GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (49-21-8, 106 Points, 2nd in Metro) vs. Columbus Blue Jackets (24-45-8, 56 Points, 8th in Metro), 7 PM, MSGSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Both goalies have done pretty well vs Columbus.

View attachment 682623
View attachment 682621View attachment 682622

View attachment 682624

View attachment 682621
View attachment 682625

They likely want Vanecek to get another win, he hasn’t had two in a row in a while.

Not thrilled with Blackwood getting the last home game but he might get the Sabres. Maybe the Bruins? I assume Vitek would want the last game to get ready for the playoffs.

No thank you. I'm going to the game in Boston on Saturday, and I want to see Vanecek and a win.

I might have to pull a @Bleedred and yell insults from the stands if Badwood sucks against the Bruins and we lose because of it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
an absolute joke...ONE playoff round win in 22 seasons...comical

its going to be hilarious when they don't win the lottery

View attachment 682656
I constantly have said they should hang a couple of banners for 2019

Like ''SWEPT PRESIDENTS TROPHY WINNER IN FIRST ROUND: 2018-2019''

''WON A PLAYOFF SERIES: 2018-2019''

I keep erroneously saying that 2019 is their only playoff series win, but it's actually not. They won the stupid bullshit play-in round in 2020 up in Toronto, which came in a year where I don't even think they were gonna make the playoffs if the actual season had played out? They were still on pace for a 95 point team, but that would have been good enough for 6th in the Metro that year, as hard as that is to believe. The Rangers were on pace for 93 points that year and a 7th place Metro finish. That was a WHACKY year even before the pause. Last year every East playoff team had 100 points, but 100 points wasn't actually needed to make the playoffs that year. I think the Islanders had the most points for a non-playoff team in the East and they had only 84 points. So a wild card team very well could have made it in with 90-92 points last year.

Anyway, I constantly forget they beat the Leafs in the play-in round that year. Which has also prolonged the Leafs number of years without a playoff series win.

That's just more fodder right there to fire Keefe and Dubas if they don't make it out of the first round this year, which I kept talking about last night.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No thank you. I'm going to the game in Boston on Saturday, and I want to see Vanecek and a win.

I might have to pull a @Bleedred and yell insults from the stands if Badwood sucks against the Bruins and we lose because of it.
I would just be happy if he never played a game for us again and we called somebody else up to start any potential game that Vitek wasn't gonna start.

#FREESCHMID

It's really become clear that the staff really has no faith in the guy anymore.

I thought for sure he would have been playing tonight, but perhaps the fact that the Hawks made it a little too interesting the night he was in there, combined with the fact that this is not a back to back has really just shifted them to give Vitek the start.

I'd like to say the Rangers winning last night might have also had something to do with it, as there's less breathing room and margin for error to have a game punted by a terrible goaltender, but I don't think they quite think like that like us fans do.

I do expect there will be one more game this year out of the 3 after tonight, where Vitek does not get a start.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
@Bleedred

I'm not holding my breath that St. Louis beats them.

We may have to just about run the table in order to stay ahead.
I think SOMEONE will beat them again before the season ends.

If we can go 2-1-1 in the last 4 games (Definitely doable with this schedule) then that gives us 111 points. The Rangers need to take every remaining point to hit 111.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think SOMEONE will beat them again before the season ends.

If we can go 2-1-1 in the last 4 games (Definitely doable with this schedule) then that gives us 111 points. The Rangers need to take every remaining point to hit 111.

Second half of a back to back with Halak and they had to travel last night.

Opportunity here for a schedule lose

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Second half of a back to back with Halak and they had to travel last night.

Opportunity here for a schedule lose
This is definitely right up there with Chicago to Winnipeg and I gotta think it's even more brutal than that.

But the Blues are pretty bad.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Win and nobody get hurt please. LFGD!

that CBJ defense has got to be the worst in NHL history right?

Jesus Christ
Add Hutchinson to this and it makes last years Devils look like Jacques Lemaire's prime Devils. No excuses Jack get yourself 4 points!

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I remember the game vs, the Blue Jackets, this year where the Devils dominated them for a full 60 minutes. Would like to see complete domination again. However, with the Bruins (The Beast of Hockey,) coming up next this could possibly be a trap game. The Devs need to come out and play like they did against Pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad