GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Montreal Canadiens, Bell Centre, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Do people actually believe Ruutu v. random other 4th liner has any effect on how many goals we score?

When he's playing above the 4th line I ABSOLUTELY think he does.

And I would also say he does on the 4th line too.

I watched him kill a couple good chances playing with Palmieri and Zajac against the Ducks.

He also SLOWS the lineup down significantly, as did Elias when he was in. But Elias actually produced once in a while.

He doesn't fit this system at all, if any system due to being completely finished and washed up as an NHL player. I think Hynes sees it too. It took useless Sislo to have to insert Ruutu back in there.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is the same board that tried to claim that Cory Schneider was somehow holding back the team's offense in 13-14 due to the goals scored discrepancy with him and Brodeur in net, so I'm actually not surprised.

I was never one of those.

I don't think a goaltender has any effect on a teams offense whatsoever.

A forward on the other hand, especially when playing in the top 6.

What is so good about Ruutu? There is nothing.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
When he's playing above the 4th line I ABSOLUTELY think he does.

And I would also say he does on the 4th line too.

I watched him kill a couple good chances playing with Palmieri and Zajac against the Ducks.

He also SLOWS the lineup down significantly, as did Elias when he was in. But Elias actually produced once in a while.

Any fourth liner being placed in the top nine will hurt offensive production.

But Ruutu v. O'Neill v. Sislo v. Farnham v. Tootoo v. Gionta does not matter from an offensive standpoint. Over the course of the year you're talking like one goal, maybe two.

I agree that Ruutu is bad this year, but it is no great calamity to see him in the lineup over Sislo. It's more a testament to our poor offensive depth than it is an indication of Ruutu's ability.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Any fourth liner being placed in the top nine will hurt offensive production.

But Ruutu v. O'Neill v. Sislo v. Farnham v. Tootoo v. Gionta does not matter from an offensive standpoint. Over the course of the year you're talking like one goal, maybe two.

I agree that Ruutu is bad this year, but it is no great calamity to see him in the lineup over Sislo. It's more a testament to our poor offensive depth than it is an indication of Ruutu's ability.

And I truly believe that Ruutu is the worst forward on this team right now.

Probably even worse than Tootoo and Gionta. He's also the slowest and doesn't fit in this system, if any at all.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Well Ruutu does have the worst shot differential among any of our forwards this year. Then again he's only played 99 ES minutes.

But even if Ruutu is the worst forward we have, his inclusion in the lineup over someone like Sislo has such a small effect that it's not worth getting mad about. We played guys like Janssen and Boulton during the 11-12 regular season and it didn't effect the team much.

Winning comes down to your goaltender, your top six and your top four defensemen. Fourth liners contribute a win or two a year, but that's about it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well Ruutu does have the worst shot differential among any of our forwards this year. Then again he's only played 99 ES minutes.

But even if Ruutu is the worst forward we have, his inclusion in the lineup over someone like Sislo has such a small effect that it's not worth getting mad about. We played guys like Janssen and Boulton during the 11-12 regular season and it didn't effect the team much.

Winning comes down to your goaltender, your top six and your top four defensemen. Fourth liners contribute a win or two a year, but that's about it.

I do agree about Ruutu over Sislo, as I feel like Sislo is not anywhere near NHL caliber and should have never been called up.

But I still don't want Ruutu around if we can help it.

If we actually had a better 3rd line, or excuse me, an actual 3rd line, this wouldn't be as big of a deal.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We need to win here, I like our chances against the Habs more than the Bruins because of the poor matchup for years with the Bruins.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Dave Randork calling the game here. Good thing the Sens aren't playing with Hammond in net or he would be calling him the Hamburglar at every turn.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hope we score a **** ton of goals on Condon, just so I can watch that BAD AHL goaltender Sievens come in and hope we take a giant and steamy dump on him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just realized that both Ruutu and Sislo are in tonight.

That's the only thing worse than one of them being in.

And Sislo is playing with Henrique and Stempniak.

In before people start wondering why Henrique and Stempniak can't produce jack **** for offense tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad