GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (48-21-8, 104 Points, 2nd in Metro) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (38-29-10, 86 Points, 5th in Metro, 2nd Wildcard), 7 PM, MSGSN

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I'd love for them to use these full time and the red and green too.

I'm still hoping the Hat hats get reproduced although somewhere it said it wasn't happening

Unfortunately, that's 99.999999% not going to happen. Not when they're pushing the Black and Red membership for ST. Oh well.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The amazing thing is that Crosby and Malkin were mostly invisible in this game

They're aging, and not the Crosby and Malkin of 10 years ago.

But still, shutting them down is an accomplishment and we made it look easy.

Marino and Bahl in particular both had memorable sequences where they boxed Crosby out and nullified a possible scoring chance.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
We're talking about clinching HOME ICE here, Blackwood is a potential impediment to that, so yeah, he can be TALKED about right now.

I'm not saying don't play him, I'm just saying he could be an impediment to that. He's arguably the worst goalie in the NHL (it's probably Quick, but he's potentially about to retire and is ancient) and we can assume he's playing next game.

So yeah, he's relevant to the rest of the season.
Blackwood sucks and needs to be cut from the team ....

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
We're talking about clinching HOME ICE here, Blackwood is a potential impediment to that, so yeah, he can be TALKED about right now.

I'm not saying don't play him, I'm just saying he could be an impediment to that. He's arguably the worst goalie in the NHL (it's probably Quick, but he's potentially about to retire and is ancient) and we can assume he's playing next game.

I'm not an asshole, but I love that it pisses people off.

If you've watched him the last three years and he doesn't piss you off, I applaud your patience.

I also love the ''He's about to bounce back'' poster and how it pisses him off that I hurl insults and have an avatar bashing him. He knows who he is.

I deserve the benefit of the doubt on the goalies here. You can rip for calling Kevin Bahl Santini 2.0 but not on the goalies.

I’m not defending Blackwood. I’m saying it’s silly that you bring him up mid-game when he isn’t playing.

That has nothing to do with the post game silliness about a game multiple games away.

If being silly gets your rocks off, then continue on, but it is silly.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Saw this on the Penguins board.

1680660640069.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe, but isn't there a 5 day break before the playoffs start?
We likely won’t do a mass rest of guys, but maybe a couple.

I can’t think of who, but maybe some of the guys that you may see getting the maintenance days during practices.

Maybe someone like Tatar. He’s been having the maintenance days and is a little bit older. Possibly Palat too.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
3 or 4 days. Playoffs either begin Monday or Tuesday.

If we somehow get 3rd after tonight, we'd open on the 17th (Monday). There's an event at Prudential Center on the 28th which would be a home game 6 thus a scheduling conflict. We still might open up on the 17th even if we finish in second place but there's no shot we open a day later on the 18th (Tuesday) in third.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
If we somehow get 3rd after tonight, we'd open on the 17th (Monday). There's an event at Prudential Center on the 28th which would be a home game 6 thus a scheduling conflict. We still might open up on the 17th even if we finish in second place but there's no shot we open a day later on the 18th (Tuesday) in third.

Should note based on the tv schedules that have been published so far it looks like round 1 will get stretched an extra day. ESPN lists a night of Game 7’s for Monday, May 1 and a game 6 for ABC in prime time on Saturday, April 29. So there is going to be a two day break for each series at some point.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
They're aging, and not the Crosby and Malkin of 10 years ago.

But still, shutting them down is an accomplishment and we made it look easy.

Marino and Bahl in particular both had memorable sequences where they boxed Crosby out and nullified a possible scoring chance.
Sids still Sid but the Letang and Malkin deals scream buy out if anyone other than their GM was in charge.

Reactions: Dialamo

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

I'm not an asshole, but I love that it pisses people off.

If you've watched him the last three years and he doesn't piss you off, I applaud your patience.

I also love the ''He's about to bounce back'' poster and how it pisses him off that I hurl insults and have an avatar bashing him. He knows who he is.

I deserve the benefit of the doubt on the goalies here. You can rip for calling Kevin Bahl Santini 2.0 but not on the goalies.
So the take away from that diatribe is that you think Blackwood will clinch home ice for NJ because he is going to bounce back? I’ll be honest. I admire your passion but I just don’t have the same confidence in Blackwood that you do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad