Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Let's win this one for FDR!

That's Franklin Delano Romanowski

emPC4L.gif

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Even if not for that brutal call they still lose imo. We had a completely broken Kovy and the team overall was really banged up. On top of that, Kings were just a way better team.

But yes, that call has no place in the game (after the non call), typical nhl though for ya

Would've been nice to get something out of Parise that entire playoffs 5v5. We win that year, Kovy wins the Conn Smyth and probably could've f***ed off to Russia without a care in the world from us Devils fans

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
That team was carried by Kovy and the 4th line. Kovy could barely move by the time they went to the finals (well not literally but he was extremely banged up). Quick was way better than Marty at the time too. The Kings were well rested. I don't think they stood a chance honestly.

Kings were definitely much better rested. They had swept the previous series and they were waiting for eons for us to finish ours, and as luck would have it the NHL I think, gave us only 2 or 3 days turnaround

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I’ll always dislike this team for ruining our fairytale run in 2012. I LOVE that team. Probably my favorite.

Me too, one of my favorite seasons, despite the end. I remember it well.

Really disliked the kings for a long time. It wore off a bit but took probably 8 years.

Devils debut red chrome helmets tonight to mess with us. 😎

Now I want to see red chrome helmets..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad