Martin Marincin|Morgan Rielly
Jake Gardiner|Nikita Zaitsev
Matt Hunwick|Roman Polak
|Connor Carrick[/table]

[table="head;width=250]G
Frederik Andersen
Jhonas Enroth
[/table]​

I forgot Matt Martin, also bolded the 5 rookies.
The top 3 lines will likely be rolled evenly..
Kadri's line will draw the toughest match-ups, Matthews' the second toughest, and Bozak's the third toughest (to shelter Marner).

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It puts Hertl at center, where he was a possession monster last season (on the 2nd line when Couture was out). That Marleau-Hertl-Ward line didn't score as much as ppl would have liked, though, so they may not want it again.

Bruh... That line scored hella in the ~15 games they were together. Bring them back! :rant:

My best guess:

Huberdeau - Barkov - Jagr
Jokinen - Trocheck - Smith
McCann - Bjugstad - Marchessault
Crouse - MacKenzie - Sceviour
McKegg

Yandle - Ekblad
Pysyk - Demers
Matheson - Petrovic
Kampfer

Luongo
Reimer

That's a really, really, really ****ing good-lookin' lineup (assuming Crouse is replaced).

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
:wings

Zetterberg - Larkin - Abdelkader
Nyquist - Nielson - Vanek
Athanasiou - Sheahan - Tatar
Miller - Glendening - Helm
Ott

Dekeyser - Green
Kronwall - Smith
Ericsson - Marchenko
Ouellet
Sproul

Mrazek
Howard

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Gabriel Landeskog - Nathan MacKinnon - Mikko Rantanen
Mikhail Grigorenko - Matt Duchene - Jarome Iginla
Joe Colborne - Carl Soderberg - Blake Comeau
Cody McLeod - John Mitchell - Ben Smith

Tyson Barrie - Erik Johnson
Nikita Zadorov - Francois Beauchemin
Fedor Tyutin - Eric Gelinas

Semyon Varlamov
Calvin Pickard

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
How I see it come opening night

Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Troy Brouwer
Hunter Shinkaruk - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik
Matthew Tkachuk - Sam Bennett - Alex Chiasson
Micheal Ferland - Matthew Stajan - Lance Bouma

xBrandon Bollig, Linden Vey

Mark Giordano - T.J. Brodie
Jyrki Jokipakka - Dougie Hamilton
Deryk Engelland - Dennis Wideman

xTyler Wotherspoon

Brian Elliott
Chad Johnson

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
TB

Killorn Stamkos Drouin
Palat Johnson Kucherov
Namestnikov Filppula Brown
Conacher Boyle Paquette
(Callahan hurt)

Hedman Stralman
Coburn Garrison
Kookoek Sustr
Wisniewski

Bishop
Vasilevski

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
If PLD makes the big club:

Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Saad-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Hartnell-Dubois-Foligno
Calvert-Karlsson-Anderson
Campbell, Gagner

If PLD does NOT make the opening night roster:

Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Hartnell-Karlsson-Foligno
Calvert-Gagner-Anderson
Campbell

If PLD does NOT make the opening night roster AND Boone Jenner is moved to C:

Hartnell-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Calvert-Jenner-Foligno
Anderson-Karlsson-Gagner
Campbell

Murray-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Werenski-Prout

Bobrovsky-McElhinney/Korpisalo/Forsberg

Last edited:

CDP

Nov 30, 2014
I've always thought predicting line combos is something of a futile exercise, but here's what I think it could look like for Toronto:

[table="head;width=375]LW|C|RW
Leo Komarov|Nazem Kadri|Mitch Marner
James van Riemsdyk|Tyler Bozak|Connor Brown
Milan Michalek|Auston Matthews|William Nylander
Matt Martin|Brooks Laich|Zach Hyman
[/table]

[table="head;width=210]LD|RD
Morgan Rielly|Martin Marincin
Jake Gardiner|Nikita Zaitsev
Matt Hunwick|Connor Carrick
[/table]

[table="head;width=125]G
Frederik Andersen
Jhonas Enroth
[/table]​

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Probably has been posted but:

:edmonton

Pouliot - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Lucic - McDavid - Yakupov
Maroon - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Hendricks - Letestu - Kassian
Extras: Lander, Pakarinen

Sekera - Larsson
Klefbom - Davidson
Nurse - Fayne
Extra: Oesterle

Talbot
Gustavsson

There is a possibility that Lander, Pararinen, Fayne, Nurse, or Oesterle get demoted and guys like Caggiula, Khaira, Reinhart, Pitlick, and Slepyshev could push for a spot. I think Puljujarvi is a safe bet to make the roster.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Bruh... That line scored hella in the ~15 games they were together. Bring them back! :rant:

I loved that line. That and Donskoi with Couture made my regular season. But Hertl's GF% was bad when he played with Marleau or Ward: 55.6 when together vs 61.3 when apart (61.6 when apart from Ward and 63 when apart from Marleau if looked at separately). Marleau and Ward did a lot better with Hertl though. (40 & 45.5 when apart).

It could be because Marleau and Ward had more Dzone starts when apart from Hertl but probably was bc Hertl spent about ~2.5 times as much time with the Joes as he did with Marleau and Ward. :laugh: and bc Marleau and Ward's most frequent linemate was Nieto (285.4 min vs 168.9 min playing with Hertl vs 97.1 playing with Couture). It seems likely since the Marleau - Couture - Ward line had a 50% GF and 50.6% corsi whereas the Nieto - Marleau - Ward line had a 37.5% gf and 55% CF (and the highest percentage of Dzone starts of the lines mentioned).

Their corsi together was amazing: 57.8 together, Hertl apart was 56.3 (very similar to the Hertl-thornton-Pavs line with 56.4; Marleau & Ward apart from Hertl were only ~50) and I really like Hertl at center. I wanted the coaches to keep that line together and would love to see it again this year.

I'm hoping that Meier, Goldobin, Sorensen, or X makes it out of camp and pushes Hertl down to the third line C so it's likely that we'll see that line again. Of course, that might not happen even if a rookie makes the team and injuries could do that as well but those aren't as much fun.

Edit to add: Maybe I'm wrong but I thought they supposedly broke up the Marleau-Hertl-Ward line to reward Hertl by putting him with the Joes and to spark his scoring. Then it worked well so they didn't want to break it up.

Last edited:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
i think the habs should target hanzal and give beaulieau and maccarron big chances to succeed. it would look something like

maccarron galchenyuk pacioretty
shaw plekanac radulov
gallagher hanzal ______
byron mitchell danault

beaulieau weber
emelin petry
markov pateryn
barberio

price
montoya

if beaulieu is having a rough nite markov will replace him. if hes playing well markov mentors the kids and stays fresh for playoffs.

im hesitant to put andrighetto in the last spot on the three scoring lines because it would be the only line of the four that does not have a left and right shot for taking faceoffs. this would be very valuable in our own end as well as creating shots in the offensive end.

the price for hanzal wouldnt be cheap but he is one of the few quality centerman that may be obtainable. he is also only 29 and bridges the gap to galchenyuk from plekanec.

im thinking desharnais , a first and one of scherbak, lekkonen, hudon, andrighetto, reway, carr, dela rose to obtain hanzal who is at a cap friendly 3.1 million.

next year when markovs contract is up that 5.75 million is used to re up bealieau, hanzal and galchenyuk.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
:coyotes

Domi - Hanzal - Vrbata
McGinn - Strome - Duclair
Crouse - Dvorak - Reider
Martinook - Richardson - Doan
White

OEL - Murphy
Goligoski - Stone
Connauton - Schenn
Dahlbeck

Smith
Domingue

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
i forgot but i think arizona should tank for one more year at least . they would get a first , a very good top six prospect , a fifth maybe for desharnais at the deadline as well as another high lottery pick for the future. rushing thru their build would only result in a mediocre team. another stud piece at the 2017 draft is what they should be looking at.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
:coyotes

Domi - Hanzal - Vrbata
McGinn - Strome - Duclair
Crouse - Dvorak - Reider
Martinook - Richardson - Doan
White

OEL - Murphy
Goligoski - Stone
Connauton - Schenn
Dahlbeck

Smith
Domingue

so would i be insulting arizona fans with an offer of desharnais, a first and the forward prospect of your choice for hanzal ?

Akhurite

Feb 3, 2014
Toronto,ON
i think the habs should target hanzal and give beaulieau and maccarron big chances to succeed. it would look something like

maccarron galchenyuk pacioretty
shaw plekanac radulov
gallagher hanzal ______
byron mitchell danault

beaulieau weber
emelin petry
markov pateryn
barberio

price
montoya

if beaulieu is having a rough nite markov will replace him. if hes playing well markov mentors the kids and stays fresh for playoffs.

im hesitant to put andrighetto in the last spot on the three scoring lines because it would be the only line of the four that does not have a left and right shot for taking faceoffs. this would be very valuable in our own end as well as creating shots in the offensive end.

the price for hanzal wouldnt be cheap but he is one of the few quality centerman that may be obtainable. he is also only 29 and bridges the gap to galchenyuk from plekanec.

im thinking desharnais , a first and one of scherbak, lekkonen, hudon, andrighetto, reway, carr, dela rose to obtain hanzal who is at a cap friendly 3.1 million.

next year when markovs contract is up that 5.75 million is used to re up bealieau, hanzal and galchenyuk.

Boy if you don't...

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Always had a soft spot for the Jets since the Selanne days. This is a sexy lineup. Hope you guys can snag a wildcard and take that next step. Go get it!!

Couple questions, what will Laine's stat line look like this year and what will Trouba's contract be? (term and AAV)

Thanks. But I think it'll look a little different up front.
Ehlers scheif wheeler
Laine little stafford
Connor perreault Dano
Matthias burmi armia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad