Your Offseason Slogan

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
We all know the Wings will do what they're going to do, whether that agrees or disagrees with our individual thoughts. But if you could implement a motto or slogan for this summer, on how the franchise operates, what would it be? "Stamkos or bust"? "Play the kids"? "Cleary's Return"? :sarcasm:

For me, it's probably something like, "You're part of the (next) core, or you're part of the problem". Test the kids to see who's a keeper, make trades to bolster long-term additions, and get rid of guys you don't need long-term, as long as it doesn't cost assets that you'll need in 3-5 years.

But what's your slogan?

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Mine is: Fix it or burn it down.

Either get Stamkos & a good young dman or properly tank which means dealing off anyone of value not named Mantha, Larkin, Mrazek, AA, DD. Get as many picks as possible and set yourself up for a top 5 pick.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
"Stay the course, big Ken. You're doin' super! "

CMOIC8sWEAAY6Cs.png

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015

Either get Stamkos & a good young dman or properly tank which means dealing off anyone of value not named Mantha, Larkin, Mrazek, AA, DD. Get as many picks as possible and set yourself up for a top 5 pick.

100% agree, well said

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

If you're going to properly tank, you're also dealing off those guys.

A proper tank takes 4-5 years of being at the bottom or near to it. Sometimes it can take as long as a decade before you're ready to contend again.

By the time the team is ready to contend again after a proper tank and rebuild those guys will have left as UFA's anyways.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
"At least we're not Columbus". But, I have to say, I don't have the same level of trepidation many here have.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
If you're going to properly tank, you're also dealing off those guys.

A proper tank takes 4-5 years of being at the bottom or near to it. Sometimes it can take as long as a decade before you're ready to contend again.

By the time the team is ready to contend again after a proper tank and rebuild those guys will have left as UFA's anyways.

I disagree except on maybe DD as he is older than the other guys. The rest are late teens /early 20s. This team is really a top end dman and another top end center from competing. I think we have a future 1 center in Larkin, a franchise goalie in Mrazek, and 3 guys I think could be top 6 wingers in Svech, Mantha, and AA. Then you have some solid depth guys in Bert, Sadowy, Ville, etc.

You give this team 2 or 3 top 5s and I think they are competing sooner rather than later. What we don't have is elite middle age talent. Z, Dats, Kroner are too old. Larks and Pete are still too young. The Wings aren't starting a rebuild from scratch. You just need some luck drafting, and that is easier with a top 5 pick. Nyquist, Sheahan, Tats, Jurco, Pulu, Abby, Helm, Marchy, DD are all guys that would bring back solid assets and will probably be too expensive to keep in a rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad