GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. the New York Islanders - NO SLEEP TILL

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
How's he gonna write it off early? The only pending UFA's he can trade who might have value are Keith (who they might not want to trade if Cory is just gonna be a jabroni), and NoJo who they'd be lucky to get a 3 for at this point.

You forgot about Lovejoy. He’s a cup winning RHD. Those don’t grow on trees. If Larsson returned Hall I’d expect a team that wants to win now like TB to offer someone like Johnson or Point and maybe a second round pick also to make up the value difference.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
You forgot about Lovejoy. He’s a cup winning RHD. Those don’t grow on trees. If Larsson returned Hall I’d expect a team that wants to win now like TB to offer someone like Johnson or Point and maybe a second round pick also to make up the value difference.

if lovejoy somehow got us brayden point in a trade ray shero keeps his job until he dies and no one is ever allowed to question him ever again, not even a fan.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zacha has been the biggest disappointment for me out of everything to start the season. He starts the season with no points in 10 games, it completely neuters second line scoring, now we have Zajac playing down there and that takes away from the third line scoring. I think the D has been surprisingly solid. Lovejoy looks to be shot and it sucks. I thought he was okay last season and took too much vitriol from people. He’s been a murder scene to start this year. We also have too many AHL forwards. We didn’t have any of that last year. Not this early in the campaign. Dea, Gabriel, Stafford, Rooney. We’ve had three of them in the lineup for some of these recent games and at least two in every game since the 4-0-0 start ended. Noesen has also disappointed. He was solid last season. Maybe the injury?
Definitely think some of these forwards are watering things down. The fact of the matter is that we didn't have any forwards this bad that regularly played last year. As the season goes on, you expect a couple of these guys to get in, but some of these guys take me back to the days of Sergey Kalinin, Bobby Farnham, Jacob Josefson (Josefson is actually better than all of those guys and that's sad) and whatever was left of Ruutu's remains by 2016. I think Gibbons was the closest thing we had to any of these guys last year, outside of the few games Rooney got in the middle of the year. And Gibbons is still better than all of them, despite overachieving.

And we had Stafford last year, but he's another year older and another year even more useless. He sucked last year (after November), but he's even worse now.

And many people here complain about Boyle, who isn't nearly as bad as ANY of those guys. I think I'd take Nick Lappin over some of these guys.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
if lovejoy somehow got us brayden point in a trade ray shero keeps his job until he dies and no one is ever allowed to question him ever again, not even a fan.

Well seeing as TB would have to add a second a guy like Johnson or Point is the floor for a Lovejoy trade. If NJ spices up the trade with a proven vet like Stafford it wouldn’t surprise me if those two returned a player like Aho from CAR. I mean the Hurricanes new owner wants to win right now like Vegas and two proven vets with playoff experience are just the ticket to get them over the hump. If CAR played hardball maybe they demand Boyle instead of Stafford since Boyle is a center.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One thing I do think Hynes deserves to be critiqued for (perhaps Shero too) is why the hell do we call up Anderson and Seney to play 9-11 minutes? If we're gonna play these guys, just f***in play them.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Well if this gets Hynes seat a little warmer not the worst thing in the world

Camille the Eel

Right. But honestly that is a situation where a decision won’t need to be made until training camp next year.

In the meantime now is the time to be aggressive (if they can). A second line center would make the pieces fall back into place in terms of the plan.

I would make a move to offer sheet Nylander, however our third round pick is owned by Philly right now and we are never going to get that back to make it possible.
Actually I think we should decide who our best 20 guys are and stop fantasizing about trades. We then dress the best 18. Play the goalie who gives us the best chance on that night. Coaches job is to get the best possible performance from that lineup and give them the best chance to win. Back to basics. Don’t overthink. The next game is key.

This sounds overly simplistic but we need to go back to fundamentals. We aren’t going to go 0 and 71 for the rest of the season any more than we were going 82 - 0 after our start. Reduce the game to its simplest level.

This is a coaching problem above all right now. This is where Hynes needs to earn his money by steadying everyone and getting us back to playing our best hockey shift after shift.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
This loss is the perfect example of not creating scoring chances because the top 6 are busy worrying about covering the D for their undoubted mistakes and lack of coverage that there's not 3 guys attacking the zone to create legit chances. The best and almost only real clear chances were NYI big time mistakes and turning the puck over.

4 offensive zone penalties (was Hall's when he was double shifted? I forget...) speak volumes about the bottom 6 trying to do too much because the top 6 can't afford to go all out or we get in a hole quick. Goaltending is not this team's issue (yet), top 6 isn't (yet). Top 4 D IS, bottom 6 depth is.

Someone remind me how awesome Shero is so I can hear the cavalry cresting the hill soon because I don't hear crap except our D going to the bench to get a crapload of dimes to get around this toll booth.

And will Hynes ever throw in the towel and break up the top line? They are telling him in so many games that it doesn't matter if you front load the talent if they have to cover up for the D's lacking.

Reactions: liquid1988 and tr83

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If you can’t handle a few bad games, you really might need to consider another past time.
To be fair when my Sabres come out tomorrow and lay an egg at MSG with me there (which I 100% expect because f*** me) my reaction probably won't be far off from his tonight.

Reactions: Bleedred

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
hall/hischier/palms splits:

home:
hall: 2/8/+4
hischier: 3/5/+6
palms: 8/5/+5

13g 18a +15

away:
hall: 0/3/-7
hischier: 0/2/-9
palms: 1/0/-6

1g 5a -22

not f***ing rocket science. hire me hynes.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
first line is the worst line we have away from home. kinda pathetic.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
To be fair when my Sabres come out tomorrow and lay an egg at MSG with me there (which I 100% expect because **** me) my reaction probably won't be far off from his tonight.
Oh dear god. I'm going to root for the Sabres tomorrow, harder than I'll ever root for them. Because if they lose, I KNOW I'm gonna suffer through this

49811.jpg

Three wins in a row for the Rags. They're looking like a solid club lately and playing some real good hockey. They now have more points and wins than we do. I said before the season started that they'd finish ahead of us and this forum laughed. It's looking like a reality now.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
:laugh: what an effort. Our team is playing just as crappy as this roster can i.e. our coaching staff isnt getting any upside out of them. We have not been even controlling the game in these losses nor been even dangerous at all. Something is wrong with the way this team is coached.

Reactions: Cult of Hynes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad