GDT: Your Winnipeg Jets vs Los Angeles Kings | Sun Mar 1, 3PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Where's Mike Richards in their lineup?! Probably enjoying the sights in Kenora.
Too soon? :sarcasm:

He will be back as soon as Tuesday when roster limits are increased. He may stay in the A until closer to the playoffs but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Kings lineup for their opening playoff game.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
A huge game this afternoon. Playoff odds go up by 8% with a clean win today. Staying above the kings is the insurance policy against any winning streak by the Flames and Sharks. As long as those teams fighting for 3rd in the pacific drop below the wild card line all is good.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
He will be back as soon as Tuesday when roster limits are increased. He may stay in the A until closer to the playoffs but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Kings lineup for their opening playoff game.

IF they make the playoffs :help:

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
thehugemanatee.jpg

Literal LOL. Well done!

All in on the vJets? Why not eh?

m.

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
After this game, we got the red hot Sens then hit the road to play Nashville and St.Louis...ok, so I'd say today's game is rather important in a way? Gotta keep getting points.

Hammerhead71

Feb 19, 2015
The Peg
Long time reader of the board who finally decided to join in. I remember watching the Jets as a kid in the old WHA days and of course Jets V1 but I am really enjoying this team this year. Have not felt excited watching hockey in a long time and in fact did not watch a game for years after the Jets left for Phoenix. Good to get the excitement happening again!

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Long time reader of the board who finally decided to join in. I remember watching the Jets as a kid in the old WHA days and of course Jets V1 but I am really enjoying this team this year. Have not felt excited watching hockey in a long time and in fact did not watch a game for years after the Jets left for Phoenix. Good to get the excitement happening again!

:handclap:

Welcome to the hiccups

White Out 403*

Hopefully Hutch is in tonight and we can stop talking about the ridiculous rotation.

Wheeler at 80% health but 100% effort is still a huge bonus for us. nice lay off, and LA has been busy. Let's take advantage and get 2 points clean!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hopefully Hutch is in tonight and we can stop talking about the ridiculous rotation.

Wheeler at 80% health but 100% effort is still a huge bonus for us. nice lay off, and LA has been busy. Let's take advantage and get 2 points clean!

There is absolutely no reason not to start Hutch with this stretch of extra days off between games. Maurice needs to give the team the best chance to win each and every game.

Roofgoat

Feb 5, 2015
Rural Missouri

Just curious, how often were WHA Jets on TV? All, some?

And for us old guys, its amazing how we watched all kinds of sports on small B&W and even color TVs.

If you had a Sony Trinotron you were a King? Now compared to HD it would be like looking through old scratched up goggles.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
No it doesn't, so carry on. (just though I missed something)

may your high be no more mellowed. This place is full of obscure references...so keep up the good work.

"i shoot dee puck, i score dee goal" - Hannu J himself.

"oh, Stu, he's a funny guy..." - Teppo N, after being asked to comment on Stu Barnes's hat trick.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Welcome! There are a few of us here with the same story as you although I got back onto the Jets bandwagon the minute they came back. I still know people who are holding out :laugh:

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville

And for us old guys, its amazing how we watched all kinds of sports on small B&W and even color TVs.

If you had a Sony Trinotron you were a King? Now compared to HD it would be like looking through old scratched up goggles.

LOL - my cheapass father didn't buy a colour TV or get cable until 1979, well after I'd moved out.

If I remember correctly, there were about a dozen WHA games broadcast throughout the Jets history.

The Jets need to put some more distance between the playoff line and the also-rans. It's already level three heart-attack every game as it is. I don't know how I'm going to survive until the end of the season if the Jets keep treading water.

I'm going to the game today! Club section! Unfortunately, the season ticket holders immediately behind us seem to focus conversations on their respective sex lives with the girlfriends and anything NON Jets related. Plus, they've been drunk a couple of other games, which makes them even more annoying.

Anyway, Go Jets Go!

Hammerhead71

Feb 19, 2015
The Peg

I don't remember seeing many if any Jets games on T but they did how a fair amount of the Calgary Cowboys game. I was still young then but remember that their goalie was Don "Smokey" McLeod

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

LOL - my cheapass father didn't buy a colour TV or get cable until 1979, well after I'd moved out.

If I remember correctly, there were about a dozen WHA games broadcast throughout the Jets history.

The Jets need to put some more distance between the playoff line and the also-rans. It's already level three heart-attack every game as it is. I don't know how I'm going to survive until the end of the season if the Jets keep treading water.

I'm going to the game today! Club section! Unfortunately, the season ticket holders immediately behind us seem to focus conversations on their respective sex lives with the girlfriends and anything NON Jets related. Plus, they've been drunk a couple of other games, which makes them even more annoying.

Anyway, Go Jets Go!

Fellow fossils in da house :wally:

The run is fun this season.....honestly I want the playoffs pretty bad but the journey has been great.

This will be a really tough game. I would settle for any points but 2 clean would be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad