Speculation: Your perfect off season (realistically)

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Mentioned this a few times on other threads, but throw it all together here.

Fowler for 8th + Foligno + Cornel/Bailey
Stoner + 30th for 2nd round pick
Trade Pirri's rights for another forward or pick

Draft one of Keller / Nylander / Jost

Re-sign Perron 5x5
Re-sign Holzer .950x2
Sign Lindholm 6x6
Sign Rakell 2.75x2
Sign Foligno 2.5x4

Perron - Getzlaf - X
Foligno - Rakell - Perry
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
Garbutt - Wagner - X

X:
8th draft pick (for at least 9 games)
Ritchie
Cornel/Bailey
Noeson
Kerdiles
Cheap UFA signing

Lindholm - Manson
Despres - Vatanen
Theodore - Bieksa
Holzer
Montour(when needed)

Gibson
$2mil G

If I did the math correctly that puts us at approximately $70 million for this year. Think we could backload a few contracts or maybe get a couple signings for cheaper.

Last edited:

mytduxfan*

Re-sign Perron 5x5
Re-sign Holzer .950x2
Sign Lindholm 6x6
Sign Rakell 2.75x2
Sign Foligno 2.5x4

Perron - Getzlaf - X
Foligno - Rakell - Perry
Garbutt - Wagner - X

X:
Ritchie
Cornel/Bailey
Noeson
Kerdiles
Cheap UFA signing

Lindholm - Manson
Despres - Vatanen
Theodore - Bieksa
Holzer
Montour(when needed)

Gibson
$2mil G

If I did the math correctly that puts at approximately $70 millon for this year. Think we could backload a few contracts or maybe get a couple signings for cheaper.

Foligno got paid 2.25M last season, he's not accepting a contract of 2.5 x 4. That's totally unrealistic.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Foligno got paid 2.25M last season, he's not accepting a contract of 2.5 x 4. That's totally unrealistic.

His offensive numbers haven't improved that much for 3 years now, and he's still an RFA. I don't see how he'd be getting more than that. He might not sign for 4 years, but think the $ is right on.

mytduxfan*

Let's hear it....

Still waiting to hear from you about your "realistic" off-season... go ahead.

His offensive numbers haven't improved that much for 3 years now, and he's still an RFA. I don't see how he'd be getting more than that. He might not sign for 4 years, but think the $ is right on.

I know... and you want him to play on our 2nd line. Gotta say, I'm not loving that idea... like at all. Would rather have Ritchie playing top 6 and developing, but you don't even have him in the team.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
my desired off-season?

For Murray not to be dumb enough to cripple our defense by trading Fowler for futures. Add assets to Stoner and others before doing that. Our time is now. We don't need another prospect at the expense of a vital player to our success.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Still waiting to hear from you about your "realistic" off-season... go ahead.

I know... and you want him to play on our 2nd line. Gotta say, I'm not loving that idea... like at all. Would rather have Ritchie playing top 6 and developing, but you don't even have him in the team.

I have Foligno in our balanced top 9... If you don't think he's good enough for that or like his offense, how is he worth more than 2.5 as an RFA?

And Ritchie is my first X, even though I'd prefer him to stay in the AHL and develop.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
my desired off-season?

For Murray not to be dumb enough to cripple our defense by trading Fowler for futures. Add assets to Stoner and others before doing that. Our time is now. We don't need another prospect at the expense of a vital player to our success.

What happens in two years when Fowler walks cause we can't afford him? How will that be for asset management?

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

Re-sign Perron 5x5
Re-sign Holzer .950x2
Sign Lindholm 6x6
Sign Rakell 2.75x2
Sign Foligno 2.5x4

Perron - Getzlaf - X
Foligno - Rakell - Perry
Garbutt - Wagner - X

X:
Ritchie
Cornel/Bailey
Noeson
Kerdiles
Cheap UFA signing

Lindholm - Manson
Despres - Vatanen
Theodore - Bieksa
Holzer
Montour(when needed)

Gibson
$2mil G

If I did the math correctly that puts us at approximately $70 million for this year. Think we could backload a few contracts or maybe get a couple signings for cheaper.

I like everything you have here except I'd want to trade fowler for an elc that can play on the Rakell line to save money and then sign a Ufa for the Getzlaf line.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Maybe even package fowler and Montour for a promising young forward on an elc. We just don't have much room for montour.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Trade fowler for 8+larsson
Trade bieksa
Sign lucic/erikson

Rak-getz-perry
Loui/lucic-kes-silf
Garb-larsson-cogs
Ritchie-wagner-thompson-noesen

Lindholm-manson
Despres-vat
Theo-stoner
Holzer

Last edited:

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
Trade bieksa
Sign lucic/erikson

Rak-getz-perry
Loui/lucic-kes-cogs
Garb-larsson-cogs

Lindholm-manson
Despres-vat
Theo-stoner
Holzer

double shifting Cogs? I know dude has unreal conditioning, but I doubt even he can do that lol

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
What happens in two years when Fowler walks cause we can't afford him? How will that be for asset management?

We can look at that next off-season. It gives us another year with a stronger defense, and it gives Theo a full year to develop in a lesser role. Return may not be as good but it's worth taking another cup run, due to the aging core.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
We can look at that next off-season. It gives us another year with a stronger defense, and it gives Theo a full year to develop in a lesser role. Return may not be as good but it's worth taking another cup run, due to the aging core.

It's a good point, but if don't win the cup... It's bad asset management. Shattenkirk return will be important if BM is gauging keeping Fowler.. If we do keep him one more year, owners need to pony up and really go for the cup

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
It's a good point, but if don't win the cup... It's bad asset management. Shattenkirk return will be important if BM is gauging keeping Fowler.. If we do keep him one more year, owners need to pony up and really go for the cup

I will never get mad at Murray for paying to take a run at the cup. Not with an aging core. Our chances aren't going to be any better next offseason. He needs to recognize this. I'm fine with trading Fowler, but not for futures. Give us something that makes us better now. Even if we have to add substantially. Hall, Landeskog, Duchene, or RNH. These should be the targets. While we don't know if they want Fowler, we do know they need a top 3 defenseman badly.

mytduxfan*

Trade bieksa
Sign lucic/erikson

Rak-getz-perry
Loui/lucic-kes-silf
Garb-larsson-cogs

Lindholm-manson
Despres-vat
Theo-stoner
Holzer

Want. Well played sir.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
My perfect offseason involves the team spending to the cap and going for a Cup this year.

Oh, you said "realistically"...

I guess signing Lindholm and Rakell, and trading Fowler (sigh) for a scoring winger.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Trade bieksa
Sign lucic/erikson

Rak-getz-perry
Loui/lucic-kes-silf
Garb-larsson-cogs

Lindholm-manson
Despres-vat
Theo-stoner
Holzer

This is supposed to be realistic, I thought. Trading Bieksa and winning a bidding war for one of Lucic or Eriksson, well, it would be kind to call that a pipe dream

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Basically we're need three positions outright (2 lws or 1 3c, and 1 a back up goaltender) ritchie, noesen, theodore can all reasonably help the fourth line and third pairing, respectively. How we trade our 2 defenseman and get these two forwards is up to BM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad