Your Team's Top 10 Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil rat

Oct 26, 2019
Columbus is a tricky one and I think our whole board could have very different lists. For example mine could be:

Johnson
Marchenko
Ceulemans
Blankenburg
Svozil
Voronkov
Foudy
Pyyhtia
Knazko

I agree pick 6 is likely number 2 and 12 is likely top half of the prospects
Tell me more about blankenburg, how come he is that high on yout list? I dont know him but a 5'8 24 years old defenseman signed from ncaa is not really impressive at first glance. Is he the next torey krug for you guys?

Reactions: Sticktape

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
I would graduate Mattias Samuelsson from the Sabres list (I had him at 5 in February). He ended the season playing top pair minutes and then bruise/broke something blocking a shot that kept him out of the AHL playoffs.

Buffalo -

1) Owen Power (including him though he's probably never going to see the minors)
2) Jack Quinn
3) JJ Peterka
4) Devon Levi
5) Peyton Krebs
6) UP Luukkonen
7) Rosen - still think there is a lot there, his couple of games with Mora were good but the infinitesimal TOI with Leksands was not.
8) Erik Portillo
9) Ryan Johnson
10) Arttu Routsalainen - based on how he lit it up in the playoffs

As tiers go, probably 1-4 for sure, then Krebs on a bit of an island, then 6-10. I still think Krebs might need some time smoothing out some bumps in his game but his playmaking and competitiveness are top notch. It's possible even likely that pick 9 or 16 intrude into this list and push some people further down and I debated graduating Krebs which then brings Bloom up into the top 10 for me.

Edit - It would not surprise me if five of those guys are all on the big club for all or almost all of next season (1, 2, 3, 5, 10).
Krebs is 2.

:flyers

Tier 1 - Top 6/Top 4/Starter Potential

1- Bobby Brink (RW/LW)
2- Cam York (LHD)
3- Yegor Zamula (LHD)
4- Ivan Fedotov (G)

Tier 2 - Middle 6 Potential

5- Tyson Foerster (RW)
6- Wade Allison (RW)
7- Noah Cates (LW/RW)
8- Tanner Laczynski (C/RW)

Tier 3 - Bottom 4/Bottom 6/Backup Potential

9- Emil Andrae (LHD)
10- Elliot Desnoyers (C/LW)

Biggest Riser: Ivan Fedotov - From NHL longshot a few years back to Top G in the KHL and coming over to Philly this summer to compete for a job as Hart's backup

Biggest Faller: Samuel Ersson - From one Swedens best young goalies to a total disaster of a 1st season in North America in which he only played 5 games due to injury and didn't perform well.

The 5th overall pick will probably slot in right after Brink as the 2nd best prospect.
No way Foerster is 5. Kid is severely underrated... even by his own fan base.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
:sens

1. D, Jake Sanderson
2. C, Shane Pinto
3. C/LW, Ridly Greig
4. G, Mads Sogaard
5. RW, Egor Sokolov
6. D, Tyler Kleven
7. D, Lassi Thomson
8. C/LW, Zack Ostapchuk
9. D, Jacob Bernard-Docker
10. RW, Tyler Boucher

Pretty weak top 10 beyond the first 3 guys due to a horrific 2021 draft.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Tell me more about blankenburg, how come he is that high on yout list? I dont know him but a 5'8 24 years old defenseman signed from ncaa is not really impressive at first glance. Is he the next torey krug for you guys?

We're not really sure yet what we have in Blankenburg. When the Jackets signed him, many of us fans thought he might be able to fill in or something. Then he stepped on to the ice and was immediately one of the better players out there. It's a short sample, we'll see.

He's very quick and technically adept. He breaks up plays quickly and pushes play forward. Blanks isn't as natural offensively but he has puck skills and might just be a late bloomer at that side of the game. Not a Torey Krug type though, I don't see him as a top unit PP QB. Maybe closer to Spurgeon.

Reactions: Lil rat

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Having watched them all, no, he's not. He has a lot to learn about puck security and has a great deal of meat to put on his frame to be effective.
I agree... I realize alot of fans want Krebs to be considered a blue chip type prospect since he was a main piece of the Eichel trade, but IMO he has alot of work to do to become a real effective NHLer. Yes he has alot of potential and could be good but I feel he will still need more time

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I agree... I realize alot of fans want Krebs to be considered a blue chip type prospect since he was a main piece of the Eichel trade, but IMO he has alot of work to do to become a real effective NHLer. Yes he has alot of potential and could be good but I feel he will still need more time

He is energetic and can make some excellent passes. And he can also make some infuriating attempts that are just easily intercepted and immediately turn into scoring chances against. I don't see him at center in the short-term. He has things to figure out about how to not put his team in bad situations, more so than Quinn and a bit more than Peterka for sure.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Could easily put him over Knazko but he finally got his shot and was ok but didnt stand out like I had hoped. Health has been his biggest thing, guy needs a good offseason and a healthy season of production in the AHL. Hes already 23 so once you start getting to that age you get judged a lot more as a prospect

I think a guy I'd put over Knazko (and Pyyhtia and Foudy) is Guillaume Richard. By all accounts he had a stellar freshman year. He showed some upside that was hidden for whatever reason in his draft year.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
:habs

1. Guhle

2. Farrell

3. Barron

4. Roy

5. Primeau

6. Ylonen

7. Harris

8. Norlinder

9. Kidney

10. Mailloux

HM: Mysak, Heineman, Xhekaj

Hopefully adding Shane Wright and a couple others shortly.

Habs seem to have kind of crazy depth, but nothing really high end in the pipeline.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Leafs

1. Robertson
2. Knies
3. Niemela
4. Amirov
5. Minten
6. Abruzzese
7. Holmberg
8. Steeves
9. Abramov
10. Tverberg

HM: Kral, Moldenhauer, Ovchinnikov, Miettinen, Villeneuve

Reactions: AvroArrow

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Winnipeg:

Probably will change after the WJC but this is what I have for Winnipeg off the top of my head, didn't put much thought into the order but it's probably the 10 best and a projection:

Perfetti (1st liner)
Heinola (top 4 LHD)
McGroarty (top 6 gritty scorer)
Chaz Lucius (top 6 scorer)
Samberg (top 4 LHD)
Lambert (top 6 scorer)
Chibrikov (top 6 scorer)
Rashevsky (middle 6 scorer)
Gustavsson (3rd line center),
Chisholm (bottom 4 LHD)

HM:

Zhilkin
Torgersson
Kuzemin
Salomonsson

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Ranked by a combination of potential & NHL likelihood for the most part. Like Grushnikov could even be above Kyrou cause he's more likely to be a NHL player imo, but I gave Kyrou the potential advantage.

1. Johnston
2. Stankoven
3. Bourque
4. Harley
5. Bichsel
6. Dellandrea
7. Damiani
8. Stranges
9. Kyrou
10. Grushnikov

HM: Arcuri, Roulette, Martino, Seminoff
Recently graduated: Jacob Peterson

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I like the prospect pyramid idea since the difference between #1 and #4 isn't the same as the difference between #4 and #7. For the Devils, there's Hughes/Holtz and then a noticeable drop off.

My very armchair list:

1. Luke Hughes - solid production as a freshman, will be interesting to see if he anchors Michigan's D next season with Power likely going pro

2. Alexander Holtz - had an NHL cup of coffee this season. Wasn't quite up to the NHL pace yet, but 10 points in 11 AHL games is respectable for a 19 year old.

---------------

3. Shakir Mukhamadullin - Still raw, was hoping to see him against his age group at WJC.

4. Arseny Gritsyuk - I'm cautiously optimistic with Gritsyuk having 15 goals in 37 KHL games this season. Hopefully turns out better than a Reid Boucher.

5. Nolan Foote - Had the urge to rank him lower but kinda splitting hairs at this point. Middling AHL numbers this season, foot speed is a mild concern.

6. Kevin Bahl - If he pans out, maybe something like a discount brand Brandon Carlo?

7. Nikita Okhotiuk - Similar stay at home ilk to Bahl. From a handful of preseason games, I kinda liked Okhotiuk more than Bahl but the latter gets the first callup.

8. Reilly Walsh - Currently has 32 points in 55 career AHL games. Arguably higher 'upside' than Bahl/Okhotiuk. Question will be whether Walsh can defend at an NHL level.

9. Tyce Thompson - If he hadn't gotten hurt, Thompson might have a bottom six spot with New Jersey. We'll see if he can carve out an NHL niche.

10. Nico Daws / Akira Schmid - Small sample size, but both have put up unexpectedly good AHL numbers. Unfortunately both were pressed into NHL action due to injuries. Standard 'goalies are voodoo' types, so we'll see if they can develop into NHL caliber netminders.

Shoving in our shiny new toys:

1. LD Luke Hughes
2. RD Simon Nemec
3. RW Alexander Holtz
4. LD Shakir Mukhamadullin
5. LW Arseny Gritsyuk
6. LW Nolan Foote
7. RD Seamus Casey
8. LD Kevin Bahl
9. LD Nikita Okhotiuk
10. RD Reilly Walsh

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
:cbj
For the CBJ

1. Kent Johnson, F
2. David Jiricek, RD
3.(tie) Corson Ceulemans, RD
3.(tie) Denton Mateychuk, LD
5. Nick Blankenburg, RD

6. Kirill Marchenko, W
7. Daniil Tarasov, G
8. Guillaume Richard, LD
9. Stanislav Svozil, LD
10. Dimitri Voronkov, F

A lot of good players close to 10, like Pyyhtia, LDDB, Foudy, etc...

I had Jiricek and Mateychuk very high this year, higher than I did KJ and Ceulemans a year ago. I just can't rank Jiricek ahead of KJ and Mateychuk ahead of Ceulemans, because KJ and Ceulemans had such strong D+1s.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Ducks:

1. Mctavish
2. Zellweger
3. Dostal
4. Perreault
5. Thrun
6. Helleson
7. Lacombe
8. Tracey
9. Pastajov
10. Moore

It is crazy to me that Pasta barely cracks the top 10 after the season he had.
Dostal should be 1st he is already proven superstar goalie in Europe as 21yo and is going to be your starter in 2 years max.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I can’t put them in exact order but roughly

Owen Power
Jack Quinn
Matthew Savoie
Peyton Krebs
JJ Peterka
Jiri Kulich
Noah Ostlund
Devon Levi
Mattias Samuelsson
Isak Rosen or Ryan Johnson

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
:cbj
For the CBJ

1. Kent Johnson, F
2. David Jiricek, RD
3.(tie) Corson Ceulemans, RD
3.(tie) Denton Mateychuk, LD
5. Nick Blankenburg, RD

6. Kirill Marchenko, W
7. Daniil Tarasov, G
8. Guillaume Richard, LD
9. Stanislav Svozil, LD
10. Dimitri Voronkov, F

A lot of good players close to 10, like Pyyhtia, LDDB, Foudy, etc...

I had Jiricek and Mateychuk very high this year, higher than I did KJ and Ceulemans a year ago. I just can't rank Jiricek ahead of KJ and Mateychuk ahead of Ceulemans, because KJ and Ceulemans had such strong D+1s.
And if Sillinger was on the list he’d be 1b

Reactions: Dominance

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I guess something like that:

1. Simon Edvinsson
2. Sebastian Cossa
3. Marco Kasper
4. Jonathan Berggren
5. Elmer Soderblom
6. William Wallinder
7. Dmitri Buchelnikov
8. Albert Johansson
9. Cross Hanas
10. Shai Buium

HM: Theodor Niederbach, Carter Mazur, Pontus Andreasson, Red Savage, Dylan James, Eemil Viro, Carter Gylander

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
And if Sillinger was on the list he’d be 1b
I'd put Jiricek over Sillinger, just on upside.

I can’t put them in exact order but roughly

Owen Power
Jack Quinn
Matthew Savoie
Peyton Krebs
JJ Peterka
Jiri Kulich
Noah Ostlund
Devon Levi
Mattias Samuelsson
Isak Rosen or Ryan Johnson

I'd have Peterka and Ostlund ahead of Savoie and Krebs, but that's probably just me.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Habs have like a solid 1-5 and then a bunch of guys interchangeable between 6-15

Slafkovsky
Guhle
barron
Roy
farrell

would be my top 5

Then there’s a slew of mid rank guys Norlinder, struble, messar, Harris, Mailloux, beck, Heineman, Hudson, primeau, mysak, xhejak

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Devils

1. L. Hughes
2. Nemec
3.Gritsyuk
4.Holtz
5. Mukhamadullin
6. Kevin Bahl
7. Okhotyuk
8. Zetterlund