Line Combos: Your preferred 4th liners

Who doyou want for the 4th line? Please pick 3.

• Total voters

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
Change the thinking that a 4th line is the last number in a 1 to 4 situation....Teams are building a so called 4th line that plays against everyone...more than not against teams 1st lines(shut down).

Some teams have changed the thinking stated above and copied the dreaded Isles 4th line which is really a third but are called a 4th to keep others off balance....So 9 mill is easily in line for this calibre of personel. Teams that are copying this scenario realize if they can get this type of personel they are getting it for a bargain.

1st lines may (Possibly be) the most offensive yet often cannot play at both ends of the ice...This type of 4th line is a shutdown/heavy/some offence/lots defence and puck possession guru's...they are the foundation or as the Isles call them.."identity" of the team....Frankly better all around players at a bargain since too much emphasis is put on scoring in todays game for excitement. The NHL has tried to add scoring yet come playoffs teams def. wins cups.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Would love to see Spezza back.

Give me basically anyone who isn't Gauthier or Engvall - both of them are.... not good NHLers.

Go and nab a few more veterans with a bit of jam from free agency, and have one of the prospects be the 13th forward.
I think its safe to say Spezza will be back. The guy wants to play here and win a cup. I'd bet my bottom dollar that he retires a Leaf. Money isnt a thing for him anymore. Dubas would be crazy not to bring him back.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I think its safe to say Spezza will be back. The guy wants to play here and win a cup. I'd bet my bottom dollar that he retires a Leaf. Money isnt a thing for him anymore. Dubas would be crazy not to bring him back.

Yep. He's the top selection in this poll, and for good reason. You can't get that kind of player easily. The vet that the team wants to win for. Anything under a million for him is a steal.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I'm also hoping that Petan or Malgin are re-signed. Neither guy is a legit full-time NHL player. But you need quasi NHL players as depth. 13th forward, or AHL call up. Those guys have a purpose.

I don't want unprepared prospects getting thrown into games because we have no depth.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Barbanov didn't come over to NA to play on an NHL 4th line. He's coming over to put up some points and earn a contract. Our Portuguese friends would like to let you know it's "Rodrigues".

I've seen Dubas' patterns now. Engvall, Brooks, Spezza. Extra forward: Gauthier. Waiting in the wings Hallander, Korshkov.

Malgin gets qualified but bolts to Switzerland. Rodrigues isn't qualified and becomes a UFA.
I think Barbanov and Hallander will be pleasant surprises what line each may make it on won't know until we see them play in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad