Youre boring everyone!

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I can't believe how boring the Habs are to watch these days. At first, I thought I was just sick of hockey (is that even possible?) but now that Ive been watching the WJC and the Spengler cup, and the hockey has been great and fun to watch... even the not-so-good teams like Germany and Norway are fun to watch. Which means it is the HABS that are boring to watch.

Am I alone in thinking this?

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
You are definitely not a lone. I swear it feels like a chore sometimes.

I miss the aggressive, defenseman pinching, quick transition game from last season.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
I don't watch every period or even every game now, I watched the first period against the Lightning and I switched to another channel because I was pissed. I missed some games this year and you know what? The more I miss, the more I don't give a ****.

Hockey isn't everything.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
It's like the Count has come back and possessed MT with the stifling D and boring play, sitting on leads - when we can actually get one...

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
First season in many many years that I don't pay full attention to the game. I watched the first 25 games but since I missed at least half of them and I always do something else while watching. It's been a real snoozefest.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
I do agree. I feel exactly the same. Maybe its aging.
Now I understand why my father havent watched the Habs in a long time. He used to watch Cups and winning teams and now he just says that they suck.

But im watching other teams/games.

When theyll score more rhan a goal per game and stop with the dump and chase, ot will be more entertaining.

And between you and me, will we win a cup with Therrien? DD? Briere? Bouillon?

And is Bergevin the type of DG who will win/do a huge trade? Like Seguin&Hamilton in BOS, richards/carter in LA, hossa in CHI, Neal in PIT.... ?

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Agreed... I missed half of the games thus far this season. Also, tonight I stopped watching the game at some point in the first period.

Lionel Mandrake

Yes, the anti-creativity chip and chase systems can only sustain interest if they bring dominance over the opponent. Unfortunately, we keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole as we don't have the horses for this kind of play. St-Louis can play that game. LA too. We can't, but we'll die trying. Our little players are already showing signs of being gased. We can't keep that up for the whole year or we'll start a free fall of Cunneyworth proportions.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
In the words of Pierre macguire "goals are fun" we haven't been getting hardly any goals and we haven't been physical which equals boring hockey.

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
I whole-heartedly agree. I was watching NFL today instead of habs and did not even think od PVRing the habs game. We are a definite bore this year. No scoring, no creativity, no physicality, not a whole lot going on...

Since our team has bored me into a hockey aversion, I barely watched any other teams ; do you think it's just us or is NHL hockey on a bad path again, and in need of another mini-revolution (aka bigger nets or something) ?

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
tAhGL.gif

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
This is why im slowly converting now into a NFL fan rather than a NHL fan. If i watch 3 full game this season its a miracle. Im still inside a hockey fan, but in terms of show, i enjoy now more watching NFL.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Shades of Jacques Martin

not at all actually... JM managed to do something decent without the likes of Gallagher, Galchenyuk, had Eller as a rookie, PK as a rookie and a younger Price, and he missed Markov most of the time...
(we beat both Pens and Caps playing MaB a regular shift for **** sake!!)

while boring, JM system made us overachieve as we didnt have as much talent as we have now...

Therrien ? well we were more agressive and al last season and we werent any worse, so there was no reason to change our game... the missing part is our youngsters gaining experience.

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
I whole-heartedly agree. I was watching NFL today instead of habs and did not even think od PVRing the habs game. We are a definite bore this year. No scoring, no creativity, no physicality, not a whole lot going on...

Since our team has bored me into a hockey aversion, I barely watched any other teams ; do you think it's just us or is NHL hockey on a bad path again, and in need of another mini-revolution (aka bigger nets or something) ?

Rodgers for the winnzz!!! :handclap: That was an amazing game!!!

NewHabsEra*

I can't believe how boring the Habs are to watch these days. At first, I thought I was just sick of hockey (is that even possible?) but now that Ive been watching the WJC and the Spengler cup, and the hockey has been great and fun to watch... even the not-so-good teams like Germany and Norway are fun to watch. Which means it is the HABS that are boring to watch.

Quoted for truth, we have become a worst version of the NJ Devils, this team isnt fun to watch anymore and it shows lately in the GDT anf PGT, people are losing interest even if we win more than we lose and I share the same feeling as yours..

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site

I watched Mad Men today after watching the first 15 minutes of the game, have not done that in almost 20 years. My wife asked me if I was not watching the game because they were only playing Florida? after thinking about it for a second I said no I was not watching because it was the Canadiens I could no longer watch. It's like watching a friend die a slow death.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Yes!! The Spengler Cup where Piuze-Roy is all the rage.

Where refs wear these dandies:

SpenglerRef2013.jpg

Where some of the players are covered in Siemens ...

bagarre-sprengler-2013-640x359.jpg

Or look like sandwichmen:

image.jpeg

SuperStock_1566-451029.jpg

Where all of the face-off circles are painted in dark hues so as to better hide passing pucks.

Yes, more Spengler.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Yes!! The Spengler Cup where Piuze-Roy is all the rage.

Where refs wear these dandies:

SpenglerRef2013.jpg

Where some of the players are covered in Siemens ...

bagarre-sprengler-2013-640x359.jpg

Or look like sandwichmen:

image.jpeg
SuperStock_1566-451029.jpg

Where all of the face-off circles are painted in dark hues so as to better hide passing pucks.

Yes, more Spengler.:sarcasm:

Coming to the Nhl....bank it....

Sure it will start out with ads on jerseys....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Coming to the Nhl....bank it....

Sure it will start out with ads on jerseys....

They were talking about allowing ads to creep up on jerseys. So this is what happens when the salary cap goes up -- we all become sandwichmen when we buy gear. Self-inflicted shame.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Mods I apologize. Can you please re-arrange the two images that are side-by-side and are causing the margins to overflow on the right. Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad