Line Combos: Your preferred 4th liners

Who doyou want for the 4th line? Please pick 3.

• Total voters

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Assuming they all cost somewhere between 700K and 1M, who would you prefer to have on the 4th line.

I tried to list everyone relevant. Clifford's agent has said he's not re-signing, so he is out. Engvall could play higher in the lineup, and costs a bit more than a million, but I kept him in. And there's a chance some of the UFA guys listed won't come here that cheap. But it is possible. Robertson, if on the team, isn't a 4th liner.

Who are you taking as 4th liners?

If you think someone will be on the team, just not the 4th line (like Engvall or Barabanov being on line 3), then just don't pick them.

Post who you voted for!

Last edited:
Reactions: justashadowof

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I’d look into Deslauriers from Anaheim.. he signed a team friendly deal, wouldn’t mind slightly overpaying for him

Reactions: Duffman955

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Thought about adding his name. But I've heard no rumors connecting him to Toronto, and it's hard to imagine he'd only get 1 million or less.
I think people are going to be surprised, players included at how little they are going to be offered. This year especially I think we'll see players pick teams that are best for them as apposed to who can offer them the most. A lot of GTA guys might want to come to Toronto or Ottawa just to be closer to family. Detroit even.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I’d look into Deslauriers from Anaheim.. he signed a team friendly deal, wouldn’t mind slightly overpaying for him

Every year, there's tons of 4th liners who end up in free agency.

Why ..."PAY"... for anyone (let alone overpay), when you can just grab some in free agency !?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Would love to see Spezza back.

Give me basically anyone who isn't Gauthier or Engvall - both of them are.... not good NHLers.

Go and nab a few more veterans with a bit of jam from free agency, and have one of the prospects be the 13th forward.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Thought about adding his name. But I've heard no rumors connecting him to Toronto, and it's hard to imagine he'd only get 1 million or less.
I haven't either, but I remember hearing something from Dubas along the lines of acquiring someone not on everyone's radar. To your second point, he only made 900k last year.

Reactions: qqaz

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I suppose Engvall, Barabanov and one of Spezza or Rodrigues could be the frontrunners. There might be a chance for Barabanov to play higher up in the lineup if a winger is moved though. Don't know if the team and Rodrigues can agree to a deal (or with Spezza for that matter either).

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Perry-Spezza-Simmonds

Gritty, responsible, leaders, and each capable of 30 points.

Engvall and Barbanov can duke it out for a 3rd line wing spot, Korshov to the AHL, the rest I don't care about.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'd like Spezza back to have some skilled depth and then stick a couple aggressive forecheckers on his wing.

Guys like Maroon or maybe Simmons if he's got anything left to give.

Engvall is the only other internal candidate I'd consider. Let the Goat walk, and look to free agency for some fresh blood on that line

Reactions: qqaz

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It’s the guys at the top and D that concern me. Not 4th line. Doesn’t matter if the drivers can’t get out of 2nd gear come playoffs.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I'm all in on Wayne Simmonds. If I'm not mistaken, he almost came here a few years ago. Good sign.

I'd like to see him come here playing with Hallander, if given a chance. With limited minutes as a rookie, why not?

It could have made an interesting line with Clifford too tbh.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It’s the guys at the top and D that concern me. Not 4th line. Doesn’t matter if the drivers can’t get out of 2nd gear come playoffs.

It's fair I think to say those are potentially bigger priorities but I think Tampa this playoffs is a good example of how changes to those depth pieces can still make a positive change

Reactions: qqaz and kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad