GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Edmonton Oilers, 1 PM, MSG+: Another New Year Awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The Oilers have been horrendously mismanaged for decades and it starts at the top with ownership. They've made horrendous trades and signings.

The cautionary tale with them is about depth. You can't win with two or three good players, you need an entire lineup. Edmonton got caught chasing the "We NeEd ToUgHnEsS" mindset and it didn't make a difference for them because they're a one line team. Chasing big guys only ruined their cap and prevented them from signing the scoring and defensive depth they actually needed to win games.

Which is why I get a laugh when people say "Hughes and Hischier aren't enough," because even if they were Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl it still wouldn't be enough. You need the other 16 skaters to pull their weight too. It's a team sport.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I for one am very excited for the measured and reasonable twitter takes insisting that it's all thanks to Nas and Ruff was the problem the whole time if we somehow win today.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Happy New Year's Eve friends. Here's to another great year of Devils' hockey

giphy.gif

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I for one am very excited for the measured and reasonable twitter takes insisting that it's all thanks to Nas and Ruff was the problem the whole time if we somehow win today.

Between the improved PK and results during Lindy's quarantine, Nas could get another extension :skeptic:

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
LGD! Great time for game.

Happy new year guys! Hope we will enter it with a great new habit.
Like we said - as you celebrate\meet the new year, so you will spend it.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
McDavid and Draisaitl can't score if we win the faceoff 60% of the time they're out there

s1gpfnl0j8j61.jpg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Mike Smith STILL looks like a big tub of lard in his gear after all these years. And the big Patrick Roy oversized jersey.

I remember when people thought Lundqvist was bloated looking and Luongo too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad