GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Nashville Predators, 8 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
The goaltending the last few games is actually a point in favor of the people saying the system was killing the goalies.

In this small recent sample, the goalies look better after the system changed.

Both people are right. Vitek sucks and getting a new goalie with the old system wouldn't have changed anything. I don't think there was a single person saying Vitek is a good goalie though, just for some reason people kept crying about getting a new goalie as if that was the only problem.

Now that they finally fixed the root issue, or so we think....let's get another goalie to replace Vitek k? :)

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I think @guitarguyvic was the one beating the drum for the System being the cause moreso than just Vitek sucking donkey dong. (maybe I'm wrong and it was someone else that mentioned it?)

Several of us have been saying it.

I think playing more zone means the team knows where the support for the puck is more quickly.

When the defenders were chasing the puck around you never knew where anyone was without looking all around. The defenders would also bunch up when chasing, I think they’re more spread out now so the puck can be moved out of pressure without firing it into the neutral zone.

They actually look like a team now. But I'll be honest...gunna take a handful of games to get rid of my anxiety any time they're in the defensive zone.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_3793.jpeg

5.57 lmao

Great performance on the road against a rested team on a B2B

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The goaltending the last few games is actually a point in favor of the people saying the system was killing the goalies.

In this small recent sample, the goalies look better after the system changed.

It's also in the favor of the people saying that this coaching staff stood idle and pissed away a month or two of the season before making changes. Also there's no reason they couldn't do this after the mediocre games they were having the first month and a half. That's why the angst towards the coaching staff came from.

View attachment 819364

5.57 lmao

Great performance on the road against a rested team on a B2B

Absolutely demolished and if you're the Predators, how isn't Saros already traded? The team is in need of a dire rebuild with how f***ing old they are on the backend and forward wise. They're a better version of the 13-17 Devils at this rate

Last edited:

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
My thoughts and takesways:
I really think that putting up thst zero against Carolina was big for this group. I'm thinking coming off of that they felt more encouraged than discouraged and it has carried over. We all know the goals will come with this team.

Last night's game. They go into a rested teams building and the second half of a B2B and completely come in waves and waves of offensive chances and shots. While doing this they don't get completely goalied. They didn't have the brutal breakdowns and softie from their netminder that would have made the game get away from them like they did vs Calgary. That was last years Devils type of shit out there. Maybe just maybe they have their swagger back and Lindy can make us sorry again! LFGD!

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Fat drunk Ozzy is the best Ozzy.

There's skinny Ozzy
Short haired Ozzy
Glam Ozzy
Grandpa Ozzy
Dementia Ozzy

But the fat drunk Ozzy is the best Ozzy.
I actually had seats for the first Sabbath reunion tour back in 1999, and they were behind the stage. I remember Bill Ward looking like Mel from Mel's Diner, but more to the point, I remember where they would normally have studio monitors (so he could hear himself singing), they had teleprompters with the lyrics. I guess his brain was so fried he couldn't remember the lyrics anymore.

It was like he was singing Ozzyokie.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Still, it gets tiring reading the only reason we were good last year because of the genius in Nashville who's done nothing better than par performances as a head coach.

I agree with you, and further I can't see how we were out coached at all last game. We came, wave after wave, of offense for most of the game. It wasn't Lindys fault the team didn't bury their early chances early on. The only gripe would be PP execution or player management of PP personnel. Looks like we had outclassed Nashville with the speed and 'throw pucks into areas we can out stake them' idea. It clearly worked because we generated so many rushes

The system tweak really showed up again. There were at least 2 or 3 key moments where that player covering the slot area cleaned up for an easier puck gain and breakout. While earlier in the season that area would be open for a guy strolling right in.

Lindy is a feast of famine coach for fans here. He's been in the famine bucket for this season, but if this team rises above the challenges he should get some feasting again. I can't attribute last season to some random miracle. Ruff was a huge part of that record season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It's also in the favor of the people saying that this coaching staff stood idle and pissed away a month or two of the season before making changes. Also there's no reason they couldn't do this after the mediocre games they were having the first month and a half. That's why the angst towards the coaching staff came from.

Absolutely demolished and if you're the Predators, how isn't Saros already traded? The team is in need of a dire rebuild with how f***ing old they are on the backend and forward wise. They're a better version of the 13-17 Devils at this rate
At this point? Hard to argue a change shouldn’t have happened earlier.

But no good coach is changing a system a month into a season coming off a great season a year before.

Better late then never though. And some props to the old dog for not being too stubborn.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Still, it gets tiring reading the only reason we were good last year because of the genius in Nashville who's done nothing better than par performances as a head coach.

It’s the absolute lamest narrative that people put out there. I liked Brunette, and yes ideally, he was Lindy’s built-in successor. But not a soul has any idea what impact he truly had aside from just assuming our record regular season must have been his influence since we (somewhat naturally, given it would’ve been tough to match last years regular season performance) regressed this season.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Saturday’s game isn't the season, still a lot of hockey left and the boys are picking up steam, but it’d be nice to win that one.

The vibes at that game are going to be much higher than I would have thought going into the season. With the Flyers being much better than anyone thought, and both of us jockeying for that third spot in the division, our fans are going to be rowdy. I can’t wait for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad