a league, I think it regress in term of quality. It became a league of goalies and defense. It's almost like teams play 'not to loose' first instead of going for the win. Usually you have to see the first goal to see the game open up a little. I blame it on the 'loosing' point system.

People will argue that the league is doing well and making money. Maybe it's just me but hockey is not in the same league in entertainment value as the NFL. I say this as a hockey first fan.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
This made my day!
tAhGL.gif

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm not bored by the Habs at all this season. I can't look away.

Then again I'm usually drunk, and I'm not incapable of looking away because of how exciting it is.

That said, I wish I were capable of ignoring this team. Would do my heart some good.

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
The turning point in our play this season, IMO, was when LA embarrassed us at home 6-0. Almost every game since then has been a struggle.

There are many coaching decisions that i have trouble understanding. it feels like every productive line we've had this year has been split up. Ex: Why did Therrien only put Briere with Plek and Gio late in the 3rd?

Very sad to see Bournival sit on a back to back, the team REALLY could have used his rested legs.

On another note, something else that's missing from last year were the rookie auditions on defense. I really enjoyed that and i thought it was great for their development. I know we're a healthy line up but maybe giving Pateryn, Beaulieu or Tinordi a cup of coffee would maybe help wake the team up.

Last edited:

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I rather watch a promessing team or interresting hockey even if it means losing then watch this below avg. team overachieve, it just bring a bit of hope where there should be any and we never fully rebuild last year would of been a perfect year to tank... but MB and MT first year they couldn't really affort to...

The issue is that we haven't even been able to sell at the deadline since fanfan wouldn't accept giving up on the season...
If we would have sold at the dead line in the past we would have a better team today.
Hopefully MB as the guts to trades players that won't be part of the future to improve the team in the long run even a 5th round pick is better then nothing...

Imagine if we if Mtl had traded player like Sourray, Komi, Streit, Ryder at the deadline and not given up pick for rental like Wiz, Moore, sopel, Mara, Tanguay.

We would probably be watching a better team right now or would atleast have 8 more prospect to talk about...

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Bored to the point I just dont care... specially since we lack a true 1st liner that would balance our team but no.. bergy wont do so. Easy to stop us completely take care of markov and subban nothing else.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Same.. Haven't watched games in full its too boring even the crowds aren't into it... Been turning to the Carolina Panthers for excitement.. Everyone that had any bit of creativity seems to have submitted to Therrien.. Guys aren't even having fun anymore and it's apparent

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
NFL is fun to watch, no question

But holy cow, all those commercial breaks

lol 3 hour games

i'd rather watch a boring hockey game than a 3h NFL game with 21 min of action and 2h15 of ads

but yes right now our games are pretty boring, no goals = no fun

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Bergevin is sitting on his hands instead making a very necessary move or two - if this is not our contending year we shouldn't be stifling our youngsters for the likes of Desharnais, Briere, Murray, Bouillon, Gionta and Davis "worst March acquisition since that time I got something on spring break" Drewiskie.

This team is infuriating to support.

As critical as I am of Bergevin I can still give him the benefit of the doubt (especially until this offseason) but Therrien is a known failure. His tactics suck, plain and simple.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I haven't watched a full game in a long while. It's just so boring. I've decided to watch more Hawks games and any other game that's on TV other than the Habs at this point.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/about-sunday-evening

In his pre-game segment on RDS, François Gagnon talked about the Canadiens’ identity. He echoed the Michel Therrien dressing room rant we saw a couple episodes ago on 24CH, when the coach told his players they were a grinding team.

OK, a grinding team with a good goaltender and solid defence can make some noise in the NHL. Exhibit A, until recently: the New Jersey Devils.

But I wonder how much grinding you can do with a lineup that includes Brian Gionta, Daniel Brière, David Desharnais and Brendan Gallagher.

And while someone like Tomas Plekanec gives you solid, 200-foot hockey playing any style, I wonder if the imposition of a conservative style stifles the talent of players like Pacioretty and Alex Galchenyuk.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
This is what happens when you hire a boring coach.

We're are not that small but fast and talented team that we keep hearing. We are small indeed but our transition game is **** so it completely kills the fast factor. Our defenseman focused more on blocking shots rather then taking possession of it and make a decent 1st pass for good transition game. Our talented players are forced to play the dump and chase game and with the size our players have, it's a hard task asking them to continuously win board battle against defenseman who hare 3-4 inch taller.

Also... does this team believe in hits? Is it the players who doesn't want to hit or the coaches ask them not to for whatever reason because holy ****.. nobody wants to hit in this team. Eller can throw a big one from time to time but except him, its ****ing nada. Pacioretty, Bourque, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Plekanec, Gionta, DD, Briere, that's 8 of our top 9 that don't have anything close to a decent hit per game ratio. Nobody wants to do the dirty work in this team. When your two biggest wingers in the top 9 (PacioPretty, Bourque) have a total of 56 hits in 57 games combined, you know it's easy to play against the Habs. Lars Eller (66) alone have more hits than these two guys combined.

The difference right now and in 10-11 is not that far except that this season, Price helps us win more, especially those 1 goal game.

If we are lucky enough to make the playoffs, we will get destroyed in the first round, once again.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Coming to the Nhl....bank it....

Sure it will start out with ads on jerseys....
There's already Nike crap on them...
Bergevin is sitting on his hands instead making a very necessary move or two - if this is not our contending year we shouldn't be stifling our youngsters for the likes of Desharnais, Briere, Murray, Bouillon, Gionta and Davis "worst March acquisition since that time I got something on spring break" Drewiskie.

This team is infuriating to support.

As critical as I am of Bergevin I can still give him the benefit of the doubt (especially until this offseason) but Therrien is a known failure. His tactics suck, plain and simple.
Its becoming increasingly difficult to defend MT. He's driving me up the wall. Sure would be nice to see him canned in the offseason but I think he's here through til at least part of next year...

Frustrating to say the least.

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
i'd rather watch a boring hockey game than a 3h NFL game with 21 min of action and 2h15 of ads

but yes right now our games are pretty boring, no goals = no fun

Ahhh cmon its not that bad ;)

There is 60 minutes of action btw, same as NHL! with a bit more of ads.

And yeah, speaking pf Habs game, me and two of my friends are thinking the same thing. Its the most annoying offensive team to watch we got in years. Its boring to watch. We are 21th in the league for GF and 3rd for GA. That can tell you a lot.

But speaking of NHL games and teams in general, you have what, 5 or 6 team in the nhl with good offensive. Rest is just boring.

Solution? Olympic rink size. Goalies have increase size, defencmen too, defence system are fit with NHL Rinks. Making the ice larger would help a lot on offence and give a good show.

Buttt heyyy NHL is making monay, so why bother hun?

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Habs vs Tampa-Bay game was not a fun game to watch...very boring and sloppy hockey (NHL caliber hockey? didn't seem like it at all, imo).
(but VERY HAPPY with end result...2pts!!).

Bulldogs' hockey may be way more fun to watch these days!!

And, maybe 82 games is way too many games?!
(it's all about the money...got to have 82 games to play all those salaries!).

Bring on the playoffs, already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:
(or...can't wait for trade deadline, after that it's the hunt for a solid playoff position or berth).

p.s.: confession...if our Habs go VERY VERY far due to a VERY boring but VERY effective defensive system...I'm all for it!!;) (I just want out Habs to win and stay healthy, but hard not to admit it...that Habs vs Tampa game was sooooooooo boring!!:help:).

Last edited:

GSalty

Dec 30, 2013
Quit crying. I don't watch full games myself, but it's not by choice. I work late hours too often to be able to catch full games. If you can watch full Habs games but choose not to because you can't appreciate a particular style of play then I don't know how you can call yourself a Habs fan, let alone a hockey fan. One of you seems to acknowledge this, at least.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
There is no in between with the Habs. Either they play good, or like crap and stink the joint up. I probably never watched half the games this year. That is not like me to miss that many games. Maybe 2 or 3. They are a very boring team/system as others have noticed. Therrien needs to get the **** out. They should have never rehired that bum.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Yes!! The Spengler Cup where Piuze-Roy is all the rage.

Where refs wear these dandies:

SpenglerRef2013.jpg

Where some of the players are covered in Siemens ...

bagarre-sprengler-2013-640x359.jpg

Or look like sandwichmen:

image.jpeg

SuperStock_1566-451029.jpg

Where all of the face-off circles are painted in dark hues so as to better hide passing pucks.

Yes, more Spengler.:sarcasm:

The strangeness is a big reason why i've always loved the Spengler Cup. The athmosphere, the jerseys.

I also actually think that the reason I like the hockey so much is because the players are not as good. Hockey thrives on chaos and in truth, when the systems are too tights on a small ice and the players rarely make mystakes, it can be boring. While over there it's average players on a big surface having fun, the "out of nowhere" factor is greater.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Quit crying. I don't watch full games myself, but it's not by choice. I work late hours too often to be able to catch full games. If you can watch full Habs games but choose not to because you can't appreciate a particular style of play then I don't know how you can call yourself a Habs fan, let alone a hockey fan. One of you seems to acknowledge this, at least.

huh... last I've known, sports, just like music, movies, etc are there mainly for entertainment... when you dont feel entertained, not watching is probably the smartest thing to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad