GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Anaheim Ducks, 10 PM EST, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
If the team turned it around enough to actually make the playoffs then they probably wouldn’t be pushovers in the playoffs. We are only perceiving it that way based on how they’ve played so far.

But how they’ve played so far gives no indication that they can turn it around. Shitty coaching combined with inexperience on the back end and fragile goaltending is just too much to overcome.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
And as everyone knows ketchup is the most overrated condiment, only good for eggs or mixing into sauces for meatloaf.
Eggs? Maybe an egg sandwich... like Taylor ham, egg and cheese....I wouldn't do it but I could at least understand it.

Reactions: forceten

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Close your eyes Fitz!

How anyone can watch this team and think it's a playoff team is beyond me. If the current roster figures something out and squeaks in just to get pumped in the first round, so be it. But man, Fitz better not be stupid enough to think there is a trade out there that makes us contenders. Or that this team is close to contender status and should start mortgaging the future to win now.
The playoff odds are just a reality check after a brutal loss. A loss where NJ put up 50 shots and easily won the expected goals battle.

Team is deeply flawed, can lose in a myriad of ways but also can do things no other team can do with all its offensive talent. Might need a new coach, or a goaltender it can lean on effectively, but the season isn't over.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Especially vs the shit teams in this league! That's so on the coaching staff to fix.
It's on the coach to fix the defense...but the defense is so inexperienced that we are going to just have to deal with it or get some of the youth out of the lineup. It's a real issue and it's been hurting us all season.

I'm not sure the coach can do anything about finishing though? That's why pay forwards millions...to finish.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Eggs? Maybe an egg sandwich... like Taylor ham, egg and cheese....I wouldn't do it but I could at least understand it.
I was one of those kids that put that shit on everything (ketchup) lol. Now I never touch it. Ketchup on liverworst or baloney. Processed kraft singles on wonder bread. Almost as sickening and toxic as the 2023-24 New Jersey Devils.:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I was one of those kids that put that shit on everything (ketchup) lol. Now I never touch it. Ketchup on liverworst or baloney. Processed kraft singles on wonder bread. Almost as sickening and toxic as the 2023-24 New Jersey Devils.:laugh:
Liverwurst and a kraft single on Wonder white bread with mustard is something I used have in the 80's all the time.
Edit:
That bright yellow French's mustard....when it still came in a glass bottle like ketchup.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I turned it off after the 1st Anaheim shit goes through Daws. The 2nd goal he could of had to pathetic. Waste of a very good team and your gonna lose all of the momentum and energy you had from the fans. I'm just disgusted with everything.
What momentum - they've had legitimate momentum once in the last few weeks and already blew it up after the stadium series game.

Jack is not a good penalty/shootout player. Incredibly stupid Bratt didn’t take the shot.
Is Bratt? Dude has one move he does in shootouts. I'd almost rather have seen Luke, at least he can't give up an odd-man rush on a breakaway

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
What momentum - they've had legitimate momentum once in the last few weeks and already blew it up after the stadium series game.
Momentum and excitement from last year. Really none to speak of this season. We'll be back to 13k on a Tuesday night v.s Nashville next season. At least early on.

Reactions: NJDevs26

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Kinkaid is definitely worse than these at this point. He’s probably right about on par with Andrew Hammond when we had him.

He’s somehow been worse in the AHL than anybody we have had play NHL games this year and so has Kallgren. And they don’t even play on the same AHL team.

Kinkaid has an .878% in 19 games with AHL Chicago and Kallgren has an .879% in 14 games with AHL Utica.

I’m all for bringing one or both of these guys up. Its junk time at this point.
For what it's worth, Källgren has a .902 in his last 10 starts and was pretty good in his last 3.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Lesson for a young Jack.

Confidence is great, but being cocky will burn you when the tide turns.

He's getting absolutely roasted
I agree but talking shit on the ice is different... it's really unfortunate that was caught...all kinds of crazy stuff is said on the ice...

If we knew everything and held players accountable for the dumb stuff that they said on the ice NHL media coverage would be like TMZ

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
Anybody else start turning the volume down when Dano and Bryce start pacifying viewers like Dr Phil on Oprah? Yes those shots were high but how many were really quality chances? It is a game the Devils should have won, Anaheim is the league's 3rd worst.

I am passed the Devils making the playoffs it only delays us further, sell in exchange for draft picks which can also be reused in summer trades.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
The announcers / panel this year pushing the rosiest narrative possible have been hard to listen to to the point of absurdity.

The team views the broadcast as advertising for tickets/merchandise primarily it seems, and doesn't seem to care about the quality of the product on its own. It's also about gambling ads which is gross. I frequently put it on mute and rarely watch anything said during the intermission.

I think the broadcasts will just get worse and worse as the revenue from regional cable networks gets smaller and smaller.

Camille the Eel

Jack is not a good penalty/shootout player. Incredibly stupid Bratt didn’t take the shot.
Meier would have been another alternative?

But why oh why can’t Hughes learn to do shoot outs ? This is over reaction and fan stuff probably, but I lost some degree of faith in him last night as a player and leader on this team. This wasn’t a game 7 or anything but it was a moment a star player seizes. That penalty shot attempt was pathetic. I mean Pathetic with a capital P or all caps. Wetting the bed pathetic. Kind of a defining moment for him in my mind until he somehow erases it, which doesn’t look like there’s much chance of this year. Our great Man.

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
In my estimation (sound like Dano now) we would have 5-10 more wins with a true starting goalie in net. Doesn’t excuse all the other issues, I just think if you look back at the winnable games, softies and not getting timely saves crippled us.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
In my estimation (sound like Dano now) we would have 5-10 more wins with a true starting goalie in net. Doesn’t excuse all the other issues, I just think if you look back at the winnable games, softies and not getting timely saves crippled us.
I’ve been saying this forever. This team with a capable goalie (markstrom) is probably fighting for 2nd in the division. Would it solve the other issues? No but it would solve a huge issue which is goaltending and one of the few issues that can be fixed by making a single move. Firing ruff isn’t a simple move so don’t say it is. Fitz really dropped the ball by not trading for markstrom in Dec.

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
Meier would have been another alternative?

But why oh why can’t Hughes learn to do shoot outs ? This is over reaction and fan stuff probably, but I lost some degree of faith in him last night as a player and leader on this team. This wasn’t a game 7 or anything but it was a moment a star player seizes. That penalty shot attempt was pathetic. I mean Pathetic with a capital P or all caps. Wetting the bed pathetic. Kind of a defining moment for him in my mind until he somehow erases it, which doesn’t look like there’s much chance of this year. Our great Man.
a defining moment of him? really? 🙄

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I don't know why I feel like I have to say it every time, but the MSG crew's job is not to cater to the people like us diehards who post on a message board. They're there for the casual viewer. They also essentially work for the team. Of course they're going to attempt to spin what's happening as positively as they can.

Even so, you can tell they are just completely dejected by the tone of their voice. As true defensive defensemen, it's probably killing Dano and Sal slowly inside to see defenders who can't do the most basic things to get the puck out of the zone or the simplest coverages.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Something is wrong with Jack. Not just physically. That first Anaheim game seemed to break something in his brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad