Your Pick For Sochi 2014

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Kovalchuk-Malkin-Ovechkin is a better line on paper.

It might be true in real, but on paper ? Come on...

Tavares, Stamkos and Crosby will not play together anyway... so it might be Tavares - Crosby - Nash or E.Staal - Crosby - Nash and that's maybe not better on paper but could be better on ice easily.

// not mention that the Ovechkin-Malkin line was almost invisible against Canada's lines in Vancouver.

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
USA SWE in the gold medal game.

I think Swedish D will be terrific on the big ice.

Fulcrum

Russian top 6 is still very solid.
Kovalchuk-Malkin-Radulov
Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Semin

The difference between the 2010 and the upcoming is that instead of the aging Morozovs, Kozlovs and Fedorovs we'll have a younger more dynamic 3rd and 4th with the likes of Anisimov, Kuznetsov maybe Tarasenko and some really quality checkers in the likes of Tereschenko.

The defensive system for big ice has worked magic in WC where the team conceded very very few goals.

The Goalies are as good as ever for Russia.

I'm simply saying that it'll be a very competitive team to say the least. IMO, better than 2010 on paper, and most certainly better tactics/coaching wise.

Turrican*

Hopefully Russia rolls the same lines over and over again like in 2010.
So we can match their lines and pad our stats.

Fulcrum

Hopefully Russia rolls the same lines over and over again like in 2010.
So we can match their lines and pad our stats.

Hopefully Canadian coaches think that Russia will play the same way so Russia can surprise and whoop them.

But I doubt they are stupid enough to think that Russia will play even remotely close to the way they did in Vancouver. They would have to completely ignore what's been done in the last few years.

Turrican*

Hopefully Canadian coaches think that Russia will play the same way so Russia can surprise and whoop them.
But I doubt they are stupid enough to think that Russia will play even remotely close to the way they did in Vancouver. They would have to completely ignore what's been done in the last few years.

I hope not....

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

Tavares = Kovalchuk

Crosby > Malkin

Stamkos < Ovechkin

Pretty even matchup if you ask me. However, Canada has better depth. We'll have guys like Getzlaf, Perry, E. Staal, and Toews on our third and fourth lines.

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
Canada is obviously the most powerful team. No question about it.
2nd-4th can be anyone - USA, Sweden, Finland, Slovakia, Czech.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad