GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Buffalo Sabres, 7 PM, MSG, Hockey Fights Cancer Night at the Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Nico knocking on the locker room door:

e6b00957b6e6b6329d5aac0fe9155b70b362428b.gif

The boys:

shoresy-laura-mohr.gif

swiiscompos

Dec 9, 2018
London, UK
Where I'm from it's a bit of a sin to like Tears for Fears. They have a bit of a Portsmouth connection, I'm Southampton.

I love Tears for Fears. Keep that one quiet.
What are you doing being awake at that time XD??
By the way, is Southampton worth visiting? I have a few more months in the UK and would love to see a bit more of the country (I’ve been pretty bad with that since moving to London).

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I haven’t been watching the games because 1) I have to do it illegally and 2) they’ve been playing like booty, so the juice isn’t worth the squeeze; however, it seems like Luke/colin are balling out and Holtz has found his niche? Is that accurate? And what happened to Lazar and is Timo alive?

Reactions: Guadana

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I haven’t been watching the games because 1) I have to do it illegally and 2) they’ve been playing like booty, so the juice isn’t worth the squeeze; however, it seems like Luke/colin are balling out and Holtz has found his niche? Is that accurate? And what happened to Lazar and is Timo alive?

According to Ruffs Post game, it's not about Miller (with Luke) - Miller is better with him though. Lindy said it's more about Luke knowing when the right moments are to simplify his game and he's trying to get that message across that in this league people are watching you. Something along the lines of people pre-scout your tendencies (Lukes cool moves) and he needs to know that people are anticipating them.

Holtz has been good. Coming into his own with those goals. Goals look like his own but reminding me a bit of Zetterlund style. Finding those spots.

No one knows what happened to Lazar. Timo is skating - maybe ready soon. Haula was mysteriously out in the 3rd yesterday with an injury.

Edit: And Smith had a Jesus 4th line winger game. Guy was unreal...good. His best game as a Devil for sure. If I were Lindy I would keep him at 4th line wing. Literally played everything this team needs right now. Lol.

Last edited:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
The chicken littles can step back from the ledge now.

Long way to go, but this is the real team.
Ehhh...
We were absolutely awesome but Buffalo agreed before the game to play river hockey with us, we had Smith step up and Nicoboost.

Beat down the Isles with their structure and Flyers with their jerkoffs...and don't play down to the Sharks and I'm feeling a whole lot better that we are going to make the playoffs.

Get (allegedly) outgoalied on the island, get knocked around by the Flyers or God forbid lose to the Sharks and Blackwood, and I'm back on the ledge.

Ps loved Holtz's game for like the first time. He's had flashes in most games this season but today he looked like an nhler all over the ice.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
People can cite the record with the big two but literally the only reason they were winning games early on was because Jack and the PP were both otherworldly.

Hopefully they finally got it through their thick skulls they have to actually play defense and play more than 20-25 minutes a night, then they should be able to get on a run if the goaltending doesn't hold them back anyway. And no the goaltending wasn't the entire reason they were losing the last few weeks either.
This this this.
I think they're doing and saying the right things, and along with a couple of stinkers I think they've had two or even three of their most complete games this season in the last 5 or 6.

Lots to be optimistic about.

Reactions: Rhodes 81

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Ehhh...
We were absolutely awesome but Buffalo agreed before the game to play river hockey with us, we had Smith step up and Nicoboost.

Beat down the Isles with their structure and Flyers with their jerkoffs...and don't play down to the Sharks and I'm feeling a whole lot better that we are going to make the playoffs.

Get (allegedly) outgoalied on the island, get knocked around by the Flyers or God forbid lose to the Sharks and Blackwood, and I'm back on the ledge.

Ps loved Holtz's game for like the first time. He's had flashes in most games this season but today he looked like an nhler all over the ice.
They’re home against the Islanders. Regardless, getting goalied by Sorokin would not be an indictment of this team. If you use that as a reason for being back on the ledge it just shows the emotional nature of the fan base and why there’s no objectivity.

We’re incredibly fortunate to have an adult making the decisions.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
According to Ruffs Post game, it's not about Miller (with Luke) - Miller is better with him though. Lindy said it's more about Luke knowing when the right moments are to simplify his game and he's trying to get that message across that in this league people are watching you. Something along the lines of people pre-scout your tendencies (Lukes cool moves) and he needs to know that people are anticipating them.

Holtz has been good. Coming into his own with those goals. Goals look like his own but reminding me a bit of Zetterlund style. Finding those spots.

No one knows what happened to Lazar. Timo is skating - maybe ready soon. Haula was mysteriously out in the 3rd yesterday with an injury.

Edit: And Smith had a Jesus 4th line winger game. Guy was unreal...good. His best game as a Devil for sure. If I were Lindy I would keep him at 4th line wing. Literally played everything this team needs right now. Lol.
For you younger guys, he looks a little like Mike Bossy with that quick release. A little.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
They’re home against the Islanders. Regardless, getting goalied by Sorokin would not be an indictment of this team. If you use that as a reason for being back on the ledge it just shows the emotional nature of the fan base and why there’s no objectivity.

We’re incredibly fortunate to have an adult making the decisions.
Hahaha. Yeah but you missed my 'outgoalied' quotation marks. I don't think we're getting outgoalied. I think we're outshittying the other team defensively on a nightly basis and that's impossible to do with Buffalo and the Sharks.

I'm just saying... If we give up 3+ goals against the offense challenged Isles, it might not matter what we do.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Hahaha. Yeah but you missed my 'outgoalied' quotation marks. I don't think we're getting outgoalied. I think we're outshittying the other team defensively on a nightly basis and that's impossible to do with Buffalo and the Sharks.

I'm just saying... If we give up 3+ goals against the offense challenged Isles, it might not matter what we do.
What’s encouraging is that they gave up nada last night. 11-12 shots against. What’s not is that 2 goals were scored by Buffalo. Solid defensive effort, but it definitely feels like the vast majority of high danger chances or difficult shots are in the back of the net.

I know you hate the goalie talk and before I get a reply saying the goals last night weren’t on Vitek, I agree. It’s still frustrating to have a solid effort like last night defensively and have 2 GA and your goalie under .900 sv%. Also an indictment we can give up 2-3 goals even with a solid defensive effort.

They can definitely build off of an effort like last night, and we still have reinforcements coming. Buffalo has beaten some good teams this year, we shouldn’t dismiss this game because of the opponent.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

We all understand that you don't think goalies have inherent skill and so a goaltender outplaying another is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad