GDT: YOUR Predators vs the Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i don't get the fear of playing WPG at all... or even STL.. it's the playoffs, anyone can beat anyone in a short series, we might get beat playing any team, but i have no fear of facing anyone

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Steamrolled by Winnipeg? What?

They play very well against us, even when they were bad last year. Add to this the fact that they are missing their top 4 D and they aren't showing many signs of slowing down. Yeah, I fear them over Chicago. The only thing Chicago has that they don't is Toews/Kane/Hossa.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
They play very well against us, even when they were bad last year. Add to this the fact that they are missing their top 4 D and they aren't showing many signs of slowing down. Yeah, I fear them over Chicago. The only thing Chicago has that they don't is Toews/Kane/Hossa.

I honestly can't tell if you are being serious here- the "only" thing they have is Toews/Kane/Hossa??? Just 3 of the top 10 players in the league?? I'd say that is plenty.

With all the truly great teams in the West, I would gladly take a first round matchup with Winnipeg.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Honestly, I don't see us having a chance at making it to round 2 to see the Blackhawks. I'd rather meet them in round 1. If we don't see them in round 1, that means we see Winnipeg and get steamrolled 4-2 or face the Blues and get crushed 4-1.

Based on what is the doom and gloom? We've had about 4 stinker games all year, last night included, and that was against one of the strongest teams in the NHL in their own building.

We can beat anyone in the playoffs. Will we? No way to know until the games are played. But that doesn't mean it's a guaranteed loss.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Based on what is the doom and gloom? We've had about 4 stinker games all year, last night included, and that was against one of the strongest teams in the NHL in their own building.

We can beat anyone in the playoffs. Will we? No way to know until the games are played. But that doesn't mean it's a guaranteed loss.

I don't think we've even had 4 stinkers this year. And I guess I'm in the minority but I don't understand how anyone could consider last night a "stinker". Yes, we blew the lead, but it was a 4-4 tie on the road against probably the best team in the league- blown lead or not that's not a stinker- a blowout loss is.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I don't think we've even had 4 stinkers this year. And I guess I'm in the minority but I don't understand how anyone could consider last night a "stinker". Yes, we blew the lead, but it was a 4-4 tie on the road against probably the best team in the league- blown lead or not that's not a stinker- a blowout loss is.
Last night "stunk" because we lost the way we did but give me 4 goals and a 3-0 lead in Chicago every time. Not a stinker IMO.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014

This. Re-arrange the goals and this looks like a good game against the best team in the league in their barn. In only looks bad because both teams scored their first three goals in bunches. The play was actually pretty even, when you take the whole game in to consideration.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If we can't hold a 3-0 regular season lead vs the Hawks in their barn, I'm not terribly encouraged at what the team will do against them come playoff time when the pressure is really on.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
If we can't hold a 3-0 regular season lead vs the Hawks in their barn, I'm not terribly encouraged at what the team will do against them come playoff time when the pressure is really on.

Getting to a 3-0 lead alone is a great thing. You have to give the Blackhawks their credit. They put on a serious press in the second to bring the game back to being competative. Rinne wasn't at his best imo and we still took one if not the best team in hockey right now to overtime. I am still very impressed with the way our team is playing. For anyone to even be this disappointed after a shootout loss against the hawks says a lot about how far this team has come in a short time. Do people really think we are going to win every game? Do people really think it is that easy to win in Chicago? I mean I was frustrated when we lost but I don't see how anyone could be all boohoo the sky is falling after this game...

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
People are actually afraid of Winnipeg? What?

They might beat us, but I say bring 'em on. They are decidedly the worst possible divisional opponent we will see, and they have no experience in the post season, as a team, at all. None.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Only team I'm afraid to play in the playoffs is San jose. We match up well against every one else in the west. You get in and it's anyones series.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
People are actually afraid of Winnipeg? What?

They might beat us, but I say bring 'em on. They are decidedly the worst possible divisional opponent we will see, and they have no experience in the post season, as a team, at all. None.
While I'm not afraid of Winnipeg at this point, a team can still be dangerous in the playoffs even if they suck. I'm looking at you, Coyotes and Mike Smith's scientifically impossible stretch of 11 games in the playoffs.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
WPG is the 2nd easiest remotely possible opponent available; best would be CGY if we finished top in the West and the Pacific placed five teams due to points (long shot right now). We've actually had problems with CGY this year, but it doesn't mean I want to play CHI before them.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
This. Re-arrange the goals and this looks like a good game against the best team in the league in their barn. In only looks bad because both teams scored their first three goals in bunches. The play was actually pretty even, when you take the whole game in to consideration.

Just rearrange the goals and never give up a multigoal lead ... ok.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
If you arent feeling let down after this game - you didnt watch it. The Blackhawks straight up over powered us in the 2nd and we spent the third in a cat fight for momentum. We had them not just on, but between the ropes, and we let them climb back up. We did not have an answer for their 'other gear'. That other gear by the way is what we should expect to see full time in the post season. Still, I believe our team is good enough in a series to find a way to win. Because I am an irrational observer (i.e. Fan) while others attempt to be some sort of unpaid sports reporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad