• Hellebuyck

• Fleury

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
It will be Renne.

Not sure it should be based on what stands directly in front of him.
But, I don't much have a problem with it either.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Winner will be Rinne but its funny, he isn't even a top 5 goaltender if he didn't have one of the best defenses ever in front of him.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Winner will be Rinne but its funny, he isn't even a top 5 goaltender if he didn't have one of the best defenses ever in front of him.

stats are stats. he's played a lot of games and put up good numbers. can't change the team he plays for

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Well, I can see allot of people did or have not seen the goalie stats before commenting.

Hellebuyck has beaten Bob and Andersen in every stat and yet he has not a mention.

Hellebuyck has Gibson beaten in ever stat(GAA, Wins, Point contribution) other than Sv% though It should be noted Hellebuyck has taken 315 more shots with 7 more games played than Gibson.

And considering the Jets where a non-playoff team last season(with essentially the same roster)people should not use the Jets roster as an excuse, Hellebuyck is the quintessential reason the Jets are 2nd in the league in Points and above all else a playoff team, the opposite can be said for Rinne though as he has not only the best roster in front of him but the best defence in the league who took themselves to the Cup finals last season and continued this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetsfareast

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Having the best top-6 in the NHL, one would assume.
i think people say they have the best top-4 defense because of the amount of points they have. i dont really think people don't really factor in their defensive play. i'm not saying its bad however. also their bottom pair apparently sucks. i think cgy would have a better top-6 because their bottom pair isn't terrible

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Rinne, Raanta and Gibson.

If Raanta played 10 more games he would have won by a landslide.

No idea how 4 people voted Bobrovsky over Rinne, Gibson, Hellebuyck, Fleury, etc.

Bob getting recency bias votes. Just as Price did the year before.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Anderson isn't even in the top 10 for save percentage or gaa yet he's tied for 3rd?

least we can agree that rinne should probably win it

Going to be interesting to see certainposters dance around the Leafs being bad defensively when trying to argue Andersen deserves it with worse numbers than a handful of guys.

I'd have Andersen up there but i'll also say the Leafs give up a shit ton of shots and chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad