Your Reaction if Leafs Finish The Season as a Bottom 10 Team

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Wanted to get an idea of what Leafs fans reactions would be if the team really struggles in the final third of the season and falls into a bottom ten position.

swint

Nov 16, 2014
:dunno:

This little guy pretty much sums up the answer to this question

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
This year seems very forward heavy. The Leafs can benefit from a top 10 pick and have a defenseman for their choosing.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This has been a pretty great rebuild year. If they make a playoff push, marvelous, if not, here comes the lottery. Who cares?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Option 4 - expected result.

I always expected them to be around top 10, just out of the playoffs.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Most of us, including myself, had them pegged as a bubble playoff team. It was a developmental year and while the playoffs would be nice, it was far from a guarantee on a team full of rookies.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Most of us, including myself, had them pegged as a bubble playoff team. It was a developmental year and while the playoffs would be nice, it was far from a guarantee on a team full of rookies.

Everyone needs to just chill.

Hot takes all year, every game.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Fine - gives the team a solid draft pick.

Regardless of where the Leafs draft the stats and eye test confirms this team has improved immensely over last season. A fantastic sign of things to come

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
totally fine with it, still a marked improvement from last year on the backs of a bunch of rookies who've shown real promise. Would be nice if it wasn't an 18 wheeler off a cliff and Matthews/Marner stay in the calder race. Would also be nice if we weren't in it at the trade deadline if we're going to miss and can look for the best returns for pieces that aren't part of the future core. Seeing what the expected return for Hanzal is makes me think that Bozak is worth something fairly significant, 1st+B prospect kind of thing and JVR would be worth at least that if he's not around for the future. Add Polak, Hunwick, Komarov to the mix to get something back for each of them and we put ourselves in the catbird's seat in terms of having the currency to shop for the things we need, namely a good young RH defenseman

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
This sums it up - heading into the season knowing the Leafs were a last place team, reacting to where they finish the following year:

10n830x.gif

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
This is totally expected if they don't call the GOAT back up immediately.
Whose dumb idea was it to send him down? They'll never win without him...

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
I'll be disappointed if they finish with less than 83 points. If they finish in the 83-87 point range, wherever that places them in the standings, they will have met my expectation on overall point improvement over last season.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
The fall off required to do that would be troubling, but at the end of the day, I considered this season a write-off going in, so wouldn't really bother me.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Everyone needs to just chill.

Hot takes all year, every game.

Oh, I'm chill. Before the all-star break everyone was happy, a few games after with some poor play and it's full on panic mode :laugh:

It's a team full of rookies, there's going to be ups and downs.

JonnyMacAwesome

Jan 27, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Oh, I'm chill. Before the all-star break everyone was happy, a few games after with some poor play and it's full on panic mode :laugh:

Downs aren't allowed... only ups, or we have to trade everyone and get a new roster of all-stars.

All or nothing, that's life for a lot of Leafs fans

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
I'm still in the "don't care about playoffs" mode carried over from the past couple of seasons.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton

I think these last 2 games are giving people flashbacks to the recent history of a team that wasn't close to being competitive, and they're happening in around the same time that those teams would take their annual plummet...just opening old wounds, more of an emotional reaction than a measured one it seems

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
My reaction would be our young guns ran out of gas adjusting to the rigours of the NHL and the 82 game schedule.

We can then add a solid pick in a draft where apparently there is not much of a talent difference in picks 5-15.

I would definitely prefer for them to make the playoffs though, because getting that experience at such a young age could pay big dividends in the long run.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
PO would be nice
Top 10 pick would be awesome
Neither... Catastrophe.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Not sure my feelings are properly summed up in any of the poll options.

I'd be accepting, in the sense that this really is a development year where our core learns to play at the NHL level, with each other, and in Babcock's systems, and my hopes at the beginning of the season consisted of playing hard and not being stupid about asset management. My acceptance has little-to-nothing to do with getting a higher pick, as I trust our front office team to identify a solid player anywhere in the 1st Round.

I'd also be a little disappointed, because I know what this team is capable of, and they've shown it throughout a lot of this season, even if it hasn't all come together consistently just yet. We have a ton of talent, and we absolutely should be capable of hanging with the top teams in our Division, even where we are today as an organization. To watch these guys put their all out on the ice, have them show so well throughout the majority of the season, and then not make the Playoffs would be a bummer, even if it was a bummer that I was willing to accept.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
wouldnt really care.

I thought the team was gonna be a bottom 5 team, so this year has been great surprise for me so far.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
id much rather have a grind like they have where its still a learning experience. what I would hate is if they did what the flames and avs did. make it and then stumble. everyone has been clamoring that they should be farther along then they are but with out that blip where they made it. I don't think they would have half the lofty expectations they do.

ive been very level headed this year, compared to past because its a young team that's learning the nhl grind. we have a boat ton of money coming off the blocks and having another top 15 pick wouldn't hurt this team at all. not to mention the lottery . I for one have a weird feeling that someone in the 10-15 range will move up to the top 3 . its about time for it to be due

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad