• Spencer Rattler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Packers take safety Javon Bullard. Now have addressed the LB and S needs stated above

Brewers are up 4-2 on the NYY (end of 3). The ball is carrying well today so I'm watching that.

I just can't do the talking heads for the NFL draft. lol

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Brewers are up 4-2 on the NYY (end of 3). The ball is carrying well today so I'm watching that.

I just can't do the talking heads for the NFL draft. lol
I've got Tom Grossi's youtube stream up with the NFL Network stream muted

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I've got Tom Grossi's youtube stream up with the NFL Network stream muted

I've got the baseball game on the tv in the background. Doing some work on the pc until the late hockey games come on, the early ones don't interest me much.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Feel pretty good about the packers 2nd and 3rd round selections, even with Philly stealing Cooper Dejean.

Arguably one of the top two linebacker and safety players in the draft in Edgerrin Cooper and Javon Bullard.

A running back, Marshawn Lloyd, that feels more like a shifty player than a power back. Which is good because Jacobs and Dillon are both power backs. Diversifying a bit in player type.

Linebacker Tyron Hooper feels like a reach, but I’m open to being proved wrong.

I like that they are going heavy defense. The offense feels pretty set. Give the new DC as many options as possible. And they still have eight (8!) picks left to make today.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Feel pretty good about the packers 2nd and 3rd round selections, even with Philly stealing Cooper Dejean.

Arguably one of the top two linebacker and safety players in the draft in Edgerrin Cooper and Javon Bullard.

A running back, Marshawn Lloyd, that feels more like a shifty player than a power back. Which is good because Jacobs and Dillon are both power backs. Diversifying a bit in player type.

Linebacker Tyron Hooper feels like a reach, but I’m open to being proved wrong.

I like that they are going heavy defense. The offense feels pretty set. Give the new DC as many options as possible. And they still have eight (8!) picks left to make today.

Doesn't the RB have some ball security issues? He's small, which isn't bad if he's shifty and fast. Small and fast RBs add a nice changeup and can get lost behind the OL trees and turn things into big plays. I just hope he can catch and replace some of Jones receiving production.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm hoping the Packers trade a few of their late picks for similar picks in next year's draft (in GB). It'll give the local fans a chance/reason to show up and stick around.

Really, 13 picks this year is a bit much.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Hes old (24) but it doesnt really bug me. If he gives you production throughout his rookie contract it was worth the pick. Not every draft pick has to be a marriage.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Hes old (24) but it doesnt really bug me. If he gives you production throughout his rookie contract it was worth the pick. Not every draft pick has to be a marriage.

He has the size where you could transition him into a FS, or use him as the deep zone guy in a dime package.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He has the size where you could transition him into a FS, or use him as the deep zone guy in a dime package.
Guessing he gets used as a hybrid DB frequently. (Remember, BFlow frequently lined up the D with 3 safeties last season)

Apparently he's got good ball skills, but can struggle staying with faster receivers, gets handsy trying to stay with them. When he gets his head around, tracks the ball very well.

Could see him used to help cover someone like Laporta

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Guessing he gets used as a hybrid DB frequently.

Apparently he's got good ball skills, but can struggle staying with faster receivers, gets handsy trying to stay with them. When he gets his head around, tracks the ball very well.

Could see him used to help cover someone like Laporta

Worst case, he's a big guy for the WRs to go against on the practice squad. It'll give the QB work in touch throws along the sidelines too.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Copy pastaing this but

Fewest yards per coverage snap allowed outside the slot, Round 1 CBs since the 2021 draft/this class (via PFF)
T. McDuffie: 0.52
P. Surtain: 0.60
S. Gardner: 0.61
K. Elam: 0.61
D. Banks: 0.61
K. McKinstry: 0.62*
E. Stokes: 0.63
J. Horn: 0.64
K. Jackson: 0.66*
Q. Mitchell: 0.68*

Right of the rip id guess he stays at corner. Seems to be a tall, lengthy, press corner that Floe loves.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Copy pastaing this but

Fewest yards per coverage snap allowed outside the slot, Round 1 CBs since the 2021 draft/this class (via PFF)
T. McDuffie: 0.52
P. Surtain: 0.60
S. Gardner: 0.61
K. Elam: 0.61
D. Banks: 0.61
K. McKinstry: 0.62*
E. Stokes: 0.63
J. Horn: 0.64
K. Jackson: 0.66*
Q. Mitchell: 0.68*

Right of the rip id guess he stays at corner. Seems to be a tall, lengthy, press corner that Floe loves.
Read that, though he's played press most, he struggles there, tending to mirror the receiver than take advantage of his size at the line.

I agree he'll be used in coverage, will likely be listed as Corner, but as I mentioned, I think he'll be used as a bit of a hybrid. Will be a corner playing the role of the 3rd safety that was heavily used in coverage last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad