Your top 7 for the 2024 draft

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Is Lindstrom also gone at 5?

And we'll see where our actual draft position is. last year we got lucky to stay at 5. There is a higher probability will be at 6 or 7 than top 5. So we'll see...

And I still think Eiserman could be in the conversation with Iginla and Catton.
For the point of the hypothetical, let's say he's available.

For me, if Buium or Levshunov are there at 5, it would be hard to pass. If they're both gone, then the gap narrows and BPA isn't as clear, in which case it makes sense to lean towards a forward.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

For me, if Buium or Levshunov are there at 5, it would be hard to pass. If they're both gone, then the gap narrows and BPA isn't as clear, in which case it makes sense to lean towards a forward.
I don't know enough about all the players. And I don't think I'll try to come up with my own opinion. I'm mainly interested to see who HuGo choose on draft day. But in the meantime I'll listen to what everyone has to say on the top prospects...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Celebrini
Demidov
Levshunov
Dickinson
Buium
Parekh

only ranked guys I have watched, haven't seen any WHL or QMJHL games and I think I only saw 1 USNTDP game though Eiserman had 5 pts in that game vs Celbrini, it was a crazy game.

For the Jets pick I'm holding out hope for Jett Luchanko but I only saw him twice.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
1 - Celebrini.
2 - Demidov.
3 - Lindstrom.
4 - Dickinson.
5 - Iginla.
6 - Catton.
7 - Buium.

MH : Eiserman.

I really want a forward, but Dickinson and Buium are my favorite D's prospects in this draft and I believe they are very high on Habs list. If they pick BPA and it's between Dickinson or Buium, I would be very happy.

But I really want Iginla or Catton if Demidov or Lindstrom are not available and Habs don't pick 1st.

Blame the referee

Aug 24, 2014
Granby
1. Macklin Celebrini
2. Ivan Demidov
3. Artem Levshunov
4. Berkley Catton
5. Cayden Lindstrom
6. Zayne Parekh
7. Zeev Buium
8. Tij Iginla
9. Sam Dickinson
10. Cole Eiserman

Reactions: Rozz

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
BPA no matter what.

I agree. That would be amazing to add a player like Leshunov, Dickinson, Buium or Parekh. Even if I want a forward, they can easily trade a D to acquire a young forward. Like they did with Romanov.

Leshunov isn't on my top 7 for Habs, but he is in my top 4 list rankings for the draft. He is a really good one. But I'd prefer Dickinson or Buium for the Habs.

lillypad33

Sep 20, 2008
Kitchener
Now that Ferrari from TheHockeyNews has Catton at 3, everybody wants him...
I have to admin that I'm all for the Habs taking him if Lindstrom is not available.
Lots of time to go, and these lists are going to change... Not even worth thinking about until after the cup finals...

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
this is a personalized top 7 for the habs

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Lindstrom
4. Iginla
5. Parekh
6. Dickinson
7. Buium

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

the only way BPA will be clear this year is if we pick a lefty D. That would most definately mean BPA for them. Everything else is debatable. Unless Hughes comes out and say that we picked that player 'cause we always wanted for one of your players to have Tij as a first name...then you can shout it's needs....

Reactions: Rozz

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Now that Ferrari from TheHockeyNews has Catton at 3, everybody wants him...
I have to admin that I'm all for the Habs taking him if Lindstrom is not available.
Lots of time to go, and these lists are going to change... Not even worth thinking about until after the cup finals...

I never heard of Ferrari other then the car but I wouldn't trust a thing the hockey news says. I haven't seen any WHL games so I don't care one way or the other for Catton. If we pick him then I'll watch a shit ton of his games and hope we got a future star.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
This provides a good prediction of what, subject to trades, will occur at the draft.

Each player, other than Celebrini, comes with their respective warts and concerns:

Demidov: the Russian factor and the level of competition he faced this year will be a concern to many teams;

Dickinson: high floor, but a lack of elite skating may restrict him to only a top 4 defenceman in the NHL. Do you want to expend a top 5 pick on the next Chariot?

Buuim: best skating defenceman in the draft, but is vulnerable in the defensive zone at times;

Lindstrom: His combination of size , skill and skating is probably unmatched in this draft. But what good is that potential if his availability is questionable due to his history of injuries.

Catton: How well does this highly talented, but smallish player's talents and game translate to the NHL game? Are you drafting the next Brayden Point or the next Sean Farrell?

Iginla: One of the youngest players available in the draft, teams have to question is this highly competitive player a one year wonder in the WHL?

I think it will come down to the Canadiens having to choose one of Lindstrom, Catton or Iginla. I know who I would choose.

You have a lot of infos on prospect, Im curious like Im sure many others are. Which guy would you pick between these 3 ?

Reactions: Habs 4 ever

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No, too small. Tired of small Habs teams. It would be him OR Caufield... and we already have Caufield.

Plus Hutton, RHP and whoever else of similar stature graduates. Something has to give as you can’t have too many small-sized types. However, if we base it on what Hughes has been saying, he’ll go with the BPA and if that happens to be Catton at the Habs’ pick, I have to believe that’s who he’d take.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Why not 10?

Macklin
Demidov
Levshunov
Buium
Parekh
Catton
Dickinson
Iginla
Helenius
Eiserman

Bonus Q, The Flames call they have 2 offers to secure Iginla; 6ov and Anderson for 9ov or 6ov for 9ov and Honzek, are you interested?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Dickinson and Buium are so close to Guhle and Hutson that I really can't see them going that direction. Trading a D for a forward is not as easy as people think. It's rare it happens, it requires a unique circumstance like Gauthier in Philly and even then we weren't able to make an offer cause Canada wasn't on his list.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Dickinson and Buium are so close to Guhle and Hutson that I really can't see them going that direction. Trading a D for a forward is not as easy as people think. It's rare it happens, it requires a unique circumstance like Gauthier in Philly and even then we weren't able to make an offer cause Canada wasn't on his list.
This may be a year where pick in the 2-10 range could be traded. I agree that if the BPA on MTL list is a LD... they may have serious reservation... would they consider trading down? I'm also curious if they would want to trade up too. Hard to judge before the lottery and knowing what are the odds of teams ahead of MTL could draft.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This may be a year where pick in the 2-10 range could be traded. I agree that if the BPA on MTL list is a LD... they may have serious reservation... would they consider trading down? I'm also curious if they would want to trade up too. Hard to judge before the lottery and knowing what are the odds of teams ahead of MTL could draft.

Hughes did just say if they find themselves in the BPA is a D and it's clear and obvious, that they'd look at other options.

They're gonna make sure they are getting a forward they want.

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018
Catton: How well does this highly talented, but smallish player's talents and game translate to the NHL game? Are you drafting the next Brayden Point or the next Sean Farrell?
Sean Farrell is 5'9 and 174 lbs at 22 yrs old, while Catton is 5'11 and 170 lbs at 18 yrs old. He is likely to get to 190 lbs as an adult, so not at all the same weight class.

That being said, Catton is not a power forward at all. He will never provide grit and weight to the game. But I don't think his size is an issue. But in terms of talent and ceiling, he has much more potential as compared to Iggy who I am afraid is more likely to end up as a 3rd line energy player.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
1. Celebrini
2. Demidov: he seems super talented. He might be the same level as Michkov but with a good attitude.
3. Catton: he's very agile, great stickhandling and vision. I value a lot of offense awareness (hockey sense), and he has it.
4. Lindstrom: big and play big, a true power-forward. He might be slightly worse version of Byfield. I find he's worse than Catton, he ranks quite high thanks to his size. If he's 2-3 inches shorter, I doubt that analysts would rank him high.
5. Iginla: good shot and very competitive. IQ might not be as elite as other top prospects
6. Parekh: good offence.
7. Leshunov: complete package

Reactions: mdk and Weber Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad