GDT: YOUR Predators vs the Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
it used to be detroit... they are big brother... the team we have to beat before we can be considered one of the big boys...

plus all the bandwagon Hawks fans that show up in our barn and act like total douchecanoes

Yes, this. To be honest, I hate the fans way more than I hate the team.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Thank you for the new addition to my vocabulary..."douchecano" :laugh:

haha no problem... can't take credit for it... not sure who but someone a while back figured out that would make it through the board's profanity filters and its been in use ever since and its douchecanoe, with an "e"...

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I just don't see it that way... coming back from three down is exciting, trading goals back and forth and ending up in OT is nerve-wrecking.... Blowing a 3 goal lead and losing in OT is stroke level frustration inducing... If I hadn't been holding my sleeping baby Id have probably thrown the remote through the TV when we gave up the tying goal in the final minute...

Guess I came into this game a little more pessimistic that we would win this game due to having lost our previous games to them except for one which was a tight game and so was just surprised we had scored three goals on them that fast that I just thought it was too good to be true and was glad to at least get a point taking it into overtime. So even w/ the three goals I never felt comfortable w/ that lead and knew the Blackhawks were going to make a push for it in the second/third. Just thought we might be able to hold them off to the last minute but that didn't happen. So the fact that they worked hard to get the three goal lead I was happy about just that they couldn't kept that lead for the last minute sucked but the Blackhawks always seems to make a push or know how to turn it up the last minute and so I kind of felt they might score but was just hoping not.

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
haha no problem... can't take credit for it... not sure who but someone a while back figured out that would make it through the board's profanity filters and its been in use ever since and its douchecanoe, with an "e"...

douchecano is cool too though. A volcano of erupting douchery seems to be an apt description that fits what you're talking about.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
All our games against Chicago have been tight games. Even the one w/ the 3-1 Chicago win was 2-1 until the empty netter. So I expected the same kind of game tonight. That it would be a close/nail biting game and it was or in your case a throw my remote at my tv kind of game, especially since we blew the three goal lead. Having watched the Blackhawks play they are a team that can easily get back into games from being down. So wasn't surprised they did tonight. Just hoped for a better outcome for us especially w/ the lead. Still think we looked better against them tonight than the other games against them, especially in the first period.

SAT OCT 18, 2014 PREDATORS BLACKHAWKS
7:30 PM FINAL NSH (1) - CHI (2) OT

THU OCT 23, 2014 BLACKHAWKS PREDATORS
7:00 PM FINAL CHI (2) - NSH (3) RECAP

SAT DEC 6, 2014 BLACKHAWKS PREDATORS
6:00 PM FINAL CHI (3) - NSH (1) RECAP

MON DEC 29, 2014 PREDATORS BLACKHAWKS
7:30 PM FINAL NSH (4) - CHI (5) SO RECAP

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
douchecano is cool too though. A volcano of erupting douchery seems to be an apt description that fits what you're talking about.

excellent point, and its entirely possible that this was the original intent of the word and I just butchered it :laugh:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We're finally getting multiple shots per PP over the past few games rather than the multiple PPs per shot we saw through the first 30+ games. Conversely, we're still giving up a PP goal against almost every game. Special teams remain an issue in flux that aren't where we need them yet.

The bad thing is last night was another game where we had that one period where things fell off the rails. It's a trend ... a trend that is costing us points in the standings ... A THREE GOAL LEAD WITH RINNE IN NET AND WE LOST IN THE SHOOTOUT ... inexcusable.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
We're finally getting multiple shots per PP over the past few games rather than the multiple PPs per shot we saw through the first 30+ games. Conversely, we're still giving up a PP goal against almost every game. Special teams remain an issue in flux that aren't where we need them yet.

The bad thing is last night was another game where we had that one period where things fell off the rails. It's a trend ... a trend that is costing us points in the standings ... A THREE GOAL LEAD WITH RINNE IN NET AND WE LOST IN THE SHOOTOUT ... inexcusable.
I agree.

I'm curious as to how many of these late goals have had Nystrom and Gaustad out there trying to protect the lead? The seem to always get struggle getting the puck out of the zone.

They're our worst possession players on team, I'd prefer to see Wilson with Fisher and Neal.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I agree.

I'm curious as to how many of these late goals have had Nystrom and Gaustad out there trying to protect the lead? The seem to always get struggle getting the puck out of the zone.

They're our worst possession players on team, I'd prefer to see Wilson with Fisher and Neal.

It was that line with the Jones/Bartley pairing on the tying goal late in the game last night. No one covered Bickell in the low slot. Much like the goal Vanek scored a week or so ago. Uncontested.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
I"m at a lose trying to figure that one out?

Should have said we kept from losing a 4 pt game to only a 3 pt game... yesterday Chi.50pts- Nsh.48pts today 52-49 thats the only point we gained. could have been 50-50 with 2 games in hand

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I agree.

Yeah two of the Chicago goals was when Nystrom and Gaustad were out there defending.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
See, I don't understand that.

I've loved the Bartley Jones pairing lately and IMHO Jones has really picked up his powerplay game. However, I do not want either of them out there in the closing minute while trying to protect the lead.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i just don't get this infatuation with our 4th line as our shutdown line with the game on the line. gaustad i can somewhat understand against power forwards, but not against quick guys like toews, kane and hossa. nystrom i don't understand at all why he would even see ice time late in the third. not to be forgotten jones and eckholm, the last two d-men on the team i would pick in that situation. eckholm getting the puck taken away set up the whole mess to begin with.

so far the only thing i disagree with lavy is in his love affair with this 4th line group and them getting about 5 minutes more ice time per game than i think they should. well that and jones on the point on the pp.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
i just don't get this infatuation with our 4th line as our shutdown line with the game on the line. gaustad i can somewhat understand against power forwards, but not against quick guys like toews, kane and hossa. nystrom i don't understand at all why he would even see ice time late in the third. not to be forgotten jones and eckholm, the last two d-men on the team i would pick in that situation. eckholm getting the puck taken away set up the whole mess to begin with.

so far the only thing i disagree with lavy is in his love affair with this 4th line group and them getting about 5 minutes more ice time per game than i think they should. well that and jones on the point on the pp.
I'll disagree with you on Jones on the powerplay especially the last few games, he's holding the line as good as anyone on the team and moving the puck well, once possession is established.

I wouldn't put Nystom out there anytime there's a legit scorer on the ice.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i would much prefer to see a left handed eckholm paired with a right handed ellis on that second unit. while you're right, jones has avoided letting the puck leak out like he did so many times, he really has brought nothing else to that pp unit. in reality, when he's out there we run the pp thru ribs off the halfwall even when we're technically in an umbrella formation.

i know you're a jones potential fan, while me being older and more impatient tend to be less a potential and more a what can you do for me now fan. lol

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It's entirely possible that I'm the biggest Jones homer/apologist on this whole board, but he's starting to piss me off when he can't hold the puck in at the line. I remember Timonen used to be like that and I hated it. Small detail in the grand scheme of things I know, but still. You can tell he has good vision and offensive instincts though, and I really hope he can develop some more power on that slapshot because that could be lethal, as we know all too well how that works. But I'm sure that'll come with strength he gains when he's not....you know....20 years old.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Well, after dropping the F bomb in front of the TV about 12 times and going to sleep, I've moved on. Not to put the cart too far in front of the horse here, but I would really love to meet the Hawks in the second round of the playoffs. Every game this year has been great.

STL tonight and they're also on a B2B after playing COL last night. Need to get the home W.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Well, after dropping the F bomb in front of the TV about 12 times and going to sleep, I've moved on. Not to put the cart too far in front of the horse here, but I would really love to meet the Hawks in the second round of the playoffs. Every game this year has been great.

STL tonight and they're also on a B2B after playing COL last night. Need to get the home W.

Honestly, I don't see us having a chance at making it to round 2 to see the Blackhawks. I'd rather meet them in round 1. If we don't see them in round 1, that means we see Winnipeg and get steamrolled 4-2 or face the Blues and get crushed 4-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad