OT: Your Post is a GOAT!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Since it's the summer and it's slow around here, I thought this may be a cool idea. Post your all time best post, could be where you called a trade in advance, or where you totally owned someone, or whatever.

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'll start it off, around the time of the Vancouver riots, most of Calgary fans on here were cheering for the Nucks to lose. One Nucks fan came on our board because him and his buddies got jumped for wearing their Nucks jerseys at a bar. He had some pretty strong comments to say about Calgarians. A couple of weeks later, the Vancouver riots started and I completely re-wrote his post and twisted it on him.

Anyways here it is, I had to go back and search a ways:

Serious question here, but what's with you guys? Out last night in Calgary took nothing but crap and after I left the guys I was hanging out with got jumped by a bunch of Flames fans for wearing a Canucks jersey, the other guy is actually a Flames fans. 6 guys beat them pretty bad, one guy just coming out of hospital this morning. Luckily someone took a pic of a license plate, so it ain't over. All over a jersey. Cowards.

Why? Because we have a chance to win the Cup? Pathetic. Obviously a few bad apples blah blah, but look at this thread! When the Flames were on their run, Vancouver was supportive, if anything, uninterested.

My question is, why is it so different in this scenario? Why are Flames/Oilers' fans so concerned with us losing, when in past years when you've had your shot we had better things to do? It seems very petty and sad from where I sit.

Posted by MVW

Serious question here, but what's with you Nucks fans? Last night the Canucks lose the Cup, and a bunch of Nucks fans rioted, trashed, and set parts of the city on fire! Cowards. Some people got beat pretty bad and around 100 people had to be rushed to the hospital and 150 arrests were made with more to come. Pathetic. Obviously there are few bad apples and not all Nucks fans are like that, blah, blah, blah. My question is, why is it such different scenerios? When the Flames lost the Cup in 04', we had class and no one rioted. It seems very sad from where I sit.

Wow, pretty easy to reverse the roles isn't it? I think its awful what happened in Vancouver last night, not just because of the rioting but because of the black eye that city is going to get. I have lots of family in Vancouver and I can honestly say that those actions do not represent all of the people in Vancouver and BC. There truly are some bad apples in every fan base and the rioters in Van last night can be chalked up to a bunch of druken idiots. I hope that the Vancouver police hold the people for the riots last night accountable, because no hockey fan of any team needs that stigma attached to them.

Our comments in here were towards the Canucks are not out of poor sportsmanship, but rather in direct regards to our biggest rival. When you sterotype and try to catergorize people you often look like an ass. Hopefully this teaches this young laddy a lesson.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I think my best post comes down to two. I'm not going to attempt to track them down, as they were both in GTD's.

1. Flames were losing badly, horrible on the faceoffs. Offensive zone draw, flames won it, and the defensemen just stood there as the puck left the zone. My comment was along the lines of "We're so bad at faceoffs the defensemen don't even expect us to win them".

2. One year, the powerplay was horrid. I used this gif to describe the Flames powerplay attempts.
2hyBM.gif

May 27, 2012
Earth
I have some posts chirping other posters.

This was my favourite one when Feaster was fired. He called Feaster a bonehead lol.

The only bonehead here is you

Too bad it was deleted :laugh:

I also chirped some fellow flames fans and a other couple people over a trade proposal.

I said something like " at least GMs in this league have a sense of reality". DBU might remember lol.

I also said this a month ago.

cDiudJu.jpg

Aug 3, 2010
I don't think I've ever had a great post. Which really is probably for the best. Happy to revel in others, though.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I think the best was a tag-team effort between me and Skobel, back when I was Tom Brostopolous and we were posting gifs from westerns, and then we had nothing but moustaches in that GDT. For the rest of November (it was early November, IIRC), we had the Movember GDT's.

Other than that, I don't think I have any "best" post.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think I may have called the Stajan signing & term within a few hundred thousand dollars.

Too lazy to go find the post though.

I guess that he signs a four year deal, $3 milion aav.

Here ya go. Little off on the money (3.125), but I remember you posting this. Your bold prediction was the term which you nailed. That was a good call Stewie!

Wasn't it Nordberg that called us drafting Janko?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Here ya go. Little off on the money (3.125), but I remember you posting this. Your bold prediction was the term which you nailed. That was a good call Stewie!

Wasn't it Nordberg that called us drafting Janko?

Actually, I remember a Montreal fan before the draft called us picking Jankowski as he was a perfect high risk pick for us, he even predicted we would move back in the draft and pick him up. Wish I could find the post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad