Your team's worst moment

AnaheimDucks90

May 22, 2008
Hamburg
For me, the worsest things were taht Kariya left us and the loss in game 7 against New Jersey 2003. The Andy McDonald trade was also very worse. You must know that Kariya and McDonald are still my favourite players. I always will remember they as members of the Mighty Ducks/Ducks.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
This is what THN chose for every team in 2003. These include events in their previous home cities as well. However, the relocations are not chosen here. While people in Winnipeg, Quebec and Hartford were definately disappointed when teams left, people in Phoenix, Denver and Raleigh think other way around.

Ana: Ron Wilson being fired
Atl: 16-game winless streal in their debut season
Bos: Bobby Orr leaving
Buf: The goal in 1999 SC Finals
Cgy: 10-player trade with Toronto
Car: 1982-83 season
Chi: Bobby Hull leaving
Col: The brawl game in Detroit in 1997
CBJ: Death of fan in 2002
Dal: 1977-78 season
Det: 1985-86 season
Edm: Gretzky trade
Fla: Vanbiesbrouck being booed in 1998 against Chicago
LA: Bruce McNall's troubles
Min: CF series against Anaheim in 2003 (only one goal scored)
Mtl: Events leading to Roy trade
Nsh: Karalahti/Ronning trade
NJ: Donut incident
NYI: John Spano's ownership
NYR: 1999-2000 season
Ott: Owner admitting that they delibaretly lost final game of 1992-93 to get #1 pick
Phi: Losing 1971-72 playoff spot four seconds before end of final game
Phx: 30-game winless streak in 1980-81
Pit: 1982-83 season
StL: Nolan's center ice goal in 2000
SJ: 1992-93 season
TB: 1997-98 season
Tor: 1984-85 season
Van: 1997-98 season
Wsh: 1974-75 season

I thought he was joking that he said that (he still got a $100k fine for saying something so stupid). Either way, it's good to know that my team's actions resulted in a rule change ;)

BraveSirRobin

Ducks offseason
Feb 5, 2006
Yucaipa, CA
Losing game seven of the Stanley Cup finals to the Devils is easily the worst moment, but it is closely followed by the way that Kariya left the organization for 9 million less than what he was making previously.

What made that loss worse for me was that freaking Jeff Friesen scored twice that game. There aren't many players I dislike more than Friesen, so that was an added stab in the heart.

Kariya bailing following our loss was pretty bad too. It still irks me.

Trading Selanne to San Jose was a low point in the very dark period between 2000 and 2002.

Milos Holan's cancer scare was a sad story too, and it could have turned far worse. Fortunately he survived.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
In my own time, the worst moment as a Leaf fan was January 1997.

The Leafs had traded Eric Fichaud to the Islanders in 1995, and Kenny Jonsson and what turned out to be the Roberto Luongo pick in 1996 to get Wendel Clark back. In January, the Leafs were dead last in the standings and the Islanders were second last.

On the radio one night, they talked about how terrible it would be for the Islanders to come into Toronto in the future with a Thornton/Marleau duo up front, Kenny Jonsson manning the blueline on defense and Fichaud in net. They talked about how the Leafs had basically signed away their future and allowed the Islanders to have all our glory for years to come.

That was kind of a low point from a fan's morale point of view.

justsomeguy

Sep 2, 2004
- From Morenz death to Rocket's arrival.
- The Houle years

But if talking only about moment...

http://www.bookrags.com/highbeam/montreals-mccleary-badly-hurt-hb/

Was at that game. it got awfully quiet when mcleary stopped the puck with his throat. there were a few Expos at thegame that night. Met some of them at the concession stand and knew Carl Pavano was not going to amount to much in Montreal. He ordered KETCHUP for his smoked meat sandwich.

Apparently McLeary was transported by ambulance in full gear but the equipment disappeared and was never relocated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad